Draft: RB Prospect Opinions

Darrynton Evans from App State should also be on the Bills radar.

I know highlights don't tell the entire story, but there is undoubtedly an NFL RB in there. 

La'Mical Perine should be another on the Bills radar.

Lots of good RB prospects for the Bills to choose from and it wouldn't surprise to see the Bills draft two of them.

Edited by njbuff

Remember that

1.  this may be our year and we need a second very good back, not a fill in.
  2. I think there are 5 worthy backs who could push Singletary for a start.  Taylor,,,....Swift....Dobbins,,,...,,Edwards-Helaire    and Aken.   I think we could get one of them at #54,
  3.  Beane  probably has his list of what he wants, and maybe one that he doesn't want.  He might move up from our 2nd round pick to get his guy.
  4. Remember that we had TThomas and Kennith Davis in the Jim Kelly days.  He was a good player in his own rights.

"...Considered a potential first-round draft pick in the 1986 NFL Draft by Mel Kiper and Gil Brandt,[1] Davis decided to join the NFL one year early after his suspension from TCU. However, he was denied as he had already played one game that year; under the "Red Grange Rule", players a......

.....With the Bills, Davis proved to be a superb complement to star running back Thurman Thomas, and a great asset to the team overall. In 1990, he rushed for 302 yards on just 64 carries (a 4.7 yards per carry average), caught 9 passes for 78 yards, and scored 5 touchdowns, assisting his team to Super Bowl XXV, where they lost to the New York Giants. In the game, Davis rushed for 4 yards and caught 2 passes for 23 yards. The following season, he rushed for 624 yards, caught 20 passes for 118 yards, returned 4 kickoffs for 73 yards, and assisted Buffalo to their second consecutive Super Bowl appearance.......In 1992, Davis had the best season of his career. He rushed for 613 yards, caught 15 passes for 80 yards, returned 14 kickoffs for 251 yards, and scored a career-high 6 touchdowns. But he is best remembered for his superb performance in the post season. In Buffalo's wild card game against the Houston Oilers, Thomas was knocked out of the game early with a hip injury, and Houston built up a 28–3 first half lead. Then, they increased it to 35–3 early in the third quarter when backup quarterback Frank Reich's pass was intercepted and returned for a touchdown. But in what became known as The Comeback, Buffalo stormed back and won the game 41–38 in overtime; the rally from the 32-point deficit[8] was the largest comeback in NFL history. Davis was instrumental in the Bills victory, rushing for 68 yards, catching 2 passes for 25 yards, and scoring the first touchdown of the game for Buffalo.....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Davis_(American_football)

There is a place for another superior RB on Buffalo's roster.  I bet he will get more touches of the football than a the rookie 12th DE  or 10th WR , which is what else we might draft at #54

(note to younger Bills fans.  Sorry to bring up all this old history, but you might not know the Bills were in the super bowl a couple of times)

Edited by maryland-bills-fan
  • Like (+1) 2

After getting Motor last year at pick 74 I have a lot of faith that they can get another great back in the third round if they wanted to :)

They still might draft a WR depending on who is there in rnd 2.

Edited by JMF2006
rnd 2