Mock with Dobbins in second...

Hebert19

14 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’d go get Taylor if he lasts to pick 40.  I’d give up my 2nd and 3rd for him.  He’d be perfect for this offense.  Big explosive back who racks up TD’s.  

Love the player but I really hope we don’t trade up...plenty of talent...we just need to be patient...

• Like (+1) 9

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Love the player but I really hope we don’t trade up...plenty of talent...we just need to be patient...

We already gave away the picks that were super long shots to make it. At THAT point in the draft you can still get guys who can make our roster. Unless it’s a steal, keep the pick. 

• Like (+1) 2

Having any of the three of Swift, Dobbins, or Taylor falling to 40 would make for an awful interesting decision. I for one would pull the trigger, and have a top pairing backfield for the next three to four years easy.

I know to some it would seem like a luxury pick, but we saw the downside to not having a good spell back to Motor down the stretch. Imagine not just having a spell back, but possibly an as good if not better back to share the workload.

As far as Bowden, what's tough for me, unless you find the right way to utilize him, I feel like hell be lost in the shuffle. Love his skill set, and as a developmental spec, you absolutely take that risk, but for me it would have to be legit 6th or 7th round.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Dobbins or Taylor in the 2nd would be reasonably good value and at an area of need. I think we should ideally target CB and RB in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. 

Now that RB is one of our biggest remaining needs, it's too bad that Etienne Jr. wound up going back to Clemson. He would have been another possible option on Day 2. 

9 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’d go get Taylor if he lasts to pick 40.  I’d give up my 2nd and 3rd for him.  He’d be perfect for this offense.  Big explosive back who racks up TD’s.  

Not a fan of giving up the 3rd.  Move the 5th on picks but keep 2-4.  The team still has needs that those picks will bring.

• Like (+1) 1

Basically we could turn #54 into

• #54     R2    stay pat
  • #45     R2,      R4,  R5
  • #38    R2  R3
  • #33    R2  R3 R4
  • #31    R2 R3            2021 R2

Taylor might be top 20.  Dobbins and Aken are more likely

Edited by maryland-bills-fan

I doubt he’ll be there because the Phins love for him seems genuine (as it should).  But oh my, would I RUN to the podium if he was.  The beginning of the 2nd is going to be interesting when it comes to the run on RBs.  But yea...  Sign me up because I would have to imagine he would be BPA at that point.

• Thank you (+1) 1

That would be a nice draft.  I'm not sure about Carlos Davis in round 7.  He has great athleticism for a late round pick, but with Lotulelei, Butler, Oliver, Harrison, and Jefferson, Buffalo has a crowded room in the defensive line interior, and given Davis' upside, I don't know that he would last long on a PS without getting snapped up to some team's active roster.  For a late round pick, that's a fairly weak argument against though.  If Buffalo can keep him through a whole season, he would be a good candidate to make the team in 2021, assuming the Bills jettison Lotulelei at that point.

17 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

How many can you play at one time?  The o-lineman at #54 would be about the 11th OT or 8th interior lineman.

at the time we didn't have daryl williams so i'd say o line depth is less important now. give me skill positions

• Like (+1) 1