Rumor:Miami Dolphins reportedly will give 3 first round picks to the Bengals in exchange for their 1st overall pick for Burrow.

3 Things about this rumor:

1. The Bengals aren't trading the pick.  

2. Why the hell did the Dolphins choose to play Fitz and actually win games??? If they had played Rosen the #1 pick was likely theirs.  How dumb to tank and not even do it correctly.

3. Joe Burrow is the real deal & I want him no where near the AFC East, so I'm thankful for pts. 1 & 2 above

• Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

They might. Green is rumored to want out of Cincinnati, they lost some good free agents plus Burrow was seen liking the Miami Dolphins tweet. And Burrow was rumored to have said that he doesn’t want to play for the bengals and would pull an John Elway/ Eli Manning if drafted by them. Although that’s just a rumor idk if that’s true

Well to be fair ditka stupidly gave up everything for a RB that didn’t want to play for New Orleans lol

Want to bet it won’t happen?

32 minutes ago, Estro said:

2. Why the hell did the Dolphins choose to play Fitz and actually win games??? If they had played Rosen the #1 pick was likely theirs.  How dumb to tank and not even do it correctly.

3. Joe Burrow is the real deal & I want him no where near the AFC East, so I'm thankful for pts. 1 & 2 above

All about that culture baby!  

Also Rosen is regarded as an All-Pro around these parts!

4 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

5, 18 & 26.  Yeah.  I do that if I’m the Phins.  It doesn’t matter what else they need or get if they don’t have their QB.   Get the best one.  Burrow is by far the best QB prospect in this draft.  He’s very accurate and he’s seasoned.  He had ice water in his veins in the college playoffs and was the difference in the championship game. 

Tim Tebow was a great college quarterback who won championships. Just saying.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

By far, the greatest season a college QB has ever had. It wasn’t just a “good” season.

I would do the deal if I were Miami. If I’m the Bengals, I decline though. You don’t get a shot at Burrow in most drafts. He has “it.” 

I don't see Burrow as better than Tua if both are healthy.  From the outside, the issue with the Bengals taking a deal like this is their operation.  Could they maximize those picks?  From the inside, do they want to pay three first round picks 4-5 years from now?  I don't think they would take the deal for that reason alone.  

6 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

That’s ridiculous, I wouldn’t give 3 first round picks for burrows unless I knew for certain that he was the second coming. To give up that much they better hope and be certain that Burrows is the second coming of Marino lol. I think Burrows will be good but idk if he’s gonna be that good. 

Hope it happens from an intriguing aspect. Burrows was great lets see how he does in the NFL. I believe we will be a better team so not concerned who there QB is.

6 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

This we a rumor awhile ago. If anyone would give up the rights to the best QB prospect since Luck it would be Mike Brown.

Right, guy is an idiot. Wonder what they would do at QB??

6 hours ago, brianthomas said:

According to the BR article, Jim Nagy said: "if Miami were to offer 3 1st rd picks, the Bengals should make that deal". It doesn't say thats what the rumor is or that Miami will do that.

They do hold 3 1st rd picks for sure, but they're not saying thats what the rumor is. Just that they're looking to move up & IF they offered all 3 then Cinci should take it.

Thats a bit different than "Miami is rumored to be offering 3 1st rd picks"

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2882393-joe-burrow-rumors-exec-says-dolphins-trading-3-firsts-to-bengals-is-too-much

if they could get Herbert that wouldn't be a bad trade, but its the Bengals so whoever they draft is destined for mediocrity.

6 hours ago, MJS said:

They'd better hope he isn't the 2nd coming of Marino. Marino couldn't win a Superbowl.

I hope he is ? 

4 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If I’m the Bengals I try to trade down for a haul like this, if not I just take Chase Young. I actually don’t like Burrow. I mean the dude threw 60 touchdowns, unbelievable. But just something about his game I don’t love. I just don’t think he’s going to be great in the pros. Ironically, I think its a very Andy Dalton-ish career. I’d just take Young and role with Andy. 

We would have cleaned up with that deal two years ago , trade back and get Allen and 5 first round picks, that would have been the best thing ever for this franchise.

3 hours ago, Estro said:

yeah super stupid to try and win, obviously that was because of Flores but if management was smart they would have gotten rid of Fitz one way or another. Im glad they didn't though, im not afraid of Burrow but id rather he not go to the fins.

7 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Didn’t know Chad Pennington even had a ceiling lol. Another QB draft bust from the Jets lol

If Pennington hadn't been injured, we'd have been speaking of him in hushed tones. The guy was terrific. Look up his 2002 season and compare it to other QBs that year.

Tore his rotator cuff twice, though, and was never again able to throw the ball with enough zip to be more than fairly effective.

