Random thoughts after rewatching the season on Gamepass

I’ve now watched last season twice in as many days on Gamepass.  Just some random thoughts; I’m trying to be a little more incisive in my observations, less obtuse: 

1. Gore killed a lot of drives with negative run plays. I’m not even talking 0 yard plays, there were way too many negative runs and those drives generally ended in punts. I love Gore, but glad to love on.

2. Andre Roberts is amazing. The return game was transformed when he returned (pun) in week 4. 

3. Josh Allen gives receivers more time after the catch. Because he throws with such zip, receivers have about a half second longer to make a move than they would otherwise. Brown and Beasley made the most of that on many 3rd conversions. 

4. I’m excited to see more of TJ Yeldon. He is as sure-handed and savvy a receiving back as I’ve seen. I think he can be a weapon. Reminds me of Ty Montgomery when he was utilized in GB. 

5. The pass rush was way too inconsistent, I can see why the DL was so heavily addressed in free agency. We won’t miss Shaq or J Phillips. Also, Harry Phillips looked promising before the injury.

6. I’m worried about not having Lorenzo Alexander, he made so many heady plays.  AJ Klein might be a brilliant signing as he is a similar, albeit, younger player.  

Edited by Aaronthebaron
  • Like (+1) 13
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Does gamepass  cut the game because it would be impossible to watch a whole season in a day? Also no matter how you did it watching the season twice is very impressive.

Yeldon is a goner and terrible which is why he was on the bench.

1 hour ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Honestly I don't think Brown and Beasley are that great after the catch. Excited to have a guy like Diggs who excels that way

there biggest problem was drops, a lot of drives stopped because of this, knox too.

1 hour ago, Aaronthebaron said:

I’ve now watched last season twice in as many days on Gamepass.  Just some random thoughts; I’m trying to be a little more incisive in my observations, less obtuse: 

1. Gore killed a lot of drives with negative run plays. I’m not even talking 0 yard plays, there were way too many negative runs and those drives generally ended in punts. I love Gore, but glad to love on.

2. Andre Roberts is amazing. The return game was transformed when he returned (pun) in week 4. 

3. Josh Allen gives receivers more time after the catch. Because he throws with such zip, receivers have about a half second longer to make a move than they would otherwise. Brown and Beasley made the most of that on many 3rd conversions. 

4. I’m excited to see more of TJ Yeldon. He is as sure-handed and savvy a receiving back as I’ve seen. I think he can be a weapon. Reminds me of Ty Montgomery when he was utilized in GB. 

5. The pass rush was way too inconsistent, I can see why the DL was so heavily addressed in free agency. We won’t miss Shaq or J Phillips. Also, Harry Phillips looked promising before the injury.

6. I’m worried about not having Lorenzo Alexander, he made so many heady plays.  AJ Klein might be a brilliant signing as he is a similar, albeit, younger player.  

Have you seen Thurmanator or Marshall Faulk ?

Allen and Singletary  need to cover up the ball with two hands when going down.

Allen especially needs to acknowledge that the NFL knows he can be separated from the ball from behind, because he doesn't protect well enough.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Does gamepass  cut the game because it would be impossible to watch a whole season in a day? Also no matter how you did it watching the season twice is very impressive.

GamePass (or international GamePass for me) has a mode called "Game in 40' ".  So you can watch all the offensive plays in around 20 mins. It's too disorienting for me, personally. I never use it. Too little time between plays.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Does gamepass  cut the game

Yea they offer 40 minute condensed versions of every game. Basically just play after play cuts out all the stuff in between. That is how I manage to watch pretty much every game each week. My commute is almost exactly 40 minutes. Which allows me to fit in 10 games a week. Then if I watch 2 games live on the Sunday and TNF live that is 13 games watched. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Aaronthebaron said:

image.thumb.png.f6d2cbba977760ce9505385e2df0f83c.png

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I just find it interesting how much josh takes crap as a passer the. Guys like brown and bease have NEVER been confused with number one guys and year one with josh Allen they have career years

any wait to see what Allen does with diggs

Some will label Allen "inaccurate" for as long as he is in the NFL...it doesn't matter what he does.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

GamePass (or international GamePass for me) has a mode called "Game in 40' ".  So you can watch all the offensive plays in around 20 mins. It's too disorienting for me, personally. I never use it. Too little time between plays.

What I get is a condensed version. Some action is missed but pretty much the key plays are all there. The full version is still the best watch though.

1 hour ago, NextYear'sTheOne said:

I thought I read on here that gamepass is free now but when I looked it was still trying to get me to pay. 

Does anyone have any guidance they can offer? 

Thank you in advance. 

Go through the sign up as if you’re purchasing a subscription, when it gets to the pay screen, the amount says $0. It doesn’t ask you for a CC# either. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Yeldon is a goner and terrible which is why he was on the bench.

there biggest problem was drops, a lot of drives stopped because of this, knox too.

If he was gone am sure we would have cut him asap kinda like we didn't let McKenzie go when was evident that we were replacing him with Diggs. 

On 3/23/2020 at 4:39 AM, sherpa said:

Allen and Singletary  need to cover up the ball with two hands when going down.

Allen especially needs to acknowledge that the NFL knows he can be separated from the ball from behind, because he doesn't protect well enough.

It's something you work on outside of the season imo.  You can't break habits like that midseason - practices are for installing gameplans etc.  He just needs to learn to hold the ball against his chest.