Rumor:Miami Dolphins reportedly will give 3 first round picks to the Bengals in exchange for their 1st overall pick for Burrow.

20 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

By far, the greatest season a college QB has ever had. It wasn’t just a “good” season.

I would do the deal if I were Miami. If I’m the Bengals, I decline though. You don’t get a shot at Burrow in most drafts. He has “it.” 

he is, the second coming. the phish better not get him.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think he's a day 1 starter but he isn't a generational QB. Not even close

Being a 5th year senior and the oldest guy on the field is huge. Compare that to a guy like trevor Lawrence who won a National championship as the youngest on the Field

If Lawrence or Justin Fields were draft eligible both would go over Burrow hands down

Lawrence would have got selected round 1 out of HS .  He's the generational prospect

You aren't wrong - but theres no guarantee lawrence is yours next year.  It's just suuuch an important position.  You can figure some of the other stuff out as you go along.  

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

His ceiling is a little higher than Chad Pennington’s imo 

Come on dude.... the kid is a stud. He can make every throw. He had possibly the best single quarterbacking season in the history of college football against the best defenses in the NCAA. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s not a guy that I want to have to play in big games for 15 years. He’s also a guy that I really, really like. I don’t want to have to hate him either.

There are three or four qbs that will be selected in the first round. It seems that the majority of analysts have Burrow at one, Tua as the second ranking qb with Herbert being the third ranked qb. Do you know which one will have the best career? It won't necessarily be the highest rated qb entering the draft. It will be the qb with the best supporting cast and wise coaching staff that maximizes the talents of the qb respectively selected. As you astutely pointed out Burrow didn't excel in college until the Tiger program modernized its primitive offense with a more sophisticated passing attack designed by a smart coordinator who was brought in to take over the offense.  I never understood why such a premier program at LSU with an overload of NFL talent squandered its potential with such an antiquated approach to the offense and qb position.  

With respect to the Bills the point that I am highlighting here is that the McBeane regime was smart in directing its attention to upgrading the OL (which was done mostly in free agency last year) and upgrading the receiver corps with the addition of Diggs this offseason and the receivers added last year. This emphasis on upgrading the staffing around the qb was done to put their qb investment in the best situation to succeed. Unless the teams selecting this year's upper tier qb prospects follow the same prescription they will be wasting a golden opportunity. 

• Like (+1) 3

On 3/23/2020 at 5:45 PM, MassHog said:

Come on dude.... the kid is a stud. He can make every throw. He had possibly the best single quarterbacking season in the history of college football against the best defenses in the NCAA. 

He can't make every NFL throw . His deep outs and comebacks wobbled in college and even nose dived way more than you'd like

He won't be completing big time throws outside the hashes with ease in the NFL

• Haha (+1) 1

Id ask for a little more if I were Cinci...

daenerys-targaryen-meme-1556127294.png?c

On 3/23/2020 at 2:45 PM, MassHog said:

Dont worry... Most posters here have no clue what they are talking about and post just to feel smart. 

Edited by Paulus

I think if a trade were to materialize it’d have to be after Burrow was drafted. Maybe the Bengals covet Tua or Herbert but there is no guarantee that either of them’ll be there at 5. Washington may take one, the Chargers could trade up, lots of things can happen before that 5th pick. We may see a player swap plus picks after the fact ala Rivers and Manning but the Bengals would be fools to do anything now. No guarantee they get one if they do.

On 3/22/2020 at 7:15 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Didn’t know Chad Pennington even had a ceiling lol. Another QB draft bust from the Jets lol

Chad lived in a glass ceiling house?

On 3/22/2020 at 7:18 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Yeah I remember he was injury proned but I remember him getting benched several times with the jets before they dumped him in favor of Favre 

Chad had multiple arm/shoulder/muscle injuries and lost even more power so lead to this benching......

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 8:29 PM, hjnick said:

I think I'd do that for Trevor Lawrence next year... IMO, that dude is the second coming.... ;)

Your post is a bit vague, as if you want the Bills to trade for him. That's OK too, we are all entitled to opinions.

I would agree with you on the premise that Lawrence is clearly superior to Burrow. It doesn't make me right of course. I'm the guy who thought Rob Johnson would be a great quarterback.

