Car Kyle Allen traded to Skins

47 minutes ago, hjnick said:

Yup! They are tanking...

By why did they pay Teddy?  Their plan makes no sense.  I don’t think Bridgewater is anything special but he will win some games.  It’s like Fitz last year. If you are going to tank, you don’t sign a solid vet qb.

and it blows my mind how badly some teams are ruin.  They traded away any leverage they have in trading Newton.  Why would any team give up a pick for Newton knowing there’s no way they are keeping him?  So dumb. 

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

Bridgewater

Will Grier

PJ Walker

and technically Cam Newton

I like Walker

• Like (+1) 1

Its funny that they may get more for Kyle Allen than Cam. A 5th is what Calais Campbell cost.

Kyle Allen wasn't liked by many of the Panthers fanbase because he wasn't Newton. I must say this seems a bit unfair to me. In late November in the New Orleans Superdome he brought back the Panthers from 14-0 and 31-18 deficits throwing 3 TDs and 0 interceptions. By no means a terrible QB (though he did have terrible games too). I would rate him worth a 5th, which dare I remind you was the round Peterman was drafted in.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

By why did they pay Teddy?  Their plan makes no sense.  I don’t think Bridgewater is anything special but he will win some games.  It’s like Fitz last year. If you are going to tank, you don’t sign a solid vet qb.

and it blows my mind how badly some teams are ruin.  They traded away any leverage they have in trading Newton.  Why would any team give up a pick for Newton knowing there’s no way they are keeping him?  So dumb. 

I like Walker

They aren't tanking. Bridgewater will compete with Walker for the starter job, the other will be the backup (most likely Walker). Both are young enough to be starters for a bit keeping them from needing to draft someone soon

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I remember after 5 games, some fans won’t anointing him as their franchise qb.  Backup qbs are a dime a dozen in the NFL. 

This was one of my Panther fan buddies at work. Those first few games he was sending me QB rankings and telling me we picked the wrong Allen.

I badgered the heck out of him this afternoon?

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

Its funny that they may get more for Kyle Allen than Cam. A 5th is what Calais Campbell cost.

Kyle Allen wasn't liked by many of the Panthers fanbase because he wasn't Newton. I must say this seems a bit unfair to me. In late November in the New Orleans Superdome he brought back the Panthers from 14-0 and 31-18 deficits throwing 3 TDs and 0 interceptions. By no means a terrible QB (though he did have terrible games too). I would rate him worth a 5th, which dare I remind you was the round Peterman was drafted in.

He’s a decent backup. 
   Remember,  he was dumping off to a record setting McCaffrey which is useful.

Also, the team still thought that Cam was coming back so they were balling out. Some members of the team eventually quit. Olsen and some of the other vets were outwardly pissed about it after some of the losses.

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Also, the team still thought that Cam was coming back so they were balling out. Some members of the team eventually quit. Olsen and some of the other vets were outwardly pissed about it after some of the losses.

Sorry, what were they pissed about? Cam being injured?

14 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

This trade says, to me, the Redskins are not convinced Haskins is their man.  But since Snyder will refuse to let them draft Tua, this is their soft landing.  Same old Skins.

I never gave up on the Bills, but I’m not sure I could stay with the Redskins......

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ennjay said:

Meanwhile since they already soured the relationship with Cam, who's supposed to play QB in Carolina?  Or are they already tanking for Taylor Lawrence (a local hero too!) in the '21 draft?

Who the ***** is Taylor Lawrence?? Trevor's brother??

4 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

This trade says, to me, the Redskins are not convinced Haskins is their man.  But since Snyder will refuse to let them draft Tua, this is their soft landing.  Same old Skins.

Or they want a backup that knows the coaches system to help run the offence

• Thank you (+1) 2