144 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these draft picks would you like the most

• Edwards-Helaire in second round
    • Dobbins in second round with trade up
    • Moss in 3rd round
    • Aikens in 3rd round
    • No running back untill the 4th or later because we have other needs

38 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Thomas was not a great pass blocker.  He WAS great at chipping and then sneaking behind the defensive line and taking a short pass, beating the linebacker and getting a big chunk.  With the 3 good wide receivers and some pass catching from the TE, there will be plenty of room for such plays.

You're referring to Thurman Thomas, yes?

Thurman was indeed great at what you say there. But he was also very good at pass blocking.

Edited by Thurman#1

26 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Swift                 5-8     212     4.48

Taylor               5-10   226    4.39

Edward-H        5-7      209    4.50

Moss                5-9     233    4.65

Dobbins           5-9    210     4.50

Akers               5-10  213     4.47

I could go for Akers, why do most sites consider him a round 2-3 type pick and others a 1 or a 1.2 pick? His highlights look like he has vision and useful speed.  It looks like we could get him with our #54 pick and then use 4th+ picks to move up our 3rd round pick.

Akers' draft stock has probably been hurt by the level of talent or lackthereof around him. Florida State had one of the worst OLines in football and made life a living hell for him. He seems to check a lot of boxes though; good speed and agility, good pass blocker, pretty good production as a receiver though he drops passes at a somewhat alarming rate. He probably dances a bit too much behind the line of scrimmage, but you could also argue he was forced to by the guys blocking in front of him. I think there's some bad habits there that his team will want to break but he has pretty much everything you'd be looking for in a potentially very good RB. If people want to argue that he and Moss deserve to be mentioned with the top 4 RBs in this draft, you won't really get an argument from me personally.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BurpleBull said:

I hope that's not the thinking, Bills should take an impact player regardless of size. 

No need to start acting like we're so dynamic an offense that we can pass on talent for the sake of convention; this draft is loaded with undersized RBs.

Fair enough but they say take 2 guys of equal skill and determination the bigger guy will win 100% of the time so there is that.

He's the same size as Singletary why would yo want 2 backs the same size i would rather go with a veteran back that is a bit bigger to ave the size for the tough yards & the veteran leadership to mentor the younger guys or just bring up the international player Wade from the PS I think he would do fine with one year of learning under his belt ..

17 minutes ago, T master said:

He's the same size as Singletary why would yo want 2 backs the same size i would rather go with a veteran back that is a bit bigger to ave the size for the tough yards & the veteran leadership to mentor the younger guys or just bring up the international player Wade from the PS I think he would do fine with one year of learning under his belt ..

I worry that the Bills will reach for a player such as AJ Dillon just because of his size, passing on a more dynamic, but undersized guy.

Gotta go for talent over size if it's sitting there IMO. 

I like a guy who can catch the ball and make our WR even more effective. But looking at Aiken and how he seems to be undervalued by many draftniks,,,,maybe we can get him at 54 without any tradeups and then add picks to our 3rd round pick to get some guy we really want.  It doesn't hurt that he has a bit more size.  I guess I should look up more stuf to compare Aiken, EH and Dobbins.  Changing my minds.   (both of them)

Cam Akers is a nice prospect and I think it's going to be really close whether he makes it to our pick at #54.  I think it's about 65% chance he'll be gone.

I'm fairly certain Swift and Taylor will go before Akers, and then the next group is a cluster of 3 players:

Edwards Helaire

Cam Akers

JK Dobbins

It's kind of like a soup du jour, what's your preference?  I like both Akers & Edwards Helaire above Dobbins, but I think some teams might prefer Dobbins.  I'm rooting for Dobbins (who I'm not all that high on as a prospect) to go before we pick so there's a greater chance Akers and or Helaire are there @ 54.  

14 hours ago, JinxedBill said:

Is it possible this staff values Yeldon more then the fans do?  I think they are willing to take a back in the draft and if they can’t land one will get a vet on the outside.  

Imo we desperately need another dynamic RB.  Yeldons not scaring anyone.  Singletary is great but I’m not sure he’s a lead back.

Now Dobbins I think is.  

No- as evidenced by Yeldon riding the pine last year

I think the best value would be Joshua Kelley in the 4th. Great receiver out of the backfield and a perfect compliment to Singletary. Saves the 2nd and 3rd pick for edge and wr. Now if by some miracle Jonathan Taylor falls to 54, you run to the streamed podium.....

16 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I think Akers has a shot at 54 as well. I think the Bills value him.

I would prefer Akers if the top 3 guys are gone. Edwards-Helaire is a similar player to Singletary. We need someone with a different style.

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I think the best value would be Joshua Kelley in the 4th. Great receiver out of the backfield and a perfect compliment to Singletary. Saves the 2nd and 3rd pick for edge and wr. Now if by some miracle Jonathan Taylor falls to 54, you run to the streamed podium.....

I disagree with your approach. Beane's approach to the top of the draft has NOT been to go for value in the draft that will give you adequate backups.  He traded up in the first two rounds the last two years to try to get studs.  Allen & Edwards, and Oliver & Ford.  This year he already got Diggs with the first pick.  The depth chart has

Patrick DiMarco
Taiwan Jones*
Devin Singletary
Christian Wade
T.J. Yeldon  at running back.   We need another starting level guy to share the position.  Another stud player to come in.

QB, RB, Kicker, punter are positions that don't come in "twos".  LG can swing to RG.  FS can play SS. CB1 and CB3 can switch.  If Singletary goes down, we can't replace him with a TE.

• Like (+1) 3

On 3/23/2020 at 7:28 AM, Mickey said:

i don't think we can afford to have two RBs on the roster who are next to useless in pass pro and short yardage situations. There are plenty of RBs with a skill set that offsets Devin's weaknesses that we will have a chance to draft. I'd pass on Edwards-Helaire.

The pluses of Edwards-Helaire far outweigh the few plays that DeMarco is not in to block. Remember,  Edwards-Helaire was far more productive for a National Championship team, than Motor playing inferior talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

I trust this FO to pick the best RB. CEH and Akers seem to be the guys they’ve targeted. Don’t expect them to be around in the 3rd round.

I expect one of those guys to be the pick. JK Dobbins too... I think Beane values vision. I think CEH and Akers have better vision compared to Dobbins.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/23/2020 at 1:29 PM, Thurman#1 said:

You're referring to Thurman Thomas, yes?

Thurman was indeed great at what you say there. But he was also very good at pass blocking.

I was comparing him to a blocking fullback or a TE lined up in the backfield. I don't remember him pancaking a DE.