XFL players can sign starting today (Mar.23)

1 hour ago, Philo said:

I like Ta'amu and have brought him up once or twice in other threads. I think he is a great option as the third guy for camp and should have a decent chance of pushing Barkley for the job. His play is closer to Allen than it is to Barkley, which seems ideal for your backup QB.

He had a completion percentage of nearly 75% and ran for several hundred yards.  He's only 21, and he will get picked up by somebody.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/xfl/2020/03/22/nfl-free-agency-10-xfl-players-teams-target-pj-walker/2891625001/

Two former Bills on this list.  

2 hours ago, Philo said:

I like Ta'amu and have brought him up once or twice in other threads. I think he is a great option as the third guy for camp and should have a decent chance of pushing Barkley for the job. His play is closer to Allen than it is to Barkley, which seems ideal for your backup QB.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

Winston probably wants starter money.

Walker probably got 1/4 of what Winston is asking for. 

Well....Winston is a starter.  Walker is a backup from the XFL who would play for peanuts.

The irony in this is that NFL, which had little interest in XFL's success, has simply just reached down and taken the few players worth watching...thus further dooming this league.

47 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well....Winston is a starter.  Walker is a backup from the XFL who would play for peanuts.

The irony in this is that NFL, which had little interest in XFL's success, has simply just reached down and taken the few players worth watching...thus further dooming this league.

I think it has a chance, albeit a small one. A guy like Walker maybe doesn’t get a second look if not for XFL. So in that way it served its purpose, to give guys like Walker, Cam Phillips another look. Perhaps Matt Rhule would have signed him regardless because he’s his guy. So next year, who knows? Guys like Davis Webb, back end roster guys maybe get another shot. 

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think it has a chance, albeit a small one. A guy like Walker maybe doesn’t get a second look if not for XFL. So in that way it served its purpose, to give guys like Walker, Cam Phillips another look. Perhaps Matt Rhule would have signed him regardless because he’s his guy. So next year, who knows? Guys like Davis Webb, back end roster guys maybe get another shot. 

It was hemorrhaging viewers weekly in its first season.  If its best players are purged, what would be that league's prospects for getting more viewers next year?

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It was hemorrhaging viewers weekly in its first season.  If its best players are purged, what would be that league's prospects for getting more viewers next year?

I’m simply saying that there will new best players. Guys like Josh Rosen and stuff who can’t a real look in the NFL. Guys from this years draft who don’t make a squad etc or the guys they push off of squads. Every year there will be a new crop of NFL rejects trying to get a look. A spring football league for these kind of guys is a good idea, and as long as the player salaries remain low, I think they can survive. 

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

I’m simply saying that there will new best players. Guys like Josh Rosen and stuff who can’t a real look in the NFL. Guys from this years draft who don’t make a squad etc or the guys they push off of squads. Every year there will be a new crop of NFL rejects trying to get a look. A spring football league for these kind of guys is a good idea, and as long as the player salaries remain low, I think they can survive. 

But fewer and fewer people were willing to buy into the concept of watching pro football rejects get paid to play football on teams they have no allegiance to.  Within 5 weeks, the novelty had worn off.  Early viewers could no longer answer themselves re: "why am I still watching this?".

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

But fewer and fewer people were willing to buy into the concept of watching pro football rejects get paid to play football on teams they have no allegiance to.  Within 5 weeks, the novelty had worn off.  Early viewers could no longer answer themselves re: "why am I still watching this?".

Makes sense. I don’t think McMahon is doing it solely for a profit. McMahon is an ego maniac and I think he can take a certain level of hemorrhaging as he does with WWE at times. I think they have at least next year. But u may be right, they may not make it to the next year. It would have interesting to see what would have happened if they finished this out. 

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

Makes sense. I don’t think McMahon is doing it solely for a profit. McMahon is an ego maniac and I think he can take a certain level of hemorrhaging as he does with WWE at times. I think they have at least next year. But u may be right, they may not make it to the next year. It would have interesting to see what would have happened if they finished this out. 

He is.  There is no chance for profit without a large TV contract.  I wouldn't;t be surprised if networks bailout given the ratings.

• Like (+1) 1