Our only chance at 3 straight titles 1/1/67

21 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

TV guide program alert. How old am I? The only player I don’t recall is De Sutter DL. Certainly didn’t think it was over for the next 23 years..

A47F3DA0-96F9-415E-A39E-49FC24BA548A.jpeg

Nice find Chandler!

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

TV guide program alert. How old am I? The only player I don’t recall is De Sutter DL. Certainly didn’t think it was over for the next 23 years..

A47F3DA0-96F9-415E-A39E-49FC24BA548A.jpeg

Excellent!  I'm going to get up to flip the channel as soon as Oral Roberts is over.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Beathard at QB for KC... any relation to the guy who started some games for San Fran this past season?

Pete is CJ's great uncle.  Pete's brother Bobby was a front office exec with several teams.  IIRC Bobby had a good reputation.  Bobby is CJ's grandfather.

God this makes me feel old since I remember Pete Beatherd -- and this game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

They spelled Rutkowski wrong.  I thought they got Paul Costa's initial wrong (D Costa) but then I realized the Bills had two players named Costa.  I don't remember the tackle, D Costa, but I do remember Paul Costa.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

They also have Ed "Rutowski" playing E.

Copy editing wasn't their strong suit, apparently.

I loved it the year he played QB, for a few game, i think the same year one of my favorite players Marlin Briscoe did as well.  Regarding E, i think back then it meant something like split end, which he was somewhat of a utility player, half RB, half WR, then again i was real young barely recall.

Look at the alternative shows they had on, pretty brutal.  Wasn't much to watch Sunday morning but religion and Beany and Cecil.  And that weird Davy & Goliath.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/23/2020 at 3:53 PM, Utah John said:

I thought they got Paul Costa's initial wrong (D Costa) but then I realized the Bills had two players named Costa.  I don't remember the tackle, D Costa, but I do remember Paul Costa.

I remember Dave Costa as a DT but there are no OT's or DT's designated, just T's..  This is also before Paul Costa got switched from TE to OT.

Edited by Ennjay
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Ennjay said:

This post has been up for nearly 48 hours and nobody's told a Booth Lusteg joke yet.

He deserved the beating he got...

Also, recall that the game was blacked out in Buffalo/Rochester...stupid blackout rules were fortunately amended in the early 1970s and are extinct today.

• Like (+1) 1