Josh Allen "Prove it" Season In Year 3

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Would be nice if this sentiment was actually based on reality. 

League average was 25 drops/team according to PFR

Bills had most in the league at 36, 11 over avg

His receivers drop an average amount of passes last season, and he's hitting 61%comp, couple bumps in passer rating and ANY/A, higher yards by about 125, raises his avg YPG, none of them 'bottom five'. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Soooo - if this is your new model, why would a team trade for the QB you're kicking to the curb?

Why did the Rams pay Goff? Why did the Eagles pay Wentz? Why did the Vikings pay Cousins?

If there's one thing the NFL is good at it's making bad decisions at the QB position. 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

His receivers drop an average amount of passes last season, and he's hitting 61%comp, couple bumps in passer rating and ANY/A, higher yards by about 125, raises his avg YPG, none of them 'bottom five'. 

I've looked into. Adjusting for drops he's still bottom 5 in the NFL if you do the same for every QB.

When you start adjusting for drops, every QB in the NFL has better stats. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

We have a year to figure it out which is good. I think he needs to improve a lot.  

At his current level, I don't think he warrants the $30 mil/year he'll likely ask for.

Recent history has shown that paying non elite QBs has major effects on that team's ability to win football games after the new contract kicks in. 

Aren’t you the same guy that touted Winston as the next great qb?  A guy that said we should give up our entire draft to trade up to get him?  You lost all credibility with that gem. 

Nothing to see here folks...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Now you have to do it for every other qb. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Recent history shows it's very risky to pay guys who aren't truly elite. 

How does it? Does it show it is more risky than letting someone who is good not great walk and then trying to find another guy up to that level in the draft? I am not convinced it does. Does paying good not great QBs hurt your chance to win? Yep. Does it hurt them more than not having a good QB? Nope.

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Why did the Rams pay Goff? Why did the Eagles pay Wentz? Why did the Vikings pay Cousins?

If there's one thing the NFL is good at it's making bad decisions at the QB position. 

I've looked into. Adjusting for drops he's still bottom 5 in the NFL if you do the same for every QB.

When you start adjusting for drops, every QB in the NFL has better stats. 

You understand the concept of stats right...I'm adjusting for average. Some had more than average, some had less. Allen had a lot more than average

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, whorlnut said:

Aren’t you the same guy that touted Winston as the next great qb?  A guy that said we should give up our entire draft to trade up to get him?  You lost all credibility with that gem. 

I mean the guy did just throw for 5,000 yards.  It’s not like he’s a scrub.  He’s just his own worst enemy.  He did have eye surgery too.  He’s a guy who I won’t want to end up on the Pats.  His upside is huge.  So is downside though. 

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

Yup. That was me.

Weren't you the guy who really wanted us to draft Blaine Gabbert 3rd overall in whatever year he came out?

We've all made mistakes. Literally every single one of us.

That's the nature of throwing your neck out on a position that busts like 70% of the time in the first round.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

You understand the concept of stats right...I'm adjusting for average. Some had more than average, some had less. Allen had a lot more than average

I understand what an average is.

I've looked at every QB in the NFL's completion percentage adjusting for drops.

Josh is still bottom 5. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I am a Josh Allen fan.  I believe that he has the physical gifts to be a generational quarterback.  I also am aware of his weaknesses.

Now that Josh has one of the best trio starting wide receivers in the league, what does he have to do to show that he is the Bills franchise quarterback?

next step is a playoff win or 3

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

No, you really don't lmao

you guys are hilarious

So are you.  You guys act like Allen is the only qb who has drops.  Or that the other qbs ranked high (except Brady who had one of his worst years) in drops aren’t bad qbs who probably don’t throw the most catchable footballs.  

you are allowed to be fan without blind hero worship.  Allen has a lot to work on.  

seriously, do it for Mitchell. Allen basically had the same exact year as him in both their 2nd years.  I’m sure Bears fans feel great about him because he had a lot of “drops.”

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

But what if all these teams catch on with your wonderful idea?

If Josh Allen continues to show even mild improvement he'll be the QB for the next three years at least. We can take the 5th year option if we really need to in order to figure out if he is really the guy.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So are you.  You guys act like Allen is the only qb who has drops.  Or that the other qbs ranked high (except Brady who had one of his worst years) in drops aren’t bad qbs who probably don’t throw the most catchable footballs.  

you are allowed to be fan without blind hero worship.  Allen has a lot to work on.  

Yes, he has a lot of work to do.

No, he isn't bottom 5 if you adjust for a statistically anomalous number of drops. That was my one and only point. 

28 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

If Josh is bottom 5 in most passing categories again do you stand pat at QB?

Bottom 5 in most passing categories?

I’m curious if you ever say anything about Allen that’s true?

He was 23rd in yards, 23rd in TDs, 18th in TD %age, 16th in INT %age, 23rd in ANY/A, 24th in passer rating...at what point do you just stop making things up?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/passing.htm

Or is the stat guy drunk about the above too?

• Like (+1) 3