Josh Allen "Prove it" Season In Year 3

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So are you.  You guys act like Allen is the only qb who has drops.  Or that the other qbs ranked high (except Brady who had one of his worst years) in drops aren’t bad qbs who probably don’t throw the most catchable footballs.  

you are allowed to be fan without blind hero worship.  Allen has a lot to work on.  

seriously, do it for Mitchell. Allen basically had the same exact year as him in both their 2nd years.  I’m sure Bears fans feel great about him because he had a lot of “drops.”

Tubisky’s drop percentage was almost 2 full percentage points lower than Allen’s.

The key number to look at is on-target percentage.

19 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

It's very hard to find an elite QB. Recently it hasn't been particularly difficult to find a base level starter. 

I don't see much difference between the 11th best guy and the 25th best guy in the NFL. I think at that point it mostly boils down to the supporting cast around them. 

If we invest heavily in our supporting cast, I think it's reasonable to expect another first round QB to be able to come in here and have some sort of success. 

If we invest big dollars in a QB who can't carry a team once other positions have been stripped down due to that contract, I think you can get into trouble long term. 

Just my two cents. 

That is an interesting option.  That is a real alternative to risking several years of your franchise if you make that tragic mistake.  It's worth more than 2 cents.

• Like (+1) 2

How much would you pay Josh Allen if he were a FA today? 10, 15, 20 mil a year??

Russell Wilson gets 35 a year, Tom Brady just got 25, and Tyrod and Fitz are at 5.5.

He already makes 5.2 a year so I doubt he would take less than that, but in your most objective opinion, how much do you think Josh Allen is worth? How many years and how much guaranteed? Teddy Bridgewater just got 21 million a year.. Has Josh shown enough yet to be worth more than Bridgewater?

Edited by TuelTime

1 hour ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I am a Josh Allen fan.  I believe that he has the physical gifts to be a generational quarterback.  I also am aware of his weaknesses.

Now that Josh has one of the best trio starting wide receivers in the league, what does he have to do to show that he is the Bills franchise quarterback?

What do you understand that his weaknesses are? Beyond age and inexperience, do you see any glaring shortcomings? I do not.

Why do you think Josh has to prove anything in year 3?

Josh Allen will get the blame no matter what. A lot of people didn't like him from the get go. I always have liked him and will not put everything on his shoulders. Our O-Line is still a question mark and lack of height at WR.

Just now, clayboy54 said:

What do you understand that his weaknesses are? Beyond age and inexperience, do you see any glaring shortcomings? I do not.

Why do you think Josh has to prove anything in year 3?

It seems to be the prevailing opinion.  I do not necessarily agree with that.  I would prefer to give him as much time as possible to see what he can become.  But you and I both know that if Josh does not show significant improvement this year, many on this site will be calling for his replacement.

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Tubisky’s drop percentage was almost 2 full percentage points lower than Allen’s.

The key number to look at is on-target percentage.

Off target is interesting too.  Allen is really high up there.  But Rodgers is because he throws the ball away a lot.  

imo, these stats need more context.  Not every drop is the same.  And not every off target throw is the same.  

allen needs to be more accurate.  If this year happens. I’m very excited because it should be a much tougher schedule and we be facing a ton more good qbs.  So there will be more pressure on the offense to score.  I hope Allen proves he is the guy. 

2 minutes ago, Cal said:

Josh Allen will get the blame no matter what. A lot of people didn't like him from the get go. I always have liked him and will not put everything on his shoulders. Our O-Line is still a question mark and lack of height at WR.

I mean he gets credit for being a winning qb because we have an awesome defense.  It goes both ways.  Too much blame and too much credit.  

I have confidence in him, I’m sure he will improve because he’s an hard worker but if it’s not the case with all the weapons that he has now, we’ll have to think about an other option at the position.

But right now for the moment, I trust Josh and his dedication and I’m curious to see if his game will show an improvement next year !

Edited by Smitty75

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Off target is interesting too.  Allen is really high up there.  But Rodgers is because he throws the ball away a lot.  

imo, these stats need more context.  Not every drop is the same.  And not every off target throw is the same.  

allen needs to be more accurate.  If this year happens. I’m very excited because it should be a much tougher schedule and we be facing a ton more good qbs.  So there will be more pressure on the offense to score.  I hope Allen proves he is the guy. 

Spikes and throwaways are not included in OT% FWIW.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

He has to lead the Bills to a 10 win or more season, a playoff berth and a minimum of a playoff win. Anything less would be disappointing as a year 3 result for Allen. 

Eh, I don’t agree on the wins.  Allen could have a better year, the defense could slip a better, and with a harder schedule, we might not win as much. So I don’t think that’s fair to put entirely on Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

Many on this site would like Josh to be cut immediately. That's the nature of fandom these days. But, he is making substantial progress regardless of what some fans think. Plus, he is a natural born leader and that's something we have not seen in quite a while. I like what I am seeing and hope his ceiling is where we all would like it to be.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So did Allen

but why would you be expected to know that lol...

• Like (+1) 2

Charlotte sports radio all morning was saying what a great fit Cam would be for Buffalo. They were very negative about Josh saying the team was built to win now. Cam could take them to the super bowl where Josh was not ready to. This went on for an hour or so. Very negative about Josh being the guy. They use the Houston game as an example.