Rumor:Miami Dolphins reportedly will give 3 first round picks to the Bengals in exchange for their 1st overall pick for Burrow.

That’s ridiculous, I wouldn’t give 3 first round picks for burrows unless I knew for certain that he was the second coming. To give up that much they better hope and be certain that Burrows is the second coming of Marino lol. I think Burrows will be good but idk if he’s gonna be that good. 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Like (+1) 1

For one, it's definitely Burrow. Not Burrows. And for two, do you have a link, or any form of validation for this? 

As for the rumor itself, that would be pretty dumb, but I would probably be okay with it. I can root for him to be a bust as much as anyone else. :P

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NeverOutNick said:

Where’s the link?

It’s on bleacher report when you type Miami Dolphins, 

Just now, whatdrought said:

For one, it's definitely Burrow. Not Burrows. And for two, do you have a link, or any form of validation for this? 

As for the rumor itself, that would be pretty dumb, but I would probably be okay with it. I can root for him to be a bust as much as anyone else. :P

It’s on bleacher report

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, section122 said:

I checked reddit who would be all over this if true and I see no mention of it anywhere

It’s on bleacher, there’s an exec that was talking about how much of a mistake it would be for Miami to give that much up for Burrow. Plus it’s known that the dolphins are working on a blockbuster trade for the draft, Ross openly said he wants Burrow and doesn’t want Tua because of injury concerns 

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Didn’t know Chad Pennington even had a ceiling lol. Another QB draft bust from the Jets lol

Pennington has very respectable play. Very accurate and threw a nice ball with anticipation. He had one of the weaker arms in the nfl, but the injuries did him in more than anything. 

• Like (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

It’s on bleacher, there’s an exec that was talking about how much of a mistake it would be for Miami to give that much up for Burrow. Plus it’s known that the dolphins are working on a blockbuster trade for the draft, Ross openly said he wants Burrow and doesn’t want Tua because of injury concerns 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2882393-joe-burrow-rumors-exec-says-dolphins-trading-3-firsts-to-bengals-is-too-much

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, GETTOTHE50 said:

Pennington has very respectable play. Very accurate and threw a nice ball with anticipation. He had one of the weaker arms in the nfl, but the injuries did him in more than anything. 

Yeah I remember he was injury proned but I remember him getting benched several times with the jets before they dumped him in favor of Favre 

5, 18 & 26.  Yeah.  I do that if I’m the Phins.  It doesn’t matter what else they need or get if they don’t have their QB.   Get the best one.  Burrow is by far the best QB prospect in this draft.  He’s very accurate and he’s seasoned.  He had ice water in his veins in the college playoffs and was the difference in the championship game. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

According to the BR article, Jim Nagy said: "if Miami were to offer 3 1st rd picks, the Bengals should make that deal". It doesn't say thats what the rumor is or that Miami will do that.

They do hold 3 1st rd picks for sure, but they're not saying thats what the rumor is. Just that they're looking to move up & IF they offered all 3 then Cinci should take it.

Thats a bit different than "Miami is rumored to be offering 3 1st rd picks"

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2882393-joe-burrow-rumors-exec-says-dolphins-trading-3-firsts-to-bengals-is-too-much

Edited by brianthomas
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1