The Thread To Vent On Nancy Pelosi & Her Hubris

10 hours ago, Rob's House said:

The Democrats are quite literally holding the American people hostage and morons across the internet are coming to their defense and even applauding them.

Guess what, morons. If and when the collapse occurs, it's going to happen to you too. When your child is cold and hungry and you don't have any way to make it better, at least you can whack your willy to the memory of Nancy showing up the Republicans.

Right. If we do not figure out a way to keep the vast majority of businesses, both small and big, solvent - and figure it out quickly -  We will be teetering on the edge of a complete economic collapse and people are not going to have jobs to come back to.

52 minutes ago, Tiberius said:
10 hours ago - I'll be the oversight.” Anyone with a cursory memory of Trump's time in office should be hesitant to hand over a sum roughly equivalent to the GDP ...

Any comment on the pork? 

13 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Right. If we do not figure out a way to keep the vast majority of businesses, both small and big, solvent - and figure it out quickly -  We will be teetering on the edge of a complete economic collapse and people are not going to have jobs to come back to.

And then Nancy and her pals can remake America into the ‘Single Payer’ utopia they’ve been dreaming of. Except it won’t just be healthcare...it’ll be every business! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

And then Nancy and her pals can remake America into the ‘Single Payer’ utopia they’ve been dreaming of. Except it won’t just be healthcare...it’ll be every business! 

Yep. Welcome to the economic version of the dust bowl...

2 hours ago, Bockeye said:

Nancy wants $35M for the JFK  Center for the Performing Arts. How convenient that just received the JFK Profile in Courage Award.  Of course this will help get money to he hospitals and prevent small businesses and large from laying off millions of workers!

This. Is. Unbelievable.

View image on Twitter

Pelosi also wants this, she is a POS!

Screen-Shot-2020-03-23-at-6.31.07-PM.png

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Bockeye said:

2)The politicians offer for a low interest SB loan is BS. As a small biz owner, we’ve risked our houses, our, 401k’s, and our good paying jobs in hopes we achieve The American Dream.  We don’t want another loan - we’ve had enough. 

**i believe the answer is for the government to cover 100% payroll for the SB and rent.  I believe most SB’s would cover all the other costs as they are minimal for most and it would keep their employees whole**

This is really an important truth that many people are just not grasping. I don't need a low-interest loan because it's not like I'm trying to get some cash to carry me through the onset of a large project that won't pay for a few months. We have virtually no orders coming in, so taking on personal debt to keep five people on payroll, while generous, is a bad idea for me, personally.  The only reason I would want a loan is if it's covered 100% by the federal government because that is the only logical way for me to get through this. 

I believe the original bill put forth (before the Dems blew it up) had such loans being made available IF you use the loan exclusively for payroll and building/equipment leases, etc.

If they decide to just give a couple of grand to indiividuals below a certain income threshold, you can kiss any real recovery away for years, and companies like mine will be gone in a matter of weeks, if not sooner.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

KRUISER’S MORNING BRIEF: A Hit List of Righteous Republican Anger From the Senate Floor. “After being the worst people on Earth on Sunday, Senate Democrats doubled-down on Monday and decided to be the worst people in history and continue blocking the coronavirus relief package all because Granny Boxwine showed up with a fetish list of progressive nonsense that made Chuck Schumer dance like a little puppet.”

THIS DOES SEEM TO BE THE PLAN:

Screen-Shot-2020-03-24-at-9.40.59-AM.png

Pelosi’s Coronavirus Stimulus Bill Mentions ‘Diversity’ 32 Times

by Andrew Stiles

Original Article

13 hours ago, Gary Busey said:

Prove it easily Mr. Potato Head

Anyone being honest with themselves knows there was a bipartisan deal done -- even Schumer touted it over the weekend -- and it was not blown up by McConnell but Pelosi when she found out some Senators were too sick to cast their vote.

The fact that you need me to point this simple truth to you suggests you either are just being a douche canoe, or you literally have not been following the events of the week.