9 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Your post is a bit vague, as if you want the Bills to trade for him. That's OK too, we are all entitled to opinions.

I would agree with you on the premise that Lawrence is clearly superior to Burrow. It doesn't make me right of course. I'm the guy who thought Rob Johnson would be a great quarterback.

You are not the only one who thought that Rob Johnson would be our long term franchise qb. If you break down his physical attributes he checks all the boxes. What he couldn't do is overcome his stubbornness to hold the ball too long and unwillingness to throw the ball away and live for the next play. Because of his reluctance to tactically yield the play he took an unmerciful beating. And it was mostly his fault! If he would have had the moxie of Flutie I do believe he would have been a very good qb. Most players who come from coaching families have an understanding of the intricacies of the game and the game within the game. He lacked that mental dexterity on the field to adjust.  Sometimes being stubborn is what makes one a success; and sometimes being stubborn is what makes one be a failure. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You are not the only one who thought that Rob Johnson would be our long term franchise qb. If you break down his physical attributes he checks all the boxes. What he couldn't do is overcome his stubbornness to hold the ball too long and unwillingness to throw the ball away and live for the next play. Because of his reluctance to tactically yield the play he took an unmerciful beating. And it was mostly his fault! If he would have had the moxie of Flutie I do believe he would have been a very good qb. Most players who come from coaching families have an understanding of the intricacies of the game and the game within the game. He lacked that mental dexterity on the field to adjust.  Sometimes being stubborn is what makes one a success; and sometimes being stubborn is what makes one be a failure. 

This, and he was not instinctive.

People forget that he was 6'4"', very fast, had great arm, and perhaps his greatest skill was his accuracy. It took me at least 2 years to see what was right before my eyes. 

I was at Lot 1/Pole 5 tailgating with Lori, Badol and his crew and a host of others. We were talking about RJ and I was still trying to figure out the problem. A great guy named Bob Lamb said to me "Bill, he sucks." That is when it started sinking in lol!!!

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

This, and he was not instinctive.

People forget that he was 6'4"', very fast, had great arm, and perhaps his greatest skill was his accuracy. It took me at least 2 years to see what was right before my eyes. 

I was at Lot 1/Pole 5 tailgating with Lori, Badol and his crew and a host of others. We were talking about RJ and I was still trying to figure out the problem. A great guy named Bob Lamb said to me "Bill, he sucks." That is when it started sinking in lol!!!

J.P. Losman had the same debilitating mental traits not related to his fulsome physical talents. After watching games for a long time I have come to the realization that it doesn't take long to recognize whether a qb prospect has it or not. As you seem to suggest "trust your eyes" and don't get swayed by your heart. You either have that vision and feel for the game or you don't. No amount of coaching can instill that essential talent that is required in the pro game. 

Tom Brady is the best possessor of these instinctive traits. And I do believe that Tua also has it although we won't know for sure until he gets on the field.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Smitty75 said:

I don’t think that they will accept this trade, even if it’s look tempting on the paper. ?

Cincy need a franchise QB and Burrow has the potential to become one.

Yeah I can see why the fish would make this trade. It's the same reason why the bengals wouldn't (and won't). 

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Well, it was just a throw away comment where I would give 3 #1 picks for Trevor, but I wouldn't for Burrow.  Now, I think Burrow is going to be good, but from a Miami perspective, you got Tua and Herbert that are also very good and will probably be there at their pick (or at least one of them will).

Trevor, IMO, is more of a Elway, Peyton, or Luck type of QB coming out of college.  He looks like one of those top echelon QB talents that do not come along very often.  So whoever gets the #1 pick NEXT year, is going to be a very lucky franchise, IMO.

As of this moment, NO, I'm very happy with Josh Allen and we can / will win with him, so I would not try to go after Trevor next year.  NOW, hypothetical (which I don't think will happen), IF Josh Allen really regressed and did not look good this year AND we ended with a terrible record which gives us a Top 5 pick...Yes, I think you seriously need to think about drafting Trevor.  

Trevor in 2 years in college has only been to 2 national championship games, won 1 of them (as a true freshman), and has only LOST 1 game in his college career...