Rumor:Miami Dolphins reportedly will give 3 first round picks to the Bengals in exchange for their 1st overall pick for Burrow.

16 minutes ago, foreboding said:

If hes a legit franchise qb, it's worth it, as you really cannot succeed without one. Of course we wont know that for 2 to 3 years, at least. Kid seems to have "it" though. Prefer him not on AFCE. Depends entirely on how the bengals feel.

I’d rather Tua stay out of the AFCE. I hope the Dolphins take Herbert or the Chargers trade ahead of them . 

On 3/22/2020 at 5:15 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Didn’t know Chad Pennington even had a ceiling lol. Another QB draft bust from the Jets lol

Not sure I consider Pennington a bust.  

And I don't want the Dolphins getting Burrow!

Edited by NickelCity

Burrow to me is Sam Bradford, without the injuries, who put up massive numbers on a stacked team. Burrow has skills obviously, but if i’m the Bengals I totally do that deal. I think Burrow has a high floor and I think he will be good. I’m just not sure if he’s going to be much better than Dalton-Bradford type of career.

If I’m Cincy I take Miami’s top two picks and their first next year. 

On 3/22/2020 at 8:11 PM, whatdrought said:

For one, it's definitely Burrow. Not Burrows. And for two, do you have a link, or any form of validation for this? 

As for the rumor itself, that would be pretty dumb, but I would probably be okay with it. I can root for him to be a bust as much as anyone else. :P

Well for three first round picks, it had better be Burrows. They can draft him twice and have one as a backup

16 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think it's crazy the love fest he is getting. He was barely on the draft radar as a top 5 round QB last year

His meteoric rise is uncanny and crazy

All he did was have the greatest year in college history. That usually merits some love

In a way, I’d almost prefer them to do this, vs. landing Tua with their original 1st and getting to use the other 2 first rounders on 2 other (potentially) good players.

At least if this happens they’re putting all their eggs in one basket.

20 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

All he did was have the greatest year in college history. That usually merits some love

There are dozens and dozens of college superstars with great seasons who never did Jack squat in the pros

He was the oldest person on the field every time he stepped on it he should have dominated

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

In a way, I’d almost prefer them to do this, vs. landing Tua with their original 1st and getting to use the other 2 first rounders on 2 other (potentially) good players.

At least if this happens they’re putting all their eggs in one basket.

Cincy better get a number one pick in 2021 from Miami in this deal. Pick 1 for 5, 18, and 26 along with mid round picks isn't good enough value. If I were Cincy I would in a heartbeat take picks 5, 18, and 26 along with Miami or Houston's 2021 1st and Miami's 5th in 2020. 

I think Burrow is more of a Sam Bradford type QB, low ceiling high floor type QB. In a lot of drafts like 2018 he wouldn't be the top pick. If you can get 3 premium selections plus pocket a future 1st and get a mid-round pick or two tossed for a good but not great QB prospect I would take it. Cincy should just avoid drafting a QB and set their sights on building a more complete roster with that boat load of picks. And having an extra first in 2021 gets you another ticket at drafting Trevor Lawrence. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

There are dozens and dozens of college superstars with great seasons who never did Jack squat in the pros

He was the oldest person on the field every time he stepped on it he should have dominated

What you said is true. But it runs both ways. There are hundreds of college studs who were pro duds as well as many college studs who were pro duds.

But can you tell me of 1 college QB with the greatest season in history, playing in the hardest conference, who won the championship who shouldn't be shown love? Doesn't exist.

We wasn't throwing for Washington St, but LSU in the SEC.

16 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

What you said is true. But it runs both ways. There are hundreds of college studs who were pro duds as well as many college studs who were pro duds.

But can you tell me of 1 college QB with the greatest season in history, playing in the hardest conference, who won the championship who shouldn't be shown love? Doesn't exist.

We wasn't throwing for Washington St, but LSU in the SEC.

