DiMarco restructures

12 minutes ago, Antonio said:

Care to tell us why not? He has good hands and I can recall good plays where he catches the ball and has good YAC.

You probably say that only because of that unusall deep ball to him, that was a broken play, but watch a litte of his tape, he is not bad at all. 

Have you watched him try to turn and get up field after a catch?

He looks like a fat kid trying to learn how to roller skate...I would know, I was that kid!

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Allen.
He needs to make better life choices than throwing to Patrick in double coverage . period.

: D

If they ran that play with Stefon Diggs lined up where Brown was it is a successful conversion for a 1st down because he wins at the line and gets to his spot when Josh is expecting him there. 

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Have you watched him try to turn and get up field after a catch?

He looks like a fat kid trying to learn how to roller skate...I would know, I was that kid!

as long as he puts the ball away?  i am fine with the fat kids.

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

According to a league source, the #Bills have agreed to a restructured contract with FB Patrick DiMarco, lowering his 2020 cap hit from $2.35 million to $1.9M -- a $450,000 savings. The new figure is his base salary+prorated signing bonus+workout and per-game roster bonuses.

Thats from Jay Skurkis Twitter just now 

There must be something that can be done with the supernumerary Bill.  Just cut him, please.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

If they ran that play with Stefon Diggs lined up where Brown was it is a successful conversion for a 1st down because he wins at the line and gets to his spot when Josh is expecting him there. 

Perhaps. Just should have  moved his feet, reset and chucked it to Brown. or out of reach.
Decision making is not predicated on who was lined up. imho.
Who was more likely to Make a play on the ball. Pat the fat kid? lol O r John Brown who can accelerate to the ball and then turn upfield.

that's my only point Gunner

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Perhaps. Just should have  moved his feet, reset and chucked it to Brown. or out of reach.
Decision making is not predicated on who was lined up. imho.
Who was more likely to Make a play on the ball. Pat the fat kid? lol O r John Brown who can accelerate to the ball and then turn upfield.

that's my only point Gunner

And I agree with you. But it is an example of where part of helping him is giving him better talent to work with. Two seasons ago our starting receivers were Kelvin Benjamin and Zay Jones. Stefon Diggs and John Brown sounds a lot better than that!

24 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

I still blame him for f'ing up Peterman's career.  If memory serves, Peterman had a couple of nice completions to open the San Diego game and then put a pass right in DiMarco's hands.  It proceeded to bounce off his hands into a Charger's interception.  It was all downhill (rapidly) after that.

It's amazing how many DiMarco fans conveniently forget that play. 

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And I agree with you. But it is an example of where part of helping him is giving him better talent to work with. Two seasons ago our starting receivers were Kelvin Benjamin and Zay Jones. Stefon Diggs and John Brown sounds a lot better than that!

Bills have done a fine job of seriously working on developing Joshes game Last year and a big swing with Diggs. Bills are all in the kid.  and so am I.
Continuity is good and always upgrading talent really good. adding a #1 WR is cherry topping.

Everyone will look better this year IMO. Coaching and  play calling as well.
 Dimarco gets another year and is not a slouch mentally or physically . Good to keep him at and agreed restructure.

You can do better of course ans you can likely could do for other positions. Quinton Spain comes to mind.
But they both fit this Offense moving forward.

Go Bills

Just fyi, guys in this draft who are technically tight ends but can play play fullback. I know a lot of fullbacks go quite low in the draft, but these guys offer more versatility and can be on the field way more than the traditional fullback. 

Dalton Keene VA tech

Jared Pickney Vanderbilt

Thaddeus Moss LSU

Josiah Deguara Cincinnati 

I really like Keene. He reminds me a bit of Juszcyk as a jack of all trades kind of player. Keene also put up some impressive combine numbers. He is also used to doing a million different things at Virginia Tech. 

The interesting one to me is Moss. If you could convince that kid that he’s basically Juszcyk and going to used all over the field, he could have some ridiculous upside.  

20 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It's amazing how many DiMarco fans conveniently forget that play. 

i did.
now i recall.

the horror.

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Just fyi, guys in this draft who are technically tight ends but can play play fullback. I know a lot of fullbacks go quite low in the draft, but these guys offer more versatility and can be on the field way more than the traditional fullback. 

Dalton Keene VA tech

Jared Pickney Vanderbilt

Thaddeus Moss LSU

I really like Keene. He reminds me a bit of Juszcyk as a jack of all trades kind of player. Keene also put up some impressive combine numbers. He is also used to doing a million different things at Virginia Tech. 

The interesting one to me is Moss. If you could convince that kid that he’s basically Juszcyk and going to used all over the field, he could have some ridiculous upside.  

and the Dimarco contract hardly preclude the Bills from picking up one of these young men. Nice work Beanes !

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Need more deep passes for him in double coverage next year.  He’s a weapon.  

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Thanks for reminding me of that play.  :wallbash:

As awful as that play was, DiMarco should have caught that pass.

I would like to see them use DiMarco more as a pass protector especially in the empty set formation.  Keep DiMarco in for blitzes and use him as a pass option in the absence of the blitz.  Works for other teams.

28 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Dalton Keene VA tech

Jared Pickney Vanderbilt

Thaddeus Moss LSU

I love Deguara. Not sure where others have him but he is an early day 3 pick for me. 

• Like (+1) 1

Is DiMarco really a special teams ace? Or does Meyer Lansky II have incriminating photos of Beane? The only play I recall DiMarco was that ill fated deep out.  Roster cuts were tough last year.  This year some good NFL players will be cut by the Bills. It seems a shame to me that DiMarco gets a spot over some more deserving IMO, year after year.  I'd rather have a 4th RB, or just about any other position outside K and P. That's my .02

• Like (+1) 1