Patriots release K Gostkowski, their all-time leading scorer.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This explains a lot.

Somebody was talking about trading up into the first. Chiefs are the team to do it with because they literally can’t afford to pay a first rounder. They will probably have to do something with Sammy Watkins, but cap hell is worth it when you win the super bowl.  

3 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I wouldn't hate bringing him in for some competition with Haush but I don't see that as a process move since I think Gostkowski would likely command a decent contract and the Bills are already paying Haush like a top 10 kicker. Overall I think that Gostkowski is going to sign in Tampa Bay and he will compete there. I think the Brady connection there and their need for stable kicking will make sense. However that injury was serious and as others had pointed out Gostkowski was struggling in 2018 before the injury. 

Tampa spent a 5th round pick on a kicker last year, had a mostly solid season for a rookie. Can't see them going with a 35 year old coming off a tough season.

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Paying Gilmore a ton of money.

Gilmore is a big cap hit at 18.5 million and they did just franchise Tuney at 14.7 million but the roster doesn't have many bloated contracts like the Rams roster. Their top 10 contracts take up about 48% of their cap (compared to 41% for The Bills and 71% for the Rams) but they are killed by 23 million in dead cap (13.5 million thanks to Brady and 4.5 million thanks to AB) along with a bit of bloat in the middle of their roster (a lot of players in the 3-5 million range.) 

3 hours ago, dwight in philly said:

I believe he has a Buffalo family connection.. could be wrong , but thought i read about him being a Sabres fan.. 

He was born in Cheektowaga and moved to TN when he was 8 years old.  A soccer player all his life when a Memphis coach noticed his kicking ability and away he went to football.  Great guy and family man. 

Edited by LB48
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Gilmore is a big cap hit at 18.5 million and they did just franchise Tuney at 14.7 million but the roster doesn't have many bloated contracts like the Rams roster. Their top 10 contracts take up about 48% of their cap (compared to 41% for The Bills and 71% for the Rams) but they are killed by 23 million in dead cap (13.5 million thanks to Brady and 4.5 million thanks to AB) along with a bit of bloat in the middle of their roster (a lot of players in the 3-5 million range.) 

This year will be tight for them, but in 2021 they have tons of cap space.

So naturally, this season will be canceled.   And they'll get 9 comp picks.

6 hours ago, dwight in philly said:

I believe he has a Buffalo family connection.. could be wrong , but thought i read about him being a Sabres fan.. 

Just because his last name ends in 'ski' doesn't mean he has a Buffalo connection. ?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

This year will be tight for them, but in 2021 they have tons of cap space.

So naturally, this season will be canceled.   And they'll get 9 comp picks.

Naturally they will be horrid this year and then get Trevor Lawrence and build a dynasty with him. It really would be something if that were to happen. I hope their defense, coaching, and special teams gets them 5 wins. 

3 hours ago, Nick the Greek said:

The chiefs went all in, and won a super bowl. That’s how you do it I guess. 

Hunt could keep his cash in a pocket change holder *see below

52 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Just because his last name ends in 'ski' doesn't mean he has a Buffalo connection. ?

Yes it does.

9419D4A9-9A90-4F75-AF18-0D19005A248F.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Naturally they will be horrid this year and then get Trevor Lawrence and build a dynasty with him. It really would be something if that were to happen. I hope their defense, coaching, and special teams gets them 5 wins. 

They won a Super Bowl 14 months ago with an offense that scored 13 points so I think the 'tanking' talk might be slightly premature.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So who are the big contacts on the Chiefs? Not Mahomes.

Watkins...  That’s the move that will open things up most likely.  His will either be re-worked (which he probably won’t do) or released.