which RB?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these draft picks would you like the most

• Edwards-Helaire in second round
    • Dobbins in second round with trade up
    • Moss in 3rd round
    • Aikens in 3rd round
    • No running back untill the 4th or later because we have other needs

How many positions do we realistically have available? I am not thinking too many this is the reason I really feel that we will put a package together to move up into the first round to get an impact player.

Edited by ALLEN1QB
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to I think Bills will draft Edwards-Helaire in the second round
1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I say just acquire McCaffrey, solves everything since he's the best at everything

Is he really available? Would definitely trade for him. What would it take?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JinxedBill said:

Is it possible this staff values Yeldon more then the fans do?  I think they are willing to take a back in the draft and if they can’t land one will get a vet on the outside.  

Imo we desperately need another dynamic RB.  Yeldons not scaring anyone.  Singletary is great but I’m not sure he’s a lead back.

Now Dobbins I think is.  

Since Yeldon was inactive most games last season, I’d venture the staff doesn’t value him all that much. 

I did a little research on how many RB's tend to go in the Top 3 Rounds & what I found it's been between 6-8 RB's the last 3 drafts.

This year I expect it to break down as such:

DeAndre Swift (1st)

Jonathan Taylor (1st/2nd)

Clyde Edwards Helaire (2nd)

Cam Akers (2nd)

JK Dobbins (2nd)

Zack Moss (3rd)

Eno Benjamin (3rd)

Darrynton Evans (3rd/4th)

AJ Dillon (3rd/4th)

La'Mical Perine (4th)

Anthony McFarland (4th)

I personally think if Cam Akers is there in the 2nd, when we pick he will be under serious consideration.

I know it's not high on the list for qualities in a RB, but:  check out the throw he makes @1:07, running to his left and thows the ball over 50 yards downfild right on the spot.  That's crazy for a RB.  

Edited by Estro

Any good RBs from the XFL? They can sign with NFL teams today. 

9 minutes ago, Estro said:

I did a little research on how many RB's tend to go in the Top 3 Rounds & what I found it's been between 6-8 RB's the last 3 drafts.

DeAndre Swift (1st)

Cam Akers (2nd)

JK Dobbins (2nd)

Zack Moss (3rd)

Eno Benjamin (3rd)

AJ Dillon (3rd/4th)

La'Mical Perine (4th)

Anthony McFarland (4th)

I personally think if Cam Akers is there in the 2nd, when we pick he will be under serious consideration.

I know it's not high on the list for qualities in a RB, but:  check out the throw he makes @1:07, running to his left and thows the ball over 50 yards downfild right on the spot.  That's crazy for a RB.  

Eno Benjamin looks like a playa. 

I am most intrigued by Antonio Gibson, but he might be the least sure prospect of all the running backs.  I think he has the highest upside.  His body and skill set make him look like the second coming of Saquon Barkley, but his  39 career carries in college (he played more WR than RB) mean that its possible he'll do nothing in the pros.  Best case scenario - he probably still needs time to learn how to block and sharpen his running vision, use of blockers and moves.

3 hours ago, Mickey said:

I'd rather analyze how he did in short yardage situations but the Bills didn't give him the ball in those situations, trusting Josh or Gore to handle them. Besides, not losing yardage is not exactly what you are looking for. In my limited understanding of the game, the goal is to gain yards, not avoid losing them. Devin is awesome at that in many situations but. 4th and 1 guy he is not. Call me crazy but we already have a small, quick guy, why do we need two? Is it so awful to have a guy who can bull over a few defenders? I have more than one kind of knife in the drawer, you want nothing but steak knives?

No.  Just butter knives.  If you buy the right steak, that's all you need.

55 minutes ago, Estro said:

DeAndre Swift (1st)

Cam Akers (2nd)

JK Dobbins (2nd)

Zack Moss (3rd)

Eno Benjamin (3rd)

AJ Dillon (3rd/4th)

La'Mical Perine (4th)

Anthony McFarland (4th)

I agree wholeheartedly.

Akers is the best back in this draft.

He played behind the worst OL in college for 3 years and still managed to produce.

He does everything well and would a great fit in this offense.

But, I think the Bills want Noah Igbinoghene first and foremost, so whomever you guys are projecting for later on in the draft is who the Bills will look at.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I know that when I look at Buffalo’s roster I think to myself: the one thing they’re missing is a 5’7” RB with 4.6 speed that can’t pass protect, but he’s shifty and can slash for yards effectively.

Wait...

Thomas was not a great pass blocker.  He WAS great at chipping and then sneaking behind the defensive line and taking a short pass, beating the linebacker and getting a big chunk.  With the 3 good wide receivers and some pass catching from the TE, there will be plenty of room for such plays.

1 hour ago, Estro said:

DeAndre Swift (1st)

Cam Akers (2nd)

JK Dobbins (2nd)

Zack Moss (3rd)

Eno Benjamin (3rd)

AJ Dillon (3rd/4th)

La'Mical Perine (4th)

Anthony McFarland (4th)

He played some QB in high school. How about that catch(1st highlight)!

I would love:

Akers in the 2nd

Gandy-Golden in the 3rd 

AJ Dillon in the 4th.

Edited by Dopey
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

If Edwards-Helaire is tough like Singletary, then he sounds like a good choice. I was thinking a big back is what the Bills would want, to complement Motor, but if Clyde can break tackles like him, then size may not matter.

Crappy football last name, but Clyde will work.

I guess there are two ways to approach it.  If you have two backs that are similar there are some good things. One good thing is that you can change players during a game and not tip your hand. Another good thing is that if the starter goes down, you don't have to redo you playbook. ... ... A bad thing is that you may lack the big bruiser for goal line plays and short yardage. ... ....  Also remember you can get big bruiser guys from FA or even use a tight end in the backfield.

27 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I agree wholeheartedly.

Akers is the best back in this draft.

He played behind the worst OL in college for 3 years and still managed to produce.

He does everything well and would a great fit in this offense.

But, I think the Bills want Noah Igbinoghene first and foremost, so whomever you guys are projecting for later on in the draft is who the Bills will look at.

Swift                 5-8     212     4.48

Taylor               5-10   226    4.39

Edward-H        5-7      209    4.50

Moss                5-9     233    4.65

Dobbins           5-9    210     4.50

Akers               5-10  213     4.47

I could go for Akers, why do most sites consider him a round 2-3 type pick and others a 1 or a 1.2 pick? His highlights look like he has vision and useful speed.  It looks like we could get him with our #54 pick and then use 4th+ picks to move up our 3rd round pick.

Edited by maryland-bills-fan

We have no depth at RB has some truth. We could certainly use another.

From there to we will draft my guy in the 2nd is a rather desperate stab. Certainly possible. I deeply doubt it myself, though I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them draft someone a bit later.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, pop gun said:

As good as he is, IMO the Bills re not going with two 5'7" guys in their backfield.

I hope that's not the thinking, Bills should take an impact player regardless of size. 

No need to start acting like we're so dynamic an offense that we can pass on talent for the sake of convention; this draft is loaded with undersized RBs.

• Like (+1) 1