The Thread To Vent On Nancy Pelosi & Her Hubris

On 5/14/2020 at 3:05 PM, Tiberius said:

Oh ya, if they let the states and locals start laying off workers this whole things gets a lot worse. 

I suspect a lot of those of Social Security and medicare just don't care. 

I'm on social security and my mom is on both.  Things haven't changed a bit for us.

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

Well, that's pretty interesting.

Section 5

1: Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members, and a Majority of each shall constitute a Quorum to do Business; but a smaller Number may adjourn from day to day, and may be authorized to compel the Attendance of absent Members, in such Manner, and under such Penalties as each House may provide.

4: Neither House, during the Session of Congress, shall, without the Consent of the other, adjourn for more than three days, nor to any other Place than that in which the two Houses shall be sitting.

This provision can be quite easily read to mean that 1.) There's no such thing as a quorum online; 2.) Doing online remote voting is adjourning the House to somewhere other than the Capitol; and 3.) The Senate is not going to agree to adjourn to anywhere other than the Capitol.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Nancy taught them everything they know.

Numerous Former Pelosi Aides Lobbying For Companies Seeking Benefits Related To Coronavirus, Report Says

by Hank Berrien

Original Article

And for the record, a bunch of former Trump appointees did the same thing

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/21/2020 at 8:37 PM, Koko78 said:

4: Neither House, during the Session of Congress, shall, without the Consent of the other, adjourn for more than three days,

First, Adjourn means to suspend until another time. A Quorum is 50 plus 1 members present at the place and time for ANY official meeting. This is an important concept to try and stop the backroom crap we've come to love so much... 

Roberts Rules for Dummies               BTW, only so I don't have to dig through the real copy.... 

What about this part of Section 5? Doesn't it demand the House needs the Senate approval to adjourn?