Baby Boomers Redux: Generation C (Covid 19)

Is there a chance with so many men and women staying home for the next few weeks that we see a huuuge baby boom in December 2020 - January 2021?? We could be ushering in a new generation of little Fergy’s, Gugny’s and (God save us) Exiled’s. 

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/15/723518379/u-s-births-fell-to-a-32-year-low-in-2018-cdc-says-birthrate-is-at-record-level

10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

or... a lot of divorces.

Yeah possible.  It’s like we used to be able to just do our own things all day and not see each other.  But now I gotta spend all day inside with you! 

Edited by Another Fan
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Is there a chance with so many men and women staying home for the next few weeks that we see a huuuge baby boom in December 2020 - January 2021?? We could be ushering in a new generation of little Fergy’s, Gugny’s and (God save us) Exiled’s. 

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/15/723518379/u-s-births-fell-to-a-32-year-low-in-2018-cdc-says-birthrate-is-at-record-level

I think we might. 

As Jordan Matthews famously said "Nothing to do but Each Other" ?‍❤️‍?‍??

The earth is safe from a new generation of little Hap's though.

14 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

The only female in my house is my cat, Lazy.  If she hasn't gotten pregnant by now, I think I'm good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Yeah possible.  It’s like we used to be able to just do our own things all day and not see each other.  But now I gotta spend all day inside with you! 

I present to you: Your invisible coworker Cheryl.

The suggestion is that we all create an invislbe coworker to blame for all frictions.  "Cheryl is leaving empty water glasses all over the house and we just don't know what to do about her!"

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I present to you: Your invisible coworker Cheryl.

The suggestion is that we all create an invislbe coworker to blame for all frictions.  "Cheryl is leaving empty water glasses all over the house and we just don't know what to do about her!"

Reflecting on this ? statement, does that mean Bring Back Fergy solved his problem of the busy body slowing down office work?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

image.jpeg

Hadn’t seen that before. Makes sense. Generation C!

I can just picture little Augie’s asking “What did you and Mom do during the 2020 pandemic?” and Mrs Augie just changes the subject quickly. 

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think we might. 

As Jordan Matthews famously said "Nothing to do but Each Other" ?‍❤️‍?‍??

The earth is safe from a new generation of little Hap's though.

By the way, had no idea where to put this. If you want to move it to “Generic Covid” thread go ahead. 

14 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I'm snipped and single, and people like @Augie @Royale with Cheese @plenzmd1 @Boyst62 @mead107 @CountryCletus know what I look like, so there's a GREAT chance the lucky ladies out there have nothing to worry about.

Here to help those in need, however..........

Handsome devil that you are, if your plan is to take the lovely lady out and get her a drink,  you might need a plan B. Maybe putt-putt? Practice timing your windmill to impress her!  Wine gathering skills are not to be taken for granted. :)

Edited by Augie

There will be a spike... But not boom

The Millennials also called: Echo Boomers because they are children of Boomers are starting to reach middle age.  Boomers are reaching elderly.  It's the post-Millennials that will start having the kids... And they don't want to bring children (or really can't, shouldn't) into such a messed country and world.