Will COVID19 Impact the 2020 Season?

Will COVID19 Impact the 2020 Season?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Will COVID19 Impact the 2020 Season?

• No
    • I think they will CXL it
    • I think they will delay it

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

If you look at China, they’ve only had like 40 new cases in the last 3 days, it’s really slowing down over there. Lots of countries like Germany and the USA are doing a good job for the most part. New York is the biggest problem but by n large it’s slowing down. Underdeveloped countries will suffer the most casualties. Developed countries may lose a few thousand, underdeveloped countries will suffer 5 or 6 times more.

Chinese numbers are complete fabrications. I read that a Japanese media member interviewed a Chinese doctor who said that they reported no new cases a couple days ago simply because they are no longer testing those with symptoms

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

A vaccine might not be available to everyone soon but maybe in the next month or so....enough supply to the ones over 65?

Nope. That’s not how vaccines work. MONTHS of testing must be done before a vaccine becomes “available” to anyone. At least 12-18 months away, period.

20 minutes ago, arcane said:

Chinese numbers are complete fabrications. I read that a Japanese media member interviewed a Chinese doctor who said that they reported no new cases a couple days ago simply because they are no longer testing those with symptoms

That’s a solid point. Wish I would have thought of that.

7 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

I would advise if you contract the virus to avoid chloroquine at all costs and see how you fare. Since you would rather be a comic than talk about real solutions. So have at it Mr. smarty pants, will you agree to forgo the use of this drug if it is made available to you?

Hi, Mr. smarty pants here-

Meatloaf, this is a serious virus that will ultimately kill thousands if not millions of people. It will kill intelligent as well as ignorant people. Misinformation, ignorance and rumors will add to the death toll.  Please  know that chloroquine is well known to the medical community, ANY evidence of efficacy is anecdotal at best, and there are reports of chloroquine overdosing causing people to be hospitalized.  The mark of an intelligent person is they try to know when they are out of their depth. The mark of  unintelligent person is they think they know what they are talking about when they have no clue.   The mark of an idiot is that they listen to the  latter.   Please, stay healthy

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Hope that you are correct. My suspicion is that the entire season will be canceled.

Imagine if Obama did such a thing......

Imagine what fox would be doing to him if he did the same stuff as Trump.  

don’t watch the news.  They all are completely biased.  It’s pathetic and both left and right media play a huge part in dividing this country.  I can’t believe how mad people get about politics in this country.  We have 2 choices and they both normally suck.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

That’s a solid point. Wish I would have thought of that.

I generally agree with your belief that things are going to go in the right direction sooner than people are worrrying about in the throes of this thing. 

Reading through Texas's estimates for the city of Dallas under various levels of quarantine, and those general "flatten the curve" graphs, often the time scale of the rush on hospitals we are trying to avoid is 7-10 weeks. As more of the country implements quarantine measures, my guess is that this soon-to-be overwhelming wave of coronavirus won't last longer than that, and I don't think that it, in a vacuum, would threaten the NFL season (though it could push things back a bit). This is assuming that our scientists keep busting their balls the way they have been - modern technology WILL eventually solve this thing, and we will get promising developments sooner as well as later. 

It is open-ended whether or not we will see second/third waves of overwhelming hospitals, which is the kind of thing that would lead to the many months/couple year long issues that people worry about. These things aren't a given, as from my understanding it is possible to go back to normal while still keeping the curve flat by being vigilant in the face of new cases (ie, anyone who has a fever or feels crappy MUST stay home and isolate and receive testing as soon as possible) 

I am no expert, this is just the way I see it from the things I've read and could be wildly wrong

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

Hi, Mr. smarty pants here-

Meatloaf, this is a serious virus that will ultimately kill thousands if not millions of people. It will kill intelligent as well as ignorant people. Misinformation, ignorance and rumors will add to the death toll.  Please  know that chloroquine is well known to the medical community, ANY evidence of efficacy is anecdotal at best, and there are reports of chloroquine overdosing causing people to be hospitalized.  The mark of an intelligent person is they try to know when they are out of their depth. The mark of  unintelligent person is they think they know what they are talking about when they have no clue.   The mark of an idiot is that they listen to the  latter.   Please, stay healthy

My favorite quote.

Image result for correct a wise man quote

• Like (+1) 1