In a honest to God down year in the SEC. Saban had his worst defense since his first year there

Burrow has good qualities and should come in day 1 and start. But he is not the next coming and has some questions marks

Trevor Lawrence would 100% go over him if available this season and Just Fields probably would too

Edited by Buffalo716

37 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He dominated because of his age? Oh jeez. You done gone mad!!!!!

He fits the build of a modern day QB, some mobility, quick reads and accurate. I see people saying he could be like Dalton? It’s just as likely he is closer to Brees. The league is built for guys like JB. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CommonCents said:

He dominated because of his age? Oh jeez. You done gone mad!!!!!

He fits the build of a modern day QB, some mobility, quick reads and accurate. I see people saying he could be like Dalton? It’s just as likely he is closer to Brees. The league is built for guys like JB. 

It's certainly is a reason. Being 23 playing 18-22 year olds is easier than being 18 playing 22 year olds

When he was an underclassmen he wasn't a top prospect. That shows he doesn't have the potential as a Luck or Generational QB. Who played above his year...burrow didn't do that

And yes imo he is alot closer to a Andy Dalton than a Andrew Luck or Drew Brees. He wouldn't even be drafted ahead of Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

It's certainly is a reason. Being 23 playing 18-22 year olds is easier than being 18 playing 22 year olds

When he was an underclassmen he wasn't a top prospect. That shows he doesn't have the potential as a Luck or Generational QB. Who played above his year...burrow didn't do that

And yes imo he is alot closer to a Andy Dalton than a Andrew Luck or Drew Brees. He wouldn't even be drafted ahead of Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields

Wouldn’t be drafted ahead of Trevor Lawrence, that covers just about everyone. Come on. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, CommonCents said:

Wouldn’t be drafted ahead of Trevor Lawrence, that covers just about everyone. Come on. 

I don't think he would be drafted ahead of Fields either , Sam Darnold would probably go ahead of him. Browns took Baker over Darnold

He is a good prospect but not nearly the best or close to best QB prospect I've seen in my lifetime around the game

He is Josh Allens age and Allen just played 2 years in the league. Allen just had 30 NFL TDs, he could very well have 60 in college

I think Burrow is good not elite

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I don't think he would be drafted ahead of Fields either , Sam Darnold would probably go ahead of him. Browns took Baker over Darnold

He is a good prospect but not nearly the best or close to best QB prospect I've seen in my lifetime around the game

He is Josh Allens age and Allen just played 2 years in the league. Allen just had 30 NFL TDs, he could very well have 60 in college

I love Allen, comparing Allen and Burrow as passers in an honest moment!? Youch.

Life is painful enough right now, let’s table this one. The only similarities between Burrow and Dalton is that stooopid look they have on their faces. 

3 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I love Allen, comparing Allen and Burrow as passers in an honest moment!? Youch.

Life is painful enough right now, let’s table this one. The only similarities between Burrow and Dalton is that stooopid look they have on their faces. 

I think Allen will have a better career than Burrow. Burrow is more polished but Allen makes throws he can never make and will never make

Burrow will have a problem with throws outside the numbers in the NFL , real NFL throws

Watch , I'm not coming off my opinion and he will prove to not live up to the hype

He isn't anything special and he throws alot of floaters that work in college not the pros

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Burrow just turned 23 whereas Allen is about to turn 24 in May. Your point is valid but it isn't like they are the same age exactly.

Just now, billsfan89 said:

Burrow just turned 23 whereas Allen is about to turn 24 in May. Your point is valid but it isn't like they are the same age exactly.

My point is one is Killing college , the other just had 30 NFL TDs

If people don't think maturity and experience in college are critical they are crazy

Joe Burrow left Ohio State because he WASNT STARTING over Dwayne Haskins

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/28/2020 at 8:02 PM, Buffalo716 said:

He can't make every NFL throw . His deep outs and comebacks wobbled in college and even nose dived way more than you'd like

He won't be completing big time throws outside the hashes with ease in the NFL

More than you'd like?

The guy threw at a 76.3% completion percentage. Clearly he is making the throws