• Like (+1) 1

Does anybody know where in the Senate bill the "$500,000,000,000 slush fund" talking point comes from?  It looks like the "discretionary" money available for distribution to large businesses is $150B.  Didn't see a cap on the size of the loan/ loan forgiveness program for small businesses, but did see a cap on individual loans at $10MM.  Maybe that program is estimated to be $350B, but that doesn't seem likely.

(Edit: the $150B doesn't include the business funds specifically allocated to the airline industry.)

Edited by Taro T

Gary Varvel Comic Strip for March 24, 2020

Just now, Taro T said:

Does anybody know where in the Senate bill the "$500,000,000,000 slush fund" talking point comes from?  It looks like the "discretionary" money available for distribution to large businesses is $150B.  Didn't see a cap on the size of the loan/ loan forgiveness program for small businesses, but did see a cap on individual loans at $10MM.  Maybe that program is estimated to be $350B, but that doesn't seem likely.

one of the sticking points in the negotiations is the $500 billion “Exchange Stabilization Fund,” which the Democrats refer to as “a slush fund.” They are concerned that Mnuchin would have too much discretion “over which industries would have access to the fund.”

On Monday evening, Mnuchin appeared on Fox Business and said, “It’s not a slush fund; it’s a mechanism that we can use working with the Federal Reserve that will provide another $4 trillion of potential liquidity into the market. That’s on top of the Fed’s balance sheet.”

Late Monday night, Politico reporter John Bresnahan tweeted, “Mnuchin has agreed to “significant oversight” over $500B “Exchange Stabilization Fund,” per 3 sources. This is a major issue for Democrats, who called it a “$500 billion slush fund” with no accountability.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Anyone being honest with themselves knows there was a bipartisan deal done -- even Schumer touted it over the weekend -- and it was not blown up by McConnell but Pelosi when she found out some Senators were too sick to cast their vote.

So you are going with DR's conspiracy theory? Right on! 

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Gary Varvel Comic Strip for March 24, 2020

one of the sticking points in the negotiations is the $500 billion “Exchange Stabilization Fund,” which the Democrats refer to as “a slush fund.” They are concerned that Mnuchin would have too much discretion “over which industries would have access to the fund.”

On Monday evening, Mnuchin appeared on Fox Business and said, “It’s not a slush fund; it’s a mechanism that we can use working with the Federal Reserve that will provide another $4 trillion of potential liquidity into the market. That’s on top of the Fed’s balance sheet.”

Late Monday night, Politico reporter John Bresnahan tweeted, “Mnuchin has agreed to “significant oversight” over $500B “Exchange Stabilization Fund,” per 3 sources. This is a major issue for Democrats, who called it a “$500 billion slush fund” with no accountability.”

Not intentionally being daft, but not seeing "exchange stabilization" funding in S. 3548.  Is that from a separate bill?

11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

(Edit: the $150B doesn't include the business funds specifically allocated to the airline industry.)

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/23/democrats-slush-fund-republican-rescue-package-143565

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

That's essentially what B-Man said.

Still trying to figure out where this "exchange stabilization fund" language exists in the actual bill.  It must be in there somewhere as both sides are talking about it; but would like to see what it is as it is actually written to understand who, if one side, both, or neither, is being unreasonable about it.

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I'm hoping this is just political posturing and they're going to work it out before it goes that far.

I haven't been as angry over politics as I was last night in years, but now that the sun has come up and it's a new day (and I somehow managed to keep my Twitter account) I'm feeling slightly more confident that the powers that be won't drive us off the cliff.

Hopefully this will just prove to be a failed attempt at a power grab on the way to resolution.

Pelosi's attempt is a glimpse of how an authoritarian government would execute a covert takeover of the economy. Exploit a pandemic, force industry to shut down, then offer them the option of going under or signing over their rights as a condition of a "bail out". If we didn't know how dangerous they were before, we know now.

• Like (+1) 11