Rumor:Miami Dolphins reportedly will give 3 first round picks to the Bengals in exchange for their 1st overall pick for Burrow.

On 3/23/2020 at 2:45 PM, MassHog said:

Come on dude.... the kid is a stud. He can make every throw. He had possibly the best single quarterbacking season in the history of college football against the best defenses in the NCAA. 

I think Burrow is a good QB prospect but not a true blue chip number one QB prospect in my mind. IF this version of Burrow came out in the 2018 draft where would he be drafted? I don't see him going over Darnold and Baker. If Miami were offering me 5, 18, 26, and a 2021 1st along with some mid-round selections in 2020 and 2021 I would seriously consider it if I were Cincy. For one you put yourself in a great position for the 2021 Lawrence draft by having Miami's first round pick in your back pocket and you get a chance to fundamentally build a more sound roster by having 6 picks in the top 107 as well as more mid-round picks to trade up or add more. 

Cincy's roster is completely in need of an overhaul and having picks 5, 18, 26, 33, 65, and 107 would be a good place to start building back up their roster in a more complete way. They would also have two first round picks in 2021 which gives them a lot of flexibility to move up and get a QB in 2021. I can see Cincy making that trade if they think Burrow isn't a truly elite QB prospect or he really doesn't want to go there. 

Edited by billsfan89

22 hours ago, cba fan said:

Chad lived in a glass ceiling house?

Chad had multiple arm/shoulder/muscle injuries and lost even more power so lead to this benching......

Yeah, I don't know why people use Chad Pennington as an example. At his best he was the poor man's Peyton Manning. Well, the homeless man's Peyton Manning. But still ... he had his moments, weak arm/destroyed shoulder an all. A perfectly healthy Chad Pennington would've had a pretty damn good career.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

FWIW I've had a source for quite some time that tells me Fitz wants out of Miami. It's my first source ever so take it with a grain of salt - former Bills player. I'll give it up if Fitz is gone from South Beach before the season starts.

Hopefully we could trade Barkley for Fitz straight up...?

30 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

FWIW I've had a source for quite some time that tells me Fitz wants out of Miami. It's my first source ever so take it with a grain of salt - former Bills player. I'll give it up if Fitz is gone from South Beach before the season starts.

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Hopefully we could trade Barkley for Fitz straight up...?

I would not mind Fitz back in Buffalo as a backup...other than him inevitably starting. :doh: Ask your source if he liked it here. I mean, the Bills paid him his best contract.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

35 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

I would say bring him back and cut barkley but I’m way too afraid of the Fitz cycle 

5 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I think Burrow is a good QB prospect but not a true blue chip number one QB prospect in my mind. IF this version of Burrow came out in the 2018 draft where would he be drafted? I don't see him going over Darnold and Baker. If Miami were offering me 5, 18, 26, and a 2021 1st along with some mid-round selections in 2020 and 2021 I would seriously consider it if I were Cincy. For one you put yourself in a great position for the 2021 Lawrence draft by having Miami's first round pick in your back pocket and you get a chance to fundamentally build a more sound roster by having 6 picks in the top 107 as well as more mid-round picks to trade up or add more. 

Cincy's roster is completely in need of an overhaul and having picks 5, 18, 26, 33, 65, and 107 would be a good place to start building back up their roster in a more complete way. They would also have two first round picks in 2021 which gives them a lot of flexibility to move up and get a QB in 2021. I can see Cincy making that trade if they think Burrow isn't a truly elite QB prospect or he really doesn't want to go there. 

Hot take alert? I think Burrow definitely it goes #1 that year. Interestingly Mayfield had a similar draft ascension his senior year but was smaller, less mobile, won fewer games and displayed a bunch of douchebaggery. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hot take alert? I think Burrow definitely it goes #1 that year. Interestingly Mayfield had a similar draft ascension his senior year but was smaller, less mobile, won fewer games and displayed a bunch of douchebaggery. 

I fully agree.

Where do you think a healthy Tua would have gone in that draft?

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know personally,  just going by what the draft guys are saying about their Burrow grades. 

I think it's crazy the love fest he is getting. He was barely on the draft radar as a top 5 round QB last year

His meteoric rise is uncanny and crazy

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Nobody knows, I was asking for your opinion. ?

Healthy Tua? If Burrow is in the same draft I think he would go 2. If no Burrow, then probably 1. I wasn’t a huge proponent of “Darnold at 1” and I think Mayfield only went first because the Browns were at 1 and were enamored with him. Darnold, like Allen was too much of a project to go #1

23 minutes ago, KRT88 said:

If they are willing to give that up, I’d ask for a lot more.

ask for a 1st next year and 4th in both the year and next year. 

6 picks for 1. 

See if they'll toss in the pressure gauge the Patriots use to check air pressure in the footballs, and you've got yourself a deal, Pilgrim.

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know personally,  just going by what the draft guys are saying about their Burrow grades. 

Interesting to see this this morning. Thanks to billsfan89's question, I spent some time going through past drafts last night and had determined basically the same thing.

Being in the heart of SEC country, I was lucky enough to be able to see almost all of LSUs games last year.

I havent seen a performance in college football like that since Tebow (who, regardless of his NFL days, will always be one of the top college football players of all time). The main difference being that Burrow is also a prototypical NFL passer, and was making money throws all season. He put up over 5000yds and 60 TDs against SEC defenses (this isnt the Big 12 we're talking about).

Giving him the 2019 season, Burrow was the top prospect in every draft all the way back to 2012 with Luck. And even then, Luck never had a single season as a dominant pure passer like Burrow just had. 2019 Burrow basically doubled Luck's best seasons.

But looking at past drafts, 2019 Burrow definitely goes ahead of Murray. He'd be ahead of Darnold and Mayfield, both of which were drafted more on potential than anything they did in college (imo). Definitely ahead of Trubisky. Ahead of Goff and Wentz. Ahead of Winston. I wont even bother with the QBs of 2014 and 2013. And that gets us to Luck.

I may even dare to say he's a better prospect than Luck. Or at least equal for different reasons. Lot more tape on Luck, but Luck put up less numbers, took way more hits, and never even came close to winning a Championship, let alone a playoff tourny Championship.

Folks can say he only did it one year, but he was buried behind a guy who now owns 25 passing records at Ohio St. so not really his fault he couldnt win a chance there. And his first season at LSU was hampered by LSU's old school run-first Offense. The moment they brought in Joe Brady, and turn Burrow loose, they were set to make history.

And if you want to go past 2012, I'd venture to say he would have gone before Cam in 2011 (and I'm a big Cam fan), and before Bradford in 2010. So yeah, best QB prospect in over a decade.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Healthy Tua? If Burrow is in the same draft I think he would go 2. If no Burrow, then probably 1. I wasn’t a huge proponent of “Darnold at 1” and I think Mayfield only went first because the Browns were at 1 and were enamored with him. Darnold, like Allen was too much of a project to go #1

I thought that Darnold was the best prospect, followed by Allen. That said, I think a healthy Tua would have been picked first in that draft.

If Burrow AND Tua were in that draft, I would expect them to be the first 2 selected. With Cleveland picking first I think that Burrow would have went first.

• Like (+1) 1