DiMarco restructures

17 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Need more deep passes for him in double coverage next year.  He’s a weapon.  

That is a playbook staple....

Daboll:  I have got a play that has a less than 1% chance of success and a high likelihood of disaster

McD:  What would Nick do to you if you ran that play in a game again?  I am a big follower of WWND...

I can see his agent negotiating a bonus clause for playoff games,fly patterns and jump balls; speaking of unbearable I watched a replay of the Houston playoff game this weekend on the NFLN and I can only hope that the entire offense esp the coaches were told to watch it 10x and had to submit a report on it.

8 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I really wish they went after Dan Vitale as a guy who can do more in the passing game. If the Bills want to have a guy who can block but also split out as a receiver when they go empty sets, they should have pursued Vitale.  

I don’t have a problem with DiMarco, I just have a problem with the way they use him. If they are going to do more of that stuff they need a Delanie Walker-Kyle Juszcyk type. There are a few of those body types in the draft this year. 

I feel the same. Some of those plays should have been left on the practice field.

doesn't Dimarco do some good work on Teams as well ?
do not understand the seemingly personal dislike of the guy.

Be mad at Daboll if you have to be angry.

That all being said. They should always look to upgrade that position as you have kindly mentioned : )

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Nice! They leave no stone unturned it seems. Dimarco is a great presence in the RB room. Ppl complain but he is a leader and does his job. 

I think Dabol uses him as a pass option more this year 

Who loses targets to get our fullback more into the passing game?

4 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

His is not a big cost for a key role in our hybrid Pats offense.  Pats were stymied when Develin went down last year.  

Not sure if lee Smith or Sweeney could play this role.

Smith I think could. He played some fullback when he was with the Raiders. I’m not sure Sweeney is a good enough blocker at this point, but I could see him taking over these duties in the future. 

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I always wonder how those conversations actually go down.

I can tell you how this one went down.

Beane:  "Pat, we'd like you to watch this video of your attempted go route. After you do that, please sign the contract on the table."

[video shown]

[contract signed]

[exit left]

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Beane:  "Pat, we'd like you to watch this video of your attempted go route. After you do that, please sign the contract on the table."

[video shown]

[contract signed]

[exit left]

The Bills actually released a picture of the meeting:

Image result for i made him an offer he couldn't refuse gif

• Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Not sure if that last sentence is sarcasm. But, please no. 

Care to tell us why not? He has good hands and I can recall good plays where he catches the ball and has good YAC.

You probably say that only because of that unusall deep ball to him, that was a broken play, but watch a litte of his tape, he is not bad at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

Daboll, in the Jets game especially and in the Houston game looked like he was trying to get a mismatch. The went 5 wide with Lee Smith/Kroft and DiMarco in the game. If the other team came out in base defense they would throw, if the defense was in a sub package, they could shift to heavy formation and smash with the run. This is a good strategy but just did not work because Smith and DiMarco do not offer mismatch situations. Texans linebackers were way more athletic than them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, 17islongenough said:

Did Beane actually do something before 9pm?   Ok whats going on?

He left a vmail for DiMarco's agent around 11:30pm last night, and they let the office know they were accepting the paycut this morning. Beane will have to sign the papers when he wakes up tonight.

• Haha (+1) 1

I still blame him for f'ing up Peterman's career.  If memory serves, Peterman had a couple of nice completions to open the San Diego game and then put a pass right in DiMarco's hands.  It proceeded to bounce off his hands into a Charger's interception.  It was all downhill (rapidly) after that.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

[video shown]

[contract signed]

[exit left]

That play was never supposed to go to him. He was the clear out. Who the hell would fall for DiMarco as a decoy? Well the Texans did - he attracted the double coverage just like it was drawn up. Unfortunately John Brown got held up at the line took a second longer than planned to come open across the formation and Josh decided he couldn't wait and heaved the ball to DiMarco in double coverage and the drive stalled. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

That play was never supposed to go to him. He was the clear out. Who the hell would fall for DiMarco as a decoy? Well the Texans did - he attracted the double coverage just like it was drawn up. Unfortunately John Brown got held up at the line took a second longer than planned to come open across the formation and Josh decided he couldn't wait and heaved the ball to DiMarco in double coverage and the drive stalled. 

True. Lots of blame to go around for that play

and really none of it At DiMarco. But it is still

great to have fun at his expense! 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Allen.
He needs to make better life choices than throwing to Patrick in double coverage . period.

: D

Edited by 3rdand12

19 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

His is not a big cost for a key role in our hybrid Pats offense.  Pats were stymied when Develin went down last year.  

Not sure if lee Smith or Sweeney could play this role.

The only role I want Lee Smith playing is with another team.

• Like (+1) 1