Rumor:Miami Dolphins reportedly will give 3 first round picks to the Bengals in exchange for their 1st overall pick for Burrow.

9 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

5, 18 & 26.  Yeah.  I do that if I’m the Phins.  It doesn’t matter what else they need or get if they don’t have their QB.   Get the best one.  Burrow is by far the best QB prospect in this draft.  He’s very accurate and he’s seasoned.  He had ice water in his veins in the college playoffs and was the difference in the championship game. 

But he’s only had 1 good season, that quite a lot of picks to give up on a kid with only 1 good year on his belt

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

According to the BR article, Jim Nagy said: "if Miami were to offer 3 1st rd picks, the Bengals should make that deal". It doesn't say thats what the rumor is or that Miami will do that.

They do hold 3 1st rd picks for sure, but they're not saying thats what the rumor is. Just that they're looking to move up & IF they offered all 3 then Cinci should take it.

Thats a bit different than "Miami is rumored to be offering 3 1st rd picks"

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2882393-joe-burrow-rumors-exec-says-dolphins-trading-3-firsts-to-bengals-is-too-much

Do think this is a bit reminiscent of the 2004 situation. The Giants had Eli #1 and Ben #2. But the Chargers had Eli #1 and Rivers #2 so the Giants took Rivers to enable them to trade with the Chargers. 

I don't expect that sort of thing this time but if Miami moves up to take Burrow #1 I am convinced Cincy would go Herbert at #5 with Tua probably landing at #6 with the Chargers. So which team ends up with Burrow affects who the 2nd QB off the board is just as which team ended up with Eli affected the order of Ben and Phil in 2004. 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

But he’s only had 1 good season, that quite a lot of picks to give up on a kid with only 1 good year on his belt

By far, the greatest season a college QB has ever had. It wasn’t just a “good” season.

I would do the deal if I were Miami. If I’m the Bengals, I decline though. You don’t get a shot at Burrow in most drafts. He has “it.” 

• Like (+1) 2

Knowing Cincy they probably will take it.  

But most teams would turn it down if they A. had an obvious need for a QB and B. thought a prospect was a strong solution.

If you need a QB, you don’t kick the cab down the road (unless you are Buddy Nic and Doug Whaley), you get your QB.  Anyone who tells you otherwise is foolish.

Would Indianapolis trade 3 first round picks for Andrew Luck in 2012?  Hell no!

Also, Cincinnati tagged AJ Green to keep Burrow happy.  They won’t take the deal.  I’ll bet you anything 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

By far, the greatest season a college QB has ever had. It wasn’t just a “good” season.

I would do the deal if I were Miami. If I’m the Bengals, I decline though. You don’t get a shot at Burrow in most drafts. He has “it.” 

I’ll believe that when I see him in an NFL uniform playing a down on an NFL field. I still say it’s a bad move unless you know for certain that he’s gonna be Dan Marino 2.0 

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Knowing Cincy they probably will take it.  

But most teams would turn it down if they A. had an obvious need for a QB and B. thought a prospect was a strong solution.

If you need a QB, you don’t kick the cab down the road (unless you are Buddy Nic and Doug Whaley), you get your QB.  Anyone who tells you otherwise is foolish.

Would Indianapolis trade 3 first round picks for Andrew Luck in 2012?  Hell no!

Also, Cincinnati tagged AJ Green to keep Burrow happy.  They won’t take the deal.  I’ll bet you anything 

They might. Green is rumored to want out of Cincinnati, they lost some good free agents plus Burrow was seen liking the Miami Dolphins tweet. And Burrow was rumored to have said that he doesn’t want to play for the bengals and would pull an John Elway/ Eli Manning if drafted by them. Although that’s just a rumor idk if that’s true

1 minute ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The Fish are channeling Mike Ditka........

Well to be fair ditka stupidly gave up everything for a RB that didn’t want to play for New Orleans lol

30 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

It’s on bleacher, there’s an exec that was talking about how much of a mistake it would be for Miami to give that much up for Burrow. Plus it’s known that the dolphins are working on a blockbuster trade for the draft, Ross openly said he wants Burrow and doesn’t want Tua because of injury concerns 

source.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

5, 18 & 26.  Yeah.  I do that if I’m the Phins.  It doesn’t matter what else they need or get if they don’t have their QB.   Get the best one.  Burrow is by far the best QB prospect in this draft.  He’s very accurate and he’s seasoned.  He had ice water in his veins in the college playoffs and was the difference in the championship game. 

yup. 

kid understands the game- frequently breaking down what he saw on film vs on the field (and their adjustments) in post game interviews still on the field... has the physical tools too.

hes not a guarantee but he’s a guy I’d take my swing with. And a pair of mid/late firsts is not crippling.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You don’t get a shot at Burrow in most drafts. He has “it.” 

Unfortunately, the Bengel's organization under Mike Brown will never have "it",  so I can see a trade happening...

Edited by Lurker