Josh Allen "Prove it" Season In Year 3

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Who do you think this applies to when you say "other young QBs"? 

I think Mayfield is a complete head case who has a massive chip on his shoulder. To me, all he cares about is being a rock star. Darnold just seems like he is in a constant daze and overwhelmed. He has the talent, but I don’t know if he has the killer instinct. We all know about Rosen and his entitled personality. 

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I've yet to see any data that breaks down when passes were dropped so I have to go off team completion percentage. Josh threw 90% of our passes this year and I'll use the Washington Post's stats for drops by team. I can't see how many passes each QB had dropped. 

Adjusting for drops the Bills completed 63.4% of their passes. 299 of 513 becomes 325 of 513.

The only teams lower than that were Cincinnati, Cleveland, Tampa (62.2%), and Detroit (62.5%). 

Teams that winded up just higher were Miami (64.9%), Carolina (63.9%),  Indy (63.5%). 

Any way you slice it it was bad. None of those teams had a passing game that anyone would consider "good" a year ago. 

You can’t see the data? We’ve posted it about 200 times for you:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/passing_advanced.htm

Josh Allen—7.2% drop rate; by FAR the highest in the league.

And normalizing stats doesn’t mean you remove all the drops; it means you compare QBs based upon the average number of drops.

But don’t bother; there’s already a stat for what you want to know, it’s called on-target %age. Allen was 21st...otherwise known by some stubborn folks as “bottom 5” in a 32-team league ?

• Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BigBillsFan said:

Per game not total TDs.

He's bottom 5 unless you want to compare him to Mason Rudolph with 10 games.

Trying too hard chief hahaha

Let me guess you're using 16 as the number of games Allen played in lmao

Of course you are

42 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

No one was arguing if they were up. Facts are stubborn things and yes he was bottom 5 for thrown TDs so work on that ol' readin' comprehension

In what universe is 23rd “bottom 5” in a 32-team league?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/passing.htm

I swear it’s like people just throw ? at the wall and hope nobody notices

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

He changed it to 'per game TDs thrown' immediately

Why per-game? Why not go with straight TD% since some teams throw less than others?

I’ll handle this one: because Allen ranked 18th in TD%, and that’s not bottom-5, so it’s it out because reasons.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Why per-game? Why not go with straight TD% since some teams throw less than others?

I’ll handle this one: because Allen ranked 18th in TD%, and that’s not bottom-5, so it’s it out because reasons.

You know exactly why...this thread is full of people just outright fabricating statistics to try to argue a point. Once those are disproven, they try to invent new ones that aren't relevant. 

Feels like the football IQ of this place is dropping rapidly...probably should have left this one alone smdh

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You know exactly why...this thread is full of people just outright fabricating statistics to try to argue a point. Once those are disproven, they try to invent new ones that aren't relevant. 

Feels like the football IQ of this place is dropping rapidly...probably should have left this one alone smdh

I don’t understand why people are more interested in proving a point than actual analysis, but I suppose that’s nothing new.

41 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I think Mayfield is a complete head case who has a massive chip on his shoulder. To me, all he cares about is being a rock star. Darnold just seems like he is in a constant daze and overwhelmed. He has the talent, but I don’t know if he has the killer instinct. We all know about Rosen and his entitled personality. 

So I think Rosen ***** hates losing. He hasn't always gone about it the right way in Miami but I think he wants to win. Mayfield is as competitive a human being as you can come across and I don't agree on Darnold either. Didn't he help rally a 1-7 team to a 7-9 finish? Doesn't sound like a guy who lacks competitiveness to me. I think it is very easy for fans to point at pro sports people and say "they don't care" but it's rarely true.

I mean....if the OP would have said something like "the team doesn't go 10 and 6 without a dominating defense helping out a poor offense......I mean who could argue with that.....but now......gotta point that hate at Josh Allen......throwing numbers at the wall to see what sticks......I say that we DONT go 10 and 6 without Josh Allen.....who also had a fair amount of game winning drives 

How a about this

Needs to stop fumbling

Needs to start throwing deep balls closer to his receivers and let them fight for it instead of overthrowing it

Got much better at throwing the ball away

Short game greatl improved

Better decision making.....less throws into coverage

STAYED IN THE POCKET MORE.....much less taking off and running last year.....learning to be a QB

Career years for his two top wide receivers

A completely revamped offensive line

But all in all.....improvement....ppl need to understand just how raw he was coming out...….the bust rate for QBs.....the lack of offensive weapons.....all of these things need to go into the equation.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This may be a lazy take, but if Allen cleans up his deep ball even to point it was at his rookie year then both his volume stats and efficiency stats (per attempt) would most likely improve significantly considering how often he throws deep. Just watching him play his deep ball is the only thing that really jumps out as being poor.

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I don’t understand why people are more interested in proving a point than actual analysis, but I suppose that’s nothing new.

imo any reasonable analysis has him anywhere in that 23rd-18th range

lots to work on, obviously, but the 'bottom 5' stuff is just pure nonsense

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So I think Rosen ***** hates losing. He hasn't always gone about it the right way in Miami but I think he wants to win. Mayfield is as competitive a human being as you can come across and I don't agree on Darnold either. Didn't he help rally a 1-7 team to a 7-9 finish? Doesn't sound like a guy who lacks competitiveness to me. I think it is very easy for fans to point at pro sports people and say "they don't care" but it's rarely true.

Allen comes from a small town golly gee upbringing. The rest of those guys (except maybe Mayfield) have always had the spotlight and fanfare. 

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think that its "don't care: so much as they don't know what to do when things don't go their way.

• Like (+1) 1