Are the Niners a prime trade up (31st overall) candidate?

njbuff

The Niners do not have a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Do you think there is a match there and who do you think the Bills would target at 31?

On the surface it might make sense if the Bills are targeting someone who they know won't make it to 54.

Thoughts?

Using the Jimmy Johnson trade value chart, that's 240 points of difference, going up from 54 to 31, and that's equivalent to a 3rd round pick. I seriously doubt when they already don't have a 1st that they then give up their third as well, leaving themselves with only one pick in the top 100.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think that the Bills' 2nd and 3rd gets them any higher than pick 10 in round 2.  I also don't expect them to be willing to give up their 3rd to move up.  I could possibly see them trade their 4th to move up in the 3rd (would get them from 22 to about 11 in round 3) or trading up in round 4 giving up their 5th to get from pick 22 to about pick 7 in round 4.

2 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I don't think that the Bills' 2nd and 3rd gets them any higher than pick 10 in round 2.  I also don't expect them to be willing to give up their 3rd to move up.  I could possibly see them trade their 4th to move up in the 3rd (would get them from 22 to about 11 in round 3) or trading up in round 4 giving up their 5th to get from pick 22 to about pick 7 in round 4.

Pretty good analysis on potential draft moves.  Beane has shown a propensity to make his move up in the draft in a couple of steps.  He may use some of his picks in rounds 6 and 7 to move up in round 5 and follow that up with a second move to go up in round 4 using remaining picks from day three.  Given the status of the current roster, I can picture Beane being satisfied having only 4 players drafted this year.  Especially if he was able to move around to get the players that he really wants. 

I highly doubt that we will be moving up especially into the first round. Right now considering the FA acquisitions and Diggs trade we are positioned to take the back of our choice! Rb isn’t as highly prized as it once was unless there is a Saquan Barkley available. Nice job by Beane! We can take either a rb or a developmental wr in the second and the other later! They really took a good look at the wrs and maybe concluded that they value is in the middle rounds? Who knows?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Using the Jimmy Johnson trade value chart, that's 240 points of difference, going up from 54 to 31, and that's equivalent to a 3rd round pick. I seriously doubt when they already don't have a 1st that they then give up their third as well, leaving themselves with only one pick in the top 100.

But you can do something like giving a 2nd and taking back a 4th or 5th rounder, I don't know the right equivalent, there are some ways to play with it.

I think it is a realistic oportunitiy, when you take that 31 or 32 pick you get that extra year, thats why there have been many trades in that area.

3 hours ago, Purplebulldog said:

Enjoy the quiet first night of the draft for us. 

No hoopla for anybody this year.....gonna be a studio draft.  No spectators.....TV will cover, but, remotely I think.  No handshakes from the commish.....awww.