144 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these draft picks would you like the most

• Edwards-Helaire in second round
    • Dobbins in second round with trade up
    • Moss in 3rd round
    • Aikens in 3rd round
    • No running back untill the 4th or later because we have other needs

Just now, eball said:

Please remind me of the times Singletary lost yardage as a rusher.

I'd rather analyze how he did in short yardage situations but the Bills didn't give him the ball in those situations, trusting Josh or Gore to handle them. Besides, not losing yardage is not exactly what you are looking for. In my limited understanding of the game, the goal is to gain yards, not avoid losing them. Devin is awesome at that in many situations but. 4th and 1 guy he is not. Call me crazy but we already have a small, quick guy, why do we need two? Is it so awful to have a guy who can bull over a few defenders? I have more than one kind of knife in the drawer, you want nothing but steak knives?

Just now, Mickey said:

I'd rather analyze how he did in short yardage situations but the Bills didn't give him the ball in those situations, trusting Josh or Gore to handle them. Besides, not losing yardage is not exactly what you are looking for. In my limited understanding of the game, the goal is to gain yards, not avoid losing them. Devin is awesome at that in many situations but. 4th and 1 guy he is not. Call me crazy but we already have a small, quick guy, why do we need two? Is it so awful to have a guy who can bull over a few defenders? I have more than one kind of knife in the drawer, you want nothing but steak knives?

What I recall last season is Singletary's uncanny ability to gain extra yardage after contact -- something not many expected from a "small quick guy."  With Gore gone I expect we'll see him get more opportunities.

That said, I completely agree with the need to bring in at least one other RB to complement Motor.

8 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I hate the way the title is worded, btw. Sounds like inside info, but it almost certainly is not.

The whole poll is confusing. I thought he meant Thaddeus Moss in the 3rd. And who is Aikens? I think he means Akers.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I assume you meant Akers, not Aikens? I voted for him but think they wait and take a guy like Perine. Perine’s RB Coach at Florida is the brother of the Bills RB coach. I seem to be in the minority especially among the local media that the Bills won’t take a RB 2 early. I think they will wait until 4th or later. I would, anyway. 

The bolded is very interesting  to me. Thanks for that big time!

Now Dean Kindig is doing a disservice  to Perine comparing him to Bell. Perine weighed 216 at the combine with those numbers. Bell weighed 230 at his combine. That's a big difference  

Edited by DJB

22 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Singletary had 22 carries in situations where we had 0-3 yards to go for a first down/TD. He converted on 15 (68%). Some other notable comparisons:

• Derrick Henry: 62.7%
  • Melvin Gordon: 65.7%
  • Christian McCaffrey: 64.1%
  • Nick Chubb: 50%
  • Ezekiel Elliott: 74.1%
  • Like (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I assume you meant Akers, not Aikens? I voted for him but think they wait and take a guy like Perine. Perine’s RB Coach at Florida is the brother of the Bills RB coach. I seem to be in the minority especially among the local media that the Bills won’t take a RB 2 early. I think they will wait until 4th or later. I would, anyway. 

I'm starting to get intrigued by this Antonio Gibson RB/WR from Memphis. Where is he projected to go? Is he projected to be a RB or a WR in the NFL? Is he a fit for the Bills offense?

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Utah John said:

As a Utah fan, I saw a lot of Zach Moss.  He's an inventive, powerful runner who I think would be a good complement to Singletary.  He is not really fast but he gets through gaps with quickness and power.  I think he'll be a very good NFL back.

I think everyone is sleeping on this guy. Unless one of the top 4 (Swift, Taylor, Dobbins, Edwards-Helaire) drops to the 54th spot which I think is unlikely, we'd be lucky to grab Moss in the 3rd, unfortunately I don't think he lasts that long .  I think he is just as much of the bruiser Dillon is but much, much more explosive. Dillon is definitely a one cut downhill type of back. To me it looks like Moss has more ability to make people miss at the 2nd level and man does he explode through the hole. He looks much faster than what his 40 time reflects. 

Sorry if people got misled by the title- I was just stating the position of what I would like.   If anyone thinks that I have special, insider information, well send me a hundred bucks for some stock tips.

[mod edit: title has been modified at OP's request]

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
indicate edited title

54 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Then he’s good at both if that’s the case, It doesn’t say. PFF had him as the league’s best pass blocking RB at one point toward the end of the season with a 92.1 grade. As far as CEH, pass pro is not a strength. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, jdonley1180 said:

I think everyone is sleeping on this guy. Unless one of the top 4 (Swift, Taylor, Dobbins, Edwards-Helaire) drops to the 54th spot which I think is unlikely, we'd be lucky to grab Moss in the 3rd, unfortunately I don't think he lasts that long .  I think he is just as much of the bruiser Dillon is but much, much more explosive. Dillon is definitely a one cut downhill type of back. To me it looks like Moss has more ability to make people miss at the 2nd level and man does he explode through the hole. He looks much faster than what his 40 time reflects. 

On the flip side, he's PFF's #1 RB, so based on how Bills fans feel about them, I assume we all need to start hating Moss as a prospect.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I'm starting to get intrigued by this Antonio Gibson RB/WR from Memphis. Where is he projected to go? Is he projected to be a RB or a WR in the NFL? Is he a fit for the Bills offense?

I don't think anyone really has a good read on him. We can't even get consensus on what position he is. Some view him as a WR prospect while others view him as a RB. I'm always a bit wary of guys that don't have a natural position. I think he probably has to play as a RB in the NFL; just easier to survive as a RB with raw skills versus being a WR, but it's a pretty massive projection in his case. His natural abilities are pretty evident though; there's some serious potential if he learns how to play football.

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

I don't think anyone really has a good read on him. We can't even get consensus on what position he is. Some view him as a WR prospect while others view him as a RB. I'm always a bit wary of guys that don't have a natural position. I think he probably has to play as a RB in the NFL; just easier to survive as a RB with raw skills versus being a WR, but it's a pretty massive projection in his case. His natural abilities are pretty evident though; there's some serious potential if he learns how to play football.

So Ty Montgomery type? Maybe gets some looks at WR, but finds more career opportunities at RB?