Draft: RB Prospect Opinions

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

I still like LSU rb Clyde Edwards-Helaire the best. 

im with you, id take him over anybody. Runs hard , is elusive , explosive and great hands, the only thing he lacks elite top end speed but so do most backs.

42 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Do we keep yeldon

Hopefully with the coming upgrades he wont be in the discussion.

I know this is a bit of a sleeper pick but Antonio Gibson - Really like him as a late rounder - Also I swear I read somewhere that the Bills looked into him(can't find it now though).

I wanted to add this video - guy looks like he could be used everywhere. If we are doing BPA with our picks - I'd use a round 4-6 on this guy. He looks a LOT faster than 4.58

Edited by Rk_Bills86
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I lean towards RB as the pick at 54. If that’s the case I think potentially, all of the RBs are in play. If not I like Akers or Evans. 

Gotta agree Kirby, and I am usually the last guy who wants to take a RB high in a draft. 
I think if Clyde Is there I would pick him at 54. The offense with him and Singletary sharing plays would be dynamic. The offense would lose nothing if Singletary or Clyde was in there. 

• Like (+1) 1

Even though he blew up the combine I think there is strong chance at Taylor being available at 54.  With the  incredible amount of usage at Wisconsin I think that will scare teams away.  At 54 im ok with him because he will share the load with Singletary and he is on a reasonable rookie deal.  He is the most produuctive and most athletic running back in the class.  I think Buffalo runs to the podium and may even trade up for him in rd 2.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

I know this is a bit of a sleeper pick but Antonio Gibson - Really like him as a late rounder - Also I swear I read somewhere that the Bills looked into him(can't find it now though).

I wanted to add this video - guy looks like he could be used everywhere. If we are doing BPA with our picks - I'd use a round 4-6 on this guy. He looks a LOT faster than 4.58

Holy crap umn yes?

• Like (+1) 1

This is what I feel like TJ Yeldon was supposed to be for us. I also Like that he chooses being being power/look for more. Not shown in this video is his games against Houston and Cinci where he had to make the choice and you could tell he was fully aware of where the first down marker was. Also.... if you search some of his highlights - my god this man has ups - I love JA but this guy will get anything that sails high.

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Even though he blew up the combine I think there is strong chance at Taylor being available at 54.  With the  incredible amount of usage at Wisconsin I think that will scare teams away.  At 54 im ok with him because he will share the load with Singletary and he is on a reasonable rookie deal.  He is the most produuctive and most athletic running back in the class.  I think Buffalo runs to the podium and may even trade up for him in rd 2.

I can't see Taylor falling to us, but I'd be all for it.  He's a threat to take it to the house every time & never missed a game.  I'm not concerned about the heavy usage.  If you're re-signing your RB after his rookie contract runs out, you're probably doing it wrong. 

I like Dillon, Perine, Moss, and Akers probably in that order. Started a thread about AJ Dillon a few weeks back, think he can be a game changer for us. 

Hoping we can trade up into the third round as we did last year. Would allow us to get our WR4, RB2, and CB2 on Day 2. Bring me Claypool, Bryce Hall, and Dillon and I’ll be ecstatic. 

1 hour ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

His time at the combine is listed a 4.39 in the 40.  https://www.nfl.com/prospects/antonio-gibson?id=32194749-4241-5285-a215-d633ff9a6f70

He looks faster than 4.58 because he is - by a lot.

Edited by TigerJ

3 hours ago, DJB said:

Good research! 

For me I have Akers in the top 4 and CEH as my #5 but it's not a huge difference. 

Dillon after that 5 is my favorite back

Hes potentially the next D Henry if he starts running more angry. 

It’s not necessarily a matter of running angry. Henry has better vision and pace. He varies his speed just enough to set up angles then goes full bore once he has a line. He runs like FredEx on hulk serum. Dillon doesn’t have the same patience and ability to press the line or exceptional vision. If he did he’d probably be an early 2nd round pick. It’s a trait that can improve with experience behind a better line though. 

I love Z Moss tape. He runs angry like Marshawn and runs guys over. He had a poor 40 at the combine but "maybe" improved on it?

Hes probably still a round 4 guy. But a guy we could use to close out games. 

I like Moss a lot. Great all around power back that can be used in the passing game as well. He’d be a nice complement to Singletary. 

I really like L Perine and J Kelly. Neither look like they have high end potential but both could be Jordan Howard Howard types. Just solid backups. 

Perine has the vision and pace I mentioned above with regards to Henry/Dillon. Perine just doesn’t have any physically elite traits which is why he’s going later in the draft. If he ends up on a team with a good Oline though... Could be the “where the heck” did this kid come from rookie. North South runner that presses the line, finds an angle quickly, and goes. 

D Evan's is so quick. We saw R Mostert carve out a role in San Fran so no reason this dude maybe cant do the same. At worst hes a speedy 3rd down guy. 

McFarland is an interesting guy. He profiles similar to Singletary.  A smaller guy  but elusive. Does show nice hands. Seems to me more like a 3ed down guy again. 

Lots of RB talent in the draft and I really hope we grab one of these guys. 

The downside of Antonio Gibson (mentioned in some earlier posts) is that he was rather lightly used as a runner.  He was in a lot more plays as a receiver.  He's going to be rather raw as an NFL runner, especially at things like blocking and blitz pick up.  As such, he's a late round flier type that you bring in and give a light load while you teach him how to be an NFL running back.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DFT said:

2 things I’m extremely sure about when it comes to AJ Dillon...

#1 his lower center of gravity stands a good chance of making him much more consistent than most “big backs”

#2 if he stole a potato off of my plate at Golden Corral, I probably wouldn’t try to get it back.  

Hunting for Kiper's job, obviously

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

Love Gibson, think he's going to be dangerous weapon at the next level. I'd take one of the top 4 at #54 and still take Gibson in the 5th or so.

• Like (+1) 1