From a "What if Pennington had never gotten hurt" article:  "The numbers partially describe how great Pennington was before he got hurt. Before that fateful game in Buffalo, he had completed 65.7% of passes in his career. He had 49 touchdowns against 22 interceptions. He had a 94.7 rating. And his team had won 19 of his 30 starts. He was averaging 7.3 yards per attempt in a span where that put you in the top five in the league. When Pennington got hurt in 2004, he was completing 68.2% of his passes with 8 touchdowns, 2 interceptions, and a 99.1 rating. The Jets were 6-1 at the time. The numbers do not tell the whole story, however. It wasn't just about them.

"Everybody remembers how the Patriots won three of four Super Bowls from 2001 to 2004. Not many remember what happened the one year in that stretch when they did not go all the way. The Jets came to Foxborough Week 16. The Pats, Jets, and Dolphins were in a tight race for the AFC East title. A Patriots win would have eliminated the Jets and left New England in control of its own destiny. A Jets win kept Gang Green alive and put New England in deep trouble.

"Pennington lit up Bill Belichick's defense that night to the tune of 22 for 33 for 286 yards, 3 touchdowns, and no interceptions. Tom Brady was 19 for 37 with 133 yards, 1 touchdown, and 1 interception. In the middle of the Patriots dynasty, Pennington went up to Foxborough in a huge spot, outplayed Brady, and carried the Jets to a win.

The next week, Pennington threw 4 touchdown passes as the Jets routed a Brett Favre led Packers team playing for the top seed in the NFC 42-17. This won the AFC East for the Jets. In the first round of the Playoffs, Pennington hit 19 of 25 for 222 yards and 3 more touchdowns as the Jets blew out Peyton Manning's Colts 41-0 before the dream season ended the next week in Oakland.

"When Pennington returned from his first injury in 2004, he took the Jets on the road in the first round and hit 22 of 33 for 279 yards and 2 touchdowns as the Jets registered an overtime upset win against the Chargers. A week later against the Steelers, Pennington and the Jets took over the ball on their own 24 with the game tied 17-17 and 6:00 to go. The crowd in Pittsburgh was going nuts. Facing the number one defense in the NFL and a 15-1 team, Pennington hit passes for 22 and 17 yards to get the Jets into field goal range. Doug Brien missed the kick and then another as the Jets lost in overtime.

"Far from being the limited guy with a ceiling, Pennington was a top statistical quarterback building a clutch big game resume. He looked like a guy headed for greatness."

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2013/3/27/4154264/new-york-jets-what-if-wednesday-what-if-chad-pennington-hadnt-gotten

Feel free to disagree, it's a fan article, but there really is very good reason to believe Pennington would have been exceptional if not injured.

I've always felt this way, but until this article, I hadn't remembered that even after the second operation he was second in league MVP voting in 2008 in Miami. I knew that was a good year but I didn't remember it was that good. He was going to be a player if the rotator cuff hadn't gone.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 7

7 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Rumor:Miami Dolphins reportedly will give 3 first round picks to the Bengals in exchange for their 1st overall pick for Burrow.

Not sure I buy that rumor, but if you love Burrow and you don't believe in Tagovailoa and you aren't getting Burrow for less, it might be a good idea. Not sure all those ifs are reasonable, but it's interesting anyway.

Especially since they have three 1sts this year it's more reasonable. Make that trade and you then will have a first next year to start putting talent around your guy.

Edited by Thurman#1

4 hours ago, Estro said:

Question on 3. How can you be so sure? First round QBs bust at a pretty good clip. Before last season Burrows wasn’t even in the discussion for first overall. It isn’t like this is a Trevor Lawrence type prospect. He hit a flash in the pan year at the right time. He may or may not become something good. There is no such thing as a sure thing when it comes to QB prospects in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1

Miami needs those picks to rebuild , especially the OL . Look how Rosen did behind it ,  but Fitz had the long experience to deal with it.

Bengals would be crazy to pass on Burrow , this is a rare opportunity for them.

Edited by ALF

I don’t see them giving all three 1sts as they have so many holes.  I know they still have a around $35,000,000 and picked up a SS, and Lawson.  I can see them adding a couple of role players.  They probably will go after Tua if he does well in his physical in his hometown.  When you have that many needs and three picks to grab serious talent, why not roll with Tua, and let him heal while Fitz holds down the fort in the beginning of the season whenever that starts.

I can see them improving faster than the Jets.  Gase is a cancer.  As far as this Bleacher report article, it was also discussed on NFLR yesterday.

6 hours ago, ColeB said:

Tim Tebow was a great college quarterback who won championships. Just saying.  

Wow.  Do Burrow and Tebow look remotely like the same kind of player to you?  It’s not a litmus test, it’s a box that gets checked or not.  Burrow checks that one.  And just to clarify what that box is, it’s not the championship.  It’s how he reacted to being on the biggest possible stage.  At, what?  22 or 23 years old.