Sign in to follow this  
mead107

New worries for Democrats.

4 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Go to any estate sale where the person was over the age of 75.  I think that the old rotary that came with the house is in a box down in the basement.  

So you are admitting that the Chinese are ruled by dictators?

I’m in the process of buying a  house from the estate of a lady who lived behind my office. 80+, a sweet person but with no family and a house full of stuff.  Most definitely hoarder-esque, and while I did not see the rotary phone in there bet I’ll find one during clean out.  There is most definitely an old GE appliance in the basement, 40s era, and more newspapers piled up from long gone era(s). I swear there was a newspaper with Joe Namath in the fold out. 

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Him lying low for a while....

He's Biden his time? 

• Haha (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’m in the process of buying a  house from the estate of a lady who lived behind my office. 80+, a sweet person but with no family and a house full of stuff.  Most definitely hoarder-esque, and while I did not see the rotary phone in there bet I’ll find one during clean out.  There is most definitely an old GE appliance in the basement, 40s era, and more newspapers piled up from long gone era(s). I swear there was a newspaper with Joe Namath in the fold out. 

If you haven't made a point of it look through the newspapers (at least the front page) for interesting happenings. You might also ask a estate sales person to browse through. You never know, she might have a Babe Ruth rookie card or some antique toy worth a small fortune.

17 minutes ago, Azalin said:

That cost was actually imposed by the collective PUCs and likely the FCC as well. The feature is called Touch Tone in any of the Lucent switches and Digitone in Nortel switches. The feature costs somewhere between 8 and 12 cents per month, which is still charged on all land line accounts.

Just FYI :beer: 

OK, Cliff..................................................................................................................................Claven.

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

If you haven't made a point of it look through the newspapers (at least the front page) for interesting happenings. You might also ask a estate sales person to browse through. You never know, she might have a Babe Ruth rookie card or some antique toy worth a small fortune.

OK, Cliff..................................................................................................................................Claven.

I’ve had limited access but I’m going to have some fun once we close.  Honestly my big concern right now is that I might actually find the remains of Babe Ruth behind one of these piles.  (Seriously though, agree and thanks). 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’ve had limited access but I’m going to have some fun once we close.  Honestly my big concern right now is that I might actually find the remains of Babe Ruth behind one of these piles.  (Seriously though, agree and thanks). 

In your agreement of sale who is responsible for the clean out?

6 hours ago, Taro T said:

Another possibility is increased use of absentee ballots.

I've been doing absentee for years. Partly because I may be working out of town on election day. But I like being able to take my time and decide who I'm voting for rather than choosing a name at the polling place.  I think NY is doing early voting again this year, so that may get me back to the polls. 

1 hour ago, Azalin said:

That cost was actually imposed by the collective PUCs and likely the FCC as well. The feature is called Touch Tone in any of the Lucent switches and Digitone in Nortel switches. The feature costs somewhere between 8 and 12 cents per month, which is still charged on all land line accounts.

Just FYI :beer: 

Fellow telecom bum?

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

In your agreement of sale who is responsible for the clean out?

I‘m responsible.  I figured we would handle the sweat, I saved substantially on the purchase price.  

44 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Fellow telecom bum?

How could you tell? :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TPS said:

I thought this was going to be about the disappearance of Biden. Where in the world is Joe?

Wherever Joe is, he is asking that very same question.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

12 hours ago, TPS said:

I thought this was going to be about the disappearance of Biden. Where in the world is Joe?

I'm sure when he isn't out campaigning for the Senate he is at home making sure the record player is on at night for the kids...

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Foxx said:

lol. your party is the one that wants to remove constitutional freedoms. hows that electoral college removal going for youse?

just shut up while your ahead would you.

We will have the election and you guys will be flushed away. 

15 hours ago, Cinga said:

Am I now in an alternate universe that the elderly votes Republican? After all, haven't they been told for decades the Republicans are going to take their Social Security and Medicare away?

To everyone else, the election is Constitutionally mandated. NO ONE can cancel it

Well, unless the Democrats choose to link it to the demise of the Electoral College.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

Well, unless the Democrats choose to link it to the demise of the Electoral College.  

No way, by the end of this decade the EC will be the Dems firewall. Texas, Georgia, NC and Arizona are changing to blue, Republicans are going to be a minority party 

13 hours ago, Taro T said:

Him lying low for a while is good for him (not sticking his foot in his mouth causing more people to suspect he's senile at best) and for the country (not having him second guessing 45, criticizing him, and then saying he'd do the exact same things like the last time he spoke on the issue).

Plenty of time to turn all this more political once we're past the worst of it.  No time for it now. 

Former vice president Joe Biden appropriately blasted the administration. “He is still failing, even this morning: despite telling the American people that he was using the Defense Production Act to bring the full force of our government to protect our doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals and get them the devices that they need to save Americans in hospitals who are literally struggling to breathe, his lead emergency management official says it is not true,” Biden said in a written statement. “Hospitals, mayors, and governors are forced to fend for themselves to secure the gear and equipment they need. … Mr. President, stop lying and start acting. Use the full extent of your authorities, now, to ensure that we are producing all essential goods and delivering them where they need to go.” He added, “President Trump’s dithering on preparing us for this global pandemic and his lies about his response to this dangerous crisis is one of the most unjustifiable failures of presidential leadership in American history.”

On 3/22/2020 at 5:21 PM, Albwan said:

The soros tibsytards have been told by rachel maddow to be worried and do overtime because

trump-approval.jpg

and you know these idiots always believe polls, so this is deeply disturbing for them...

I read 60% today.

14 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

I read 60% today.

Yup. That's approval of how he's handled the crisis. Same poll has his approval rating (overall) at 49% -- highest of his term. 

Hence why the media launched a "Trump killed people!" story first thing today. It's as predictable as clockwork. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yup. That's approval of how he's handled the crisis. Same poll has his approval rating (overall) at 49% -- highest of his term. 

Hence why the media launched a "Trump killed people!" story first thing today. It's as predictable as clockwork. 

Yes it is! Reminds me of many here. Haters gunna hate.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Yes it is! Reminds me of many here. Haters gunna hate.

The media desperately wants Trump off the air and not having these daily media sessions having to do with the virus. They improve his numbers but the country sees that he is engaged and leading. Previously they were complaining about no daily briefings, although Trump himself talked to the media nearly every day. 

Does anyone remember Obama this engaged with the swine flu? After all, that virus killed 1000 people before Obama called it any kind of an emergency and eventually killed 12,500 people here. He and his sidekick used up most of the N95 masks and never replenished them even after being asked to twice by the CDC.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1