Did The Bills Dig to Deep for Diggs Some Think So !!

T master

The draft picks Buffalo gave up equates to a draft day trade up from 22 to 18.  For a pressumed #1 that filled a massive void on the roster is a complete no brainer.  The picks sound like alot but in reality the 5th and 6th picks are throw ins. 

Im not sure the NFL talking heads are even aware how those picks were accumulated.  If NE was in on Diggs using their pick in the package is 3d chess and histerical.  Beane turned 2 lineman who where not making the team last fall into pieces used to secure a # 1 wr.  I think if the media told the whole story Buffalo comes out ahead.  

The only real question was 22 too much?  Will that player be the caliber of Diggs?  Its debatable.  With Brady gone the division is wide open for the taking. Diggs completes the 11 personal and allows the weapons to slide into proper roles that better stresses a defense.  Overall im not that impressed with highend depth of talent in this class.  I feel by 22 you are essentially in the second round.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

The draft picks Buffalo gave up equates to a draft day trade up from 22 to 18.  For a pressumed #1 that filled a massive void on the roster is a complete no brainer.  The picks sound like alot but in reality the 5th and 6th picks are throw ins. 

Im not sure the NFL talking heads are even aware how those picks were accumulated.  If NE was in on Diggs using their pick in the package is 3d chess and histerical.  Beane turned 2 lineman who where not making the team last fall into pieces used to secure a # 1 wr.  I think if the media told the whole story Buffalo comes out ahead.  

The only real question was 22 too much?  Will that player be the caliber of Diggs?  Its debatable.  With Brady gone the division is wide open for the taking. Diggs completes the 11 personal and allows the weapons to slide into proper roles that better stresses a defense.  Overall im not that impressed with highend depth of talent in this class.  I feel by 22 you are essentially in the second round.

It's actually somewhere between 20 and 21, so essentially 21 since teams don't round up for you.  The thing that catches everyone is the 4th rounder next year is worth a 5th rounder this year.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

It's actually somewhere between 20 and 21, so essentially 21 since teams don't round up for you.  The thing that catches everyone is the 4th rounder next year is worth a 5th rounder this year.

Right thats a future, its also easily replaced if buffalo trades down at any point day 2 or start of day 3.

I'm not sure how they can determine if the Bills over paid or not. Season hasn't been started and we have no idea how Diggs will impact Allen or the Bills offense. 

If he comes out and leads the league in TDs, yardage and receptions and the Bills make a big playoff push as well as win the division, then they got him for a steal. 

If he tanks with the Bills then they got fleeced.

At this point its nothing more than opinions and we all know opinions are like butt holes, we all have them.

2 hours ago, T master said:

A lot of the talk this off season here has been on the Bills trading for Stephon Diggs which although we view it as a instant upgrade to the WR room at one bills drive some think the Bills paid to much to get him but i for one believe there were some underlying factors that pushed his price as far as draft pick compensation higher than it would have normally given those involved in trying to get his services .

I have heard that not only the Bills were after Diggs but so were the Pats which may or may not have made a difference if Brady decided to stay or not we will never know but if by some chance Beane knew as much that alone could have made him decide to give more in compensation than normal to keep the wicked witch of the east from staying on top for another couple of years .

A lot of comparison has been drawn to the Hopkins deal with the Cards of which they got him for a song this guy was one of the best since he came out in the draft & he just goes & does his job there is no prime donna tendencies surrounding him at all like his soon to be team mate Fitz in AZ. 

One larger than life NFL Expert Peter King thinks the Bills over paid for Diggs due in part to the amount of WR's in this years draft i'm not sure if one of those players could have been drafted by the Bills & made as big of a contribution as Diggs in their first yr but i do know they could have been a lot cheaper in respect to how many players they could have gotten in the draft & how much monetary compensation they will pay for one player vs. 4 they gave up .

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/23/peter-king-buffalo-bills-overpaid-vikings-stefon-diggs/

I guess we will all be hyped to see exactly what Diggs will bring to the table & if Josh will cash in on his presence in the offense. I trust Beane in that to this point he has made more moves to better the team than hurt it so i am giving him the benefit of the doubt even though the compensation was pretty high for this player but if he makes that big of a immediate difference then it will all be worth it !! 

Yo, check this out!

An ENTIRE thread with the answers you seek!!

Youll find likeminded people talking about the same thing!

I think you'll 'digg it' ;)

We acquired an established stud WR that is the NFLs contested catch king and route running technician with speed, acceleration, toughness and some attitude that is under contract for 4 years at a tremendous value for a WR of his caliber.

no.  We didn’t overpay. Ask all my Vikings friends who are depressed and are conceding a rebuild

meanwhile, the Vikings will hope that they draft players that are good

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

Well if Peter King would like to call his shot on which WR that could be picked between, say, 18 and 22 (assuming we could have reasonably moved up to 18) that will succeed at the level Diggs has he's more than welcome to.

Lost in all the "tHe biLLs oVeRPaiD" nonsense is the report that Hopkins wants an AB-like raise on his current contract.  Not an extension.  A raise.  Which drives his value down on the trade market.  Still a stupid trade, but slightly more understandable with that news.

Peter King is an insufferable hack. 

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Especially considering he is 26 in his prime and has 4 years on his contract that is basically half price of what Amari Cooper just got..

Diggs might be unhappy and want to restructure, that's the only concern