Rumor:Miami Dolphins reportedly will give 3 first round picks to the Bengals in exchange for their 1st overall pick for Burrow.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

For one, it's definitely Burrow. Not Burrows. And for two, do you have a link, or any form of validation for this? 

As for the rumor itself, that would be pretty dumb, but I would probably be okay with it. I can root for him to be a bust as much as anyone else. :P

People can’t even spell Mahomes correctly yet.  Give them a few years to figure out Burrow.

• Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I don't buy it.  Chris Grier and Brian Flores are not that stupid and they know they need those picks for other positions.

While I agree with this, the Dolphins owner is stupid and could force the situation. Like what happened with the Skins and Dwayne Haskins last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

5, 18 & 26.  Yeah.  I do that if I’m the Phins.  It doesn’t matter what else they need or get if they don’t have their QB.   Get the best one.  Burrow is by far the best QB prospect in this draft.  He’s very accurate and he’s seasoned.  He had ice water in his veins in the college playoffs and was the difference in the championship game. 

I’m a fan of his, but he’s also going to turn 24 next season.  The last 2 MVPs were younger when they won the award than Burrow is today.  What would Lamar Jackson or Pat Mahomes have looked like playing QB for LSU this season?  I’m guessing pretty good.  He’s a great prospect, but he’s not a slam dunk.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

While I agree with this, the Dolphins owner is stupid and could force the situation. Like what happened with the Skins and Dwayne Haskins last year. 

Lets not forget Haskins is why Burrow transfered in the first place.  If im Cincy I trade out build a foundation.  Have a dumpster fire at Qb in 2020 and put myself in position for Lawrence in 21.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Billl said:

I’m a fan of his, but he’s also going to turn 24 next season.  The last 2 MVPs were younger when they won the award than Burrow is today.  What would Lamar Jackson or Pat Mahomes have looked like playing QB for LSU this season?  I’m guessing pretty good.  He’s a great prospect, but he’s not a slam dunk.

Neither are any of the 3 picks the Bungles could, well, bungle.

• Thank you (+1) 2

If I’m the Bengals I try to trade down for a haul like this, if not I just take Chase Young. I actually don’t like Burrow. I mean the dude threw 60 touchdowns, unbelievable. But just something about his game I don’t love. I just don’t think he’s going to be great in the pros. Ironically, I think its a very Andy Dalton-ish career. I’d just take Young and role with Andy. 

23 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Ross is kind of an odd duck, but I don't think he's Dan Snyder bad.  Snyder has forced multiple disasters, Ross doesn't have that kind of track record...as far as I know.

4 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

While not a superstar, Pennington was far from a bust

No he was definitely a bust to me. He got benched a multiple times while with the jets and was kicked to the curb in 08. He fell into a good situation in Miami cause he had Ricky and Ronnie and the wild cat

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I’ll believe that when I see him in an NFL uniform playing a down on an NFL field. I still say it’s a bad move unless you know for certain that he’s gonna be Dan Marino 2.0 

He shattered every college football record playing, arguably, the toughest schedule a college team has ever played. He wasn’t playing in the MAC. Texas, Florida, Alabama, UGA, Auburn, Oklahoma and Clemson were all ranked in the top 10 when LSU beat them. That’s 7 top 10 wins!! When we question how talent will translate we shouldn’t be questioning a National Champion from the SEC West. They literally ONLY play NFL caliber players.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Unfortunately, the Bengel's organization under Mike Brown will never have "it",  so I can see a trade happening...

I don’t disagree. If a stable organization had the number 1 pick the Dolphins wouldn’t even call.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

But he’s only had 1 good season, that quite a lot of picks to give up on a kid with only 1 good year on his belt

We gave up our 1st round and two high  2nd round picks to get Josh Allen.   If you truly believe in a player,'s ceiling you go for it.  

28 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

No he was definitely a bust to me. He got benched a multiple times while with the jets and was kicked to the curb in 08. He fell into a good situation in Miami cause he had Ricky and Ronnie and the wild cat

Jamarcus russel = bust.  A quarterback who lasted 11 years would not be defined as a bust. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Knowing Cincy they probably will take it.  

But most teams would turn it down if they A. had an obvious need for a QB and B. thought a prospect was a strong solution.

If you need a QB, you don’t kick the cab down the road (unless you are Buddy Nic and Doug Whaley), you get your QB.  Anyone who tells you otherwise is foolish.

Would Indianapolis trade 3 first round picks for Andrew Luck in 2012?  Hell no!

Also, Cincinnati tagged AJ Green to keep Burrow happy.  They won’t take the deal.  I’ll bet you anything 

Agree entirely. If Cincy is convinced that Burrow is THE guy, then they take him. If Cincy takes that deal, great, they have three first round picks, but they don’t have the consensus best player at the most important position in sports. You take Burrow and don’t look back. 

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He shattered every college football record playing, arguably, the toughest schedule a college team has ever played. He wasn’t playing in the MAC. Texas, Florida, Alabama, UGA, Auburn, Oklahoma and Clemson were all ranked in the top 10 when LSU beat them. That’s 7 top 10 wins!! When we question how talent will translate we shouldn’t be questioning a National Champion from the SEC West. They literally ONLY play NFL caliber players.

I don’t disagree. If a stable organization had the number 1 pick the Dolphins wouldn’t even call.

I doubt that the Bengals have any interest in trading the #1 pick to any team regardless what the bounty in return will be. And I believe it is inevitable that the Bengals are going to deal Dalton for a medium pick with the expectation that Burrow will be the starting qb. If that is the case then I doubt that Tua or Herbert would be acceptable options to play right away.

The worst mistake for any team to make with the first pick is to over think the situation. If the Bengals have done their due diligence and concluded that Burrow is their best qb option for the next decade then they should simply make the selection and not screw around. I say the same thing with the Redskins. If they believe that Chase Young is a Von Miller type of dynamo defensive player then take him at the two spot.

Attached is a 3 minute link with Tod Shay giving his thoughts on the qb issue and this draft. 

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Todd+McShay+Mock+Draft+2018&&view=detail&mid=6AE0065934CC7FCDABE46AE0065934CC7FCDABE4&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3DTodd%2BMcShay%2BMock%2BDraft%2B2018%26FORM%3DVDMHRS

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

5, 18 & 26.  Yeah.  I do that if I’m the Phins.  It doesn’t matter what else they need or get if they don’t have their QB.   Get the best one.  Burrow is by far the best QB prospect in this draft.  He’s very accurate and he’s seasoned.  He had ice water in his veins in the college playoffs and was the difference in the championship game. 

I agree with this and don’t understand why other don’t how many years did the bills have a defense and running game and end up 7.9 if you no his your qb I would give up 3 first rounds in a heart beat because 5 years from now win your playing for the playoffs every year who cares. Qb is everything us bills fans should no that by now

• Thank you (+1) 1

If they are really sold on their QB, you sacrifice picks. Even if it looks like over-paying. It’s the most important position in sports. I’ll just sit here and hope they get It wrong.  :)