Josh Allen "Prove it" Season In Year 3

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Dont care.   Win baby.  

If he does what it takes to get us 10 to 12 wins and into the playoffs I could care less about stats.  Matt ryan and matt Stafford have nice stats.  Hows that working out for then. 

If Josh remains in the bottom 5 of numerous statistical categories, chances are we won't get much further than simply making the playoffs. 

The goal is a Super Bowl victory.  So while your original take is a sane one, I couldn't care less about "12 wins".  He needs to be able to play well enough to win a Super Bowl.

8 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Unless he stops playing like a one man gang he'll not reach his potential and neither will the team.

The reason you mention, intact offense with one big exception (Diggs) and soon to be chosen complementary RB is the exact reason why the pressure is indeed on Josh Allen.  He has one season to prove it or the team is going to be forced to bring in competition in 2021.  He is either going to command big bucks or he won't and Beane needs to know by the end of the 2020 season.

I think you really underestimate how much Beane and McD think of Allen. This is not a make or break year for him IMO. If guys like Tannehill, Winston, and Mariota get their full rookie deals, then Allen will too. 

I truly believe Beane and McD are fully committed to him. They truly believe that he can be developed and already possesses traits that can’t be taught. I think those traits are what drew them to him in the first place. It just so happens that he has a winning record in two seasons working with an incomplete offense. Let’s see what he does with good, seasoned players. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

If Josh remains in the bottom 5 of numerous statistical categories, chances are we won't get much further than simply making the playoffs. 

The goal is a Super Bowl victory.  So while your original take is a sane one, I couldn't care less about "12 wins".  He needs to be able to play well enough to win a Super Bowl.

Bottom 5 of which 'numerous' statistical categories?

Get a grip, he's the QB they are going to build around. He pretty much just has to maintain and kinda exhibit that he is getting some modicum of "veteran seasoning", and he is the guy...they won't draft or trade to replace him.

Unless he falls apart this season AND the next, he ain't going anywhere. 

Edited by 32ABBA
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

Get a grip, he's the QB they are going to build around. He pretty much just has to maintain and kinda exhibit that he is getting some modicum of "veteran seasoning", and he is the guy...they won't draft or trade to replace him.

Unless he falls apart this season AND the next, he ain't going anywhere. 

I totally agree. It’s foolish to think Beane and McD are going to give up on him and hit the reset at the position unless he totally melts down. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

You brought up Brady. While Allen isn’t as refined, he has that burning desire to be great like Brady. I just don’t see that with all the other young QBs. Most of them seem to be satisfied with just being in the league. Allen really couldn’t care about anything less than wins. That’s got to speak for something. 

Who do you think this applies to when you say "other young QBs"? 

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

You understand the concept of stats right...I'm adjusting for average. Some had more than average, some had less. Allen had a lot more than average

You don't seem to get it.

Go adjust each teams completion percentage by the number of drops. The Bills were still bottom 5. 

Unless you only want to adjust for the passes Bills receivers dropped, and not the ones other teams dropped, what you're saying doesn't make sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Keep in mind his first idea was that 'QBs are the new RB!'

Never mind that the entire concept of professional football, past present and future, stands in opposition to this moment of clarity

The entire concept of professional football is incredibly flawed. The bust rate for first round QBs is well above 50%. 

You're acting as though the NFL has a solid track record when evaluating, drafting and paying big money to Quarterbacks. That couldn't be farther from the truth. 

2 hours ago, TuelTime said:

How much would you pay Josh Allen if he were a FA today? 10, 15, 20 mil a year??

Russell Wilson gets 35 a year, Tom Brady just got 25, and Tyrod and Fitz are at 5.5.

He already makes 5.2 a year so I doubt he would take less than that, but in your most objective opinion, how much do you think Josh Allen is worth? How many years and how much guaranteed? Teddy Bridgewater just got 21 million a year.. Has Josh shown enough yet to be worth more than Bridgewater?

I would think Allen is at the Bridgewater level with much higher ceiling.  At least Josh is durable.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

You don't seem to get it.

Go adjust each teams completion percentage by the number of drops. The Bills were still bottom 5. 

Unless you only want to adjust for the passes Bills receivers dropped, and not the ones other teams dropped, what you're saying doesn't make sense. 

62.2% adjusted comp, not bottom 5 when rest of league adjusted for drops as well.

but lol I'm not getting it...give us those bottom 5 categories again lmaoooooooooo

2 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

Fumbles 

Completion % 

Yards per game
Yards

TDs thrown per game
QB Rating (RTG) bottom 3rd

Trying too hard chief

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Passing TDs are up.....he is a multi thread so you have to count Running TDs   does that go into your bull#### math?

No one was arguing if they were up. Facts are stubborn things and yes he was bottom 5 for thrown TDs so work on that ol' readin' comprehension

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

62.2% adjusted comp, not bottom 5 when rest of league adjusted for drops as well.

but lol I'm not getting it...give us those bottom 5 categories again lmaoooooooooo

I've yet to see any data that breaks down when passes were dropped so I have to go off team completion percentage. Josh threw 90% of our passes this year and I'll use the Washington Post's stats for drops by team. I can't see how many passes each QB had dropped. 

Adjusting for drops the Bills completed 63.4% of their passes. 299 of 513 becomes 325 of 513.

The only teams lower than that were Cincinnati, Cleveland, Tampa (62.2%), and Detroit (62.5%). 

Teams that winded up just higher were Miami (64.9%), Carolina (63.9%),  Indy (63.5%). 

Any way you slice it it was bad. None of those teams had a passing game that anyone would consider "good" a year ago. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1