Denzel Mims film room, should we work to get him.

I think we should try and get him. Excellant body control and hands. Great blocker. And at one point wad compared to Diggs. 

Watch "Matt Waldman's RSP Film Room  No.188: WR Denzel Mims (Baylor)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/n3uoh4Q331k

Here's the full waldman site. 

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/

You can also search him on YouTube. 

Enjoy all

Edited by ScorpionZero

5 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Beane forfeited this possibility the second he pulled the trigger for Diggs. Mims really saw his stock soar at the combine. 

Well we could trade up, using our 2nd and 4th to get closer to the top of round 2. I wanna keep our 3rd for Dillon or zack moss. 

21 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I wouldn’t mind taking a WR in the 2nd and letting him develop for a few years to eventually take over for Brown or Beasley. 

Heck, in the mean time he could back up 1, 2 & 3. Plenty of snaps there! But I desire Taylor or Dobbins RD2, if they’re gone sure, go WR.

I just think by trading up in the second that we open ourselves up to landing the talent we'desire instead of hoping a player falls to us. Beane already said we don't need 9 draft picks. Quality over quantity. 

Edited by ScorpionZero

45 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I wouldn’t mind taking a WR in the 2nd and letting him develop for a few years to eventually take over for Brown or Beasley. 

I want us to be like the Steelers.  By my count they have drafted 23 WR's in the 2000's.  They consistently produce productive WR's - even though they seemingly always have a strong starting group.  Then the next guys come right in and typically play well.  

We have a really good group now, let's start the replenishment process like them. They do it especially well and I'd study and emulate it. 

While I'm not against drafting another WR, I would not trade up to do so unless it is a small move up using no more than their 5th.  I would rather keep the 3rd, 4th and 5th and possibly move up from their current pick in round 3 or their current pick in round 4.

I would be very surprised if they took a WR in the 2nd after acquiring Diggs.  That would essentially be using their 1st and 2nd round picks on WR and I think that is too much.  Depends on players available at other positions in round 2 - particularly DE, CB, OT and RB.