144 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these draft picks would you like the most

• Edwards-Helaire in second round
    • Dobbins in second round with trade up
    • Moss in 3rd round
    • Aikens in 3rd round
    • No running back untill the 4th or later because we have other needs

14 hours ago, RockpileSurvivor said:

Joe Marino and ‘Bruce Nolan’ did a deep dive today into the top rb draft prospects on the LockedonBills podcast.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/locked-on-bills-daily-podcast-on-the-buffalo-bills/id1145479962

Its also on Spotify, Stitcher and perhaps a few others.

Thanks for posting that. I listened to it and took notes. I'll post my notes about what they said and I don't completely agree with all of their talk, I think they are spot on about evaluating the players.   I think the top 2 may be gone before our pick or move up and keep changing who I think we should go after next.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/23/2020 at 8:41 AM, YoloinOhio said:

I assume you meant Akers, not Aikens? I voted for him but think they wait and take a guy like Perine. Perine’s RB Coach at Florida is the brother of the Bills RB coach. I seem to be in the minority especially among the local media that the Bills won’t take a RB 2 early. I think they will wait until 4th or later. I would, anyway. 

Perine I think is undervalued by the media, and will be on of the higher backs selected. Not saying overly high, but I think we could see him snagged up in the late third, early fourth. Sneaky good RB.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/26/2020 at 8:45 PM, RockpileSurvivor said:

Joe Marino and ‘Bruce Nolan’ did a deep dive today into the top rb draft prospects on the LockedonBills podcast.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/locked-on-bills-daily-podcast-on-the-buffalo-bills/id1145479962

Its also on Spotify, Stitcher and perhaps a few others.

cited you as the source  of this podcast in "mock with dobbins in the second"  thanks

• Like (+1) 1

You’re welcome.??

FWIW I was curious about Marino’s scouting report on Motor. So I went back and listened to the ep on 05/01/19, dedicated to breaking down the Singletary pick. Coincidentally Marino had him ranked #74 on his board, right where Buffalo picked him of course.

I believe Marino said Devin was his toughest evaluation of the whole draft class.

• Like (+1) 1

I voted, not till the fourth round, that pretty much guarantees an earlier round pick... ?

Go Bills!!!

2017 first round pick CB, defense

2018 first round pick QB, and ILB Offense and defense.

2019 first round pick DT, defense

2020 first round pick to the Vikings for Diggs.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Beane trade that second round pick #54 and most of the rest of the Buffalo Bills 2020 draft picks 3 #86, 4 #128, 5 #167, 6 #188, 6#207, 7#239 to trade up into the first round for a defensive edge player they really love. That would make it four years, four defensive first round picks. 

RB isn't that great a need because they have Singletary, Christian Wade, TJ Yeldon on the roster. Everyone seems to be overlooking what Wade managed to do in last years preseason. I happen to think he gets an honest shot to become a starter behind Singletary this year. 

Anything can happen and nobody knows what the Bills will do, but I would be a little surprised if Edwards-Helaire was Drafted by the Bills. To me, they want versatility in their RB room and I don't see that when looking at Motor and E.H. 

In the poll I selected "Aikens", although I believe the OP meant Akers because IMHO, Akers in the 3rd is about the right spot for both him to be Drafted and the Bills to take a RB as well as in my mind he does complement Motor better than many of the other RBs. I love Taylor, but he's going in the 1st round or top 2nd to somebody and I'm not as big a fan of Swift as many are. Akers in this poll is a good balance for the Bills Offense and probably around the right value. 

A RB like Edwards-Helaire in the 2nd would be a great pick and really help take this offense to the next level. We need another back to take some pressure off Singletary and when they are in the game ensure not much of a drop off. The gap between Singletary and Gore last year (especially in the second half of the year) was so vast. When Gore was in the game our offense was much more limited and anytime he touched the ball it was essentially a wasted down (he was averaging about a 1.5 ypc in the second half of season).If Gore got a touch we basically played with 2 downs instead of 3 and it killed a lot of drives. Adding fresh legs and a players with EHs ability would be a great help. 

29 minutes ago, racketmaster said:

A RB like Edwards-Helaire in the 2nd would be a great pick and really help take this offense to the next level. We need another back to take some pressure off Singletary and when they are in the game ensure not much of a drop off. The gap between Singletary and Gore last year (especially in the second half of the year) was so vast. When Gore was in the game our offense was much more limited and anytime he touched the ball it was essentially a wasted down (he was averaging about a 1.5 ypc in the second half of season).If Gore got a touch we basically played with 2 downs instead of 3 and it killed a lot of drives. Adding fresh legs and a players with EHs ability would be a great help. 

I looked at footballousiders who did a ranking of 2019 RB's.  Of the top 45, Singletary was #20 and Gore was #44.  I would like our RB to be in the top 10.https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/rb/2019