Demarcus Robinson Free Agent WR - KC

PIZ

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He’s pretty average as far as speed goes.  Maybe below average for his size/weight.  What does he bring to the table that Robert Foster does not?  I honestly do not know.  If we’re to sign a mid-level FA WR I kinda prefer the Higgins kid from Cleveland.

Hands, plays, and touchdowns.

• Like (+1) 1

The FA wide receivers still out there will generally be average at best. The questions are now: (1) What particular traits to do they have that will enhance the Bills pass game? Or, (2) do they see the potential for development in a year or two to be a top tier guy? ..... I still see Robert Foster positively answering those questions. Rob was probably not as good as we want to remember in year one, and probably not as bad in year two as it seemed. I seem to recall, he was not a regular starter at Alabama? He is still developing. And, he has that one quality that you can't teach, elite speed. I think he can and will develop, and I think the Bills brass are still counting on that; thus, unless they can get one of these other guys on a cheap prove-it deal, don't expect any more WR signings.

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

The FA wide receivers still out there will generally be average at best. The questions are now: (1) What particular traits to do they have that will enhance the Bills pass game? Or, (2) do they see the potential for development in a year or two to be a top tier guy? ..... I still see Robert Foster positively answering those questions. Rob was probably not as good as we want to remember in year one, and probably not as bad in year two as it seemed. I seem to recall, he was not a regular starter at Alabama? He is still developing. And, he has that one quality that you can't teach, elite speed. I think he can and will develop, and I think the Bills brass are still counting on that; thus, unless they can get one of these other guys on a cheap prove-it deal, don't expect any more WR signings.

I think you're correct on this.  I also believe that Foster played a good part of the season with a couple of nagging injuries.  Training camp and preseason should tell the story on Foster.  If the Bills draft a speedy WR on day two of the draft, we'll know that Foster will be in a competition to be the 4th receiver.  Even if he loses that competition, he may be able to stick with the team because of special teams.  I don't believe that Beane will spend any more money on a veteran free agent WR.

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure the fascination with signing more receivers. As of now they’re pretty good, and you have to expect they’ll take a stab in the draft at some point if they see value. No rush to sign anyone now. Unless they decided behind closed doors this is Allen’s year to takeover and throw 40-50 times a game we have more weapons than we have targets to go around. Not a bad thing at all someone should be able to step up and get hot and takeover their matchup every game. Can’t cover what we already have someone is gonna be open. 
I don’t think Mcdermott is going to all of a sudden turn into Andy Reid and have a dominant pass team that still dominates when winning by 10. He will slow it down and run. We are still going to have a monster focus on running the ball. Our style of football won’t be mimicking the saints or chiefs or any of these high powered pass offenses. Just my opinion of course. 

• Like (+1) 1

We're highly likely to draft a WR in rounds 2-4, who will likely be the WR4. Any FA we brought in would be fighting for the WR4 spot at best. I don't see us adding any more WRs, other than the draft.

31 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

This^ Last season made it clear that Foster doesn’t bring anything to the table. 

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Don’t tell @Doc that. He’s relying on him again this year.?

Not sure how it’s even comparable. Foster had 3 RECEPTIONS last season. 3.

The second half of his rookie season does.  He's also valuable as a gunner.

If the presumption is that they will keep 6 WRs:

• We know the top 3 spots are set (Diggs, Brown, Beasley)
  • 1 will be for PR/KR Andre Roberts

That leaves 2 spots:

• They will likely draft at least 1, my guess would be one in rounds 2-4 and then 1 more in rounds 5-7
  • The one from rounds 2-4 takes spot #5
  • Foster, Williams, low round draft pick and possibly a low $ deal free agent pickup battle for spot #6. Oh yeah and Ray Ray too. 

If the top 3 stay healthy, then they will play 90+% of the snaps so it becomes a who cares situation. The other thing that I think lends credence to this analysis is that they didn't make a qualifying offer to McKenzie, they have let him walk and may offer the vet minimum to compete if no one else takes him. Beane has mentioned how deep the WR class is so that is a strong indication that he will take at least 1, also his multi-year strategic bent will lead him to looking for a replacement as Brown and Beasley get to the end of their contracts. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, CSBill said:

I still do have hopes for foster too.   Liked his lightning in a bottle in the last few games when he was healthy.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I still do have hopes for foster too.   Liked his lightning in a bottle in the last few games when he was healthy.  

He also plays (gunner) on ST's, something Duke does not and jeopardizes his roster spot, especially if the Bills sign/draft a guy with his size.

• Like (+1) 1