Bills have [20 some] million in cap space? Moderator Edited

Well until these last contracts are done, we have $27 mil. Approximately.  Now that doesn’t count who we cut, so maybe more or less.  If you think about the draft we need usually about $7 mil for the draft, if we bundle maybe a little less, and they usually want $5-7 mil. For an emergency fund, so without the last signings, we’re talking about $13-15 mil.  I don’t see that but could be wrong enough to extend White, Dawkins, or Milano, but could be wrong as many have informed me before.  ?. It might make sense to get a couple of role players at best or no one and draft.

Then have something for next year so we can extend these guys.  Cap space will go up as you guys know we’re going to cut a couple.  

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

32 million is fine.....most of team under contract.....next to nothing cost for draft picks

And there is enough if someone worth while is willing to take a 1 year deal...if not roll the 30 milion over to next year because it will be needed to sign our own

We are in a good situaiton

I think they are going to want a decent amount of roll over for Dawkins and Milano extensions. 20ish (depending on any emergency signings) million would be decent roll over. I would have preferred 30 but hey go for it while you have a good team in place. I think 20 million allows you to front load White, Dawkins, and Milano's potential deals with ease. 

• Like (+1) 3

Nice having a GM that can manage a cap, get good players here WITHIN that cap, look forward to the next new/big contracts and the ability to let guys walk if they are too much $$. Plus they have drafted decently. And now if something goes on they have IN SEASON cap room to make moves.

Remember ***** GM's and teams that were close to the cap but GARBAGE as a team...the only reason you should ever be cap tight or even close to it and suck is catastrophic injuries to a otherwise good/playoff caliber team... But if you're a team that just sucks and you're a 5-10-7-9(at best) team and you're cap tight OR lets switch gears and you're a league worst bottom 5 or 8 team like say the Sabres and cap tight that reaks of INCOMPETENCE in GM and Ownership/management.

a bottom feeder thats cap tight is run by a incompetent GM/management team.

and by the opposite a playoff caliber team thats got 15-30+ million left to use is very well run...normally if youre very competitive youre close to the cap(within 5 million or less) if youre a playoff team and you got 20 million+ youre in good!

Edited by CBennett
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

32 million is fine.....most of team under contract.....next to nothing cost for draft picks

And there is enough if someone worth while is willing to take a 1 year deal...if not roll the 30 milion over to next year because it will be needed to sign our own

We are in a good situaiton

Tre White is a priority- we will need some of this for him. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Tre White is a priority- we will need some of this for him. 

They have a 5th year option on White, they can work out an extension after 2020. But I think they should look to lock up either Dawkins or Milano now so that they don't have to worry about having 2 possibly critical free agents. I think also having one "priced into" your 2021 cap is helpful in terms of what to pay Tre and the other one. The only good thing about the 2018 draft is that 2 out of 3 possibly key free agents (Edumonds, Allen, and Henry) have 5th year options. So they are locked in for 3 more seasons. Really the issue in terms of extensions was and is Milano and Dawkins short term. 

8 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

They have a 5th year option on White, they can work out an extension after 2020. But I think they should look to lock up either Dawkins or Milano now so that they don't have to worry about having 2 possibly critical free agents. I think also having one "priced into" your 2021 cap is helpful in terms of what to pay Tre and the other one. The only good thing about the 2018 draft is that 2 out of 3 possibly key free agents (Edumonds, Allen, and Henry) have 5th year options. So they are locked in for 3 more seasons. Really the issue in terms of extensions was and is Milano and Dawkins short term. 

Maybe I'm having a brain fart, but who is Henry?

According to Sportrac this morning the Bills have $27 million only counting the Top 51 and $19 million if counting all players...

4 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

Maybe I'm having a brain fart, but who is Henry?

Henry? I have no idea...I am still trying to figure out who the hell is Alice...

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

According to Sportrac this morning the Bills have $27 million only counting the Top 51 and $19 million if counting all players...

Henry? I have no idea...I am still trying to figure out who the hell is Alice...

Hell, who the hell is Alice? Too early to be this confused.

I thought $54 mill was a bit high i had read they were around $20 + mill after all the signings but if they have $33 mill thats better yet it gives Beane some more to work with if you figure from what i've read some where around $8 million for the rookie class .

13 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Yup. Incidentally those figures do not include the contracts for Taiwan Jones, Dean Marlowe and Tyler Matakevich. 

On 3/23/2020 at 5:12 PM, BillsMafi$ said:

C7F171AD-F5D4-4EAF-8C49-13B557B5A032.jpeg

HAHA, BoB and Texans have cap space.......he is the worst.  But, they would pay Clowney or Hopkins.  Bahahahahaaaa

16 hours ago, hjnick said:

Ouch...

Come on down Clowney with an incentive based 1 year prove it deal! :)

How do the Rams have any cap space..........magic?!

On 3/23/2020 at 7:05 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Still enough to extend 2 of White, Dawkins or Milano.  Probably White & Milano or Dawkins & Milano.  Git er done, Beane!

I would like White first and then Dawkins.  IMO Milano can wait, unless we get a very good deal on him now.  But, agree, money for at least two resignings.