Breshad Perriman vs Draftng a WR

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

If Perrimans price tag was so low someone would have signed him by now. He’s waiting for the best deal available 

Yeah.  On a cheap deal he would be a no-brainer.

5 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

I'm at the point where I'm hoping we pick up Claypool or Pittman in the 2nd or 3rd or Peoples-Jones in the 3rd/4th if he drops that far. They will be on team friendly deals and develop and we will be set. Can't see giving another WR 6m+ for 3-4 years. We will need that money for 2021/2022 to resign our own, especially if Allen develops the way we hope.

So you want to use our first pick on a guy that will only play in 4 WR sets and red zone?

i love this WR class but I really hope we don’t use our first pick on a WR.  Claypool, maybe, because he can play TE. I’d be ok taking a TE in rd 2-3, not WR unless the value is too great.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

So you want to use our first pick on a guy that will only play in 4 WR sets and red zone?

i love this WR class but I really hope we don’t use our first pick on a WR.  Claypool, maybe, because he can play TE. I’d be ok taking a TE in rd 2-3, not WR unless the value is too great.

I think guys like Claypool, Mims, Pittman will be really solid pros. By the time they develop we have a solid #2 for when Brown or Beasley cost too much and we have to pay Allen or in case of injury he can step up and contribute. We need the depth and weapons for JA. Plus they would be an upgrade over Duke.  

It all depends on BPA in the 2nd/3rd.  If a really good OT (Thomas, Jones) or RB drops (Dobbins, Swift, Akers) or we really want to trade up for someone we really want. (I trust Beane and McD know who that is) then address WR in the 3rd/4th. For the first time in a long time I trust the draft will fill needs and they will get their man.

My latest mock on fanspeak has:

Rd 2 Cam Akers

Rd 3 Antonio Gandy-Golden

Rd 4 AJ Dillon

Rd 7 Omar Bayless WR Arkansas State

I'd rather have a rookie WR considering we're set WR and Perriman would be WR 4. Antonio would have time to get up to speed and be on a rookie deal.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dopey said:

My latest mock on fanspeak has:

Rd 2 Cam Akers

Rd 3 Antonio Gandy-Golden

Rd 4 AJ Dillon

Rd 7 Omar Bayless WR Arkansas State

I'd rather have a rookie WR considering we're set WR and Perriman would be WR 4. Antonio would have time to get up to speed and be on a rookie deal.

Gandy-Golden and AJ Dillon? ?

1 hour ago, DJB said:

Weve been down this road before. 

Beane said no before when he could have had him for basically free. 

Highly unlikely he wants him now

So they are just work out buddies ? Or Beane is doing Periman a solid ? 

lol
no way he would want to play here unless we are trading Beasley or something amirite?

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

I think guys like Claypool, Mims, Pittman will be really solid pros. By the time they develop we have a solid #2 for when Brown or Beasley cost too much and we have to pay Allen or in case of injury he can step up and contribute. We need the depth and weapons for JA. Plus they would be an upgrade over Duke.  

It all depends on BPA in the 2nd/3rd.  If a really good OT (Thomas, Jones) or RB drops (Dobbins, Swift, Akers) or we really want to trade up for someone we really want. (I trust Beane and McD know who that is) then address WR in the 3rd/4th. For the first time in a long time I trust the draft will fill needs and they will get their man.

That doesn’t make sense.  We are in win NOW mode.  There shouldn’t be too many instances atm in which our GM makes a decision regarding our 1st pick and says “by the time they develop, we will have a solid #2 for when brown and Beasley move on”.  Under no circumstance should that be said over the next 2 years.  Win now win now win now.

If mims is there, maybe we make an exception, but I doubt he’s there.  Claypool can play TE.  Makes sense.  We should upgrade TE.  Pittman. No thanks.  

OL please.  Pass rusher please.  RB please.  Dugger please. If the BPA happens to be a 1st rd talent wr, so be it, but I think we’d be best served trading down in that situation or drafting one of the above positions.  

We should be using every asset we have on players that can help us this season.  I don’t care about when John Brown leaves in 2 years.  I want to win a SB within 2 years.  That’s the only goal.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Draft a player, you need to get younger behind Beasley, Brown and Diggs. Brown will be 30 this season and Cole 31, Diggs will turn 27 but even if all three players were under 25 you still need depth. I think one of the first two picks has to be a WR. IF this team suffers on injury to their top 3 they are right back to where they were last year with only 2 functional receivers. There also exists the need to have a player ready to step up if either Brown or Beasley begin to decline in the next 2 seasons. WR most definitely needs to be a top priority in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Draft a player, you need to get younger behind Beasley, Brown and Diggs. Brown will be 30 this season and Cole 31, Diggs will turn 27 but even if all three players were under 25 you still need depth. I think one of the first two picks has to be a WR. IF this team suffers on injury to their top 3 they are right back to where they were last year with only 2 functional receivers. There also exists the need to have a player ready to step up if either Brown or Beasley begin to decline in the next 2 seasons. WR most definitely needs to be a top priority in the draft. 

The offense needs playmakers.  They are set at the top 3 wr spots.  They showed creativity to get every drop of production out of Mckenzie the last 2 years.  If they put a dynamic athlete in that role while developing them into their system it makes a whole lot of sense to me.  

With Diggs the Bills are not tied to any type of Wr as a need.  I do think the best weapon available at 54 needs to be the pick.  Whether thats wr, te, or rb.

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

The offense needs playmakers.  They are set at the top 3 wr spots.  They showed creativity to get every drop of production out of Mckenzie the last 2 years.  If they put a dynamic athlete in that role while developing them into their system it makes a whole lot of sense to me.  

With Diggs the Bills are not tied to any type of Wr as a need.  I do think the best weapon available at 54 needs to be the pick.  Whether thats wr, te, or rb.

RB in my mind is not where they should go at pick 54, unless there is ungodly value there. I think you can find Singletary's backup in round 4 or 5. I think the WR core is much more pressing because Brown has an injury history and is older and Beasley is older. You are one injury away or a steep decline from Beasley away from being in a very lower mid-level offense. I do agree with you general sentiment that a weapon in the passing game at pick 54 is a good idea (or an Edge) but RB in my mind is the lowest priority in that assessment. I wouldn't hate it if a true first round talent fell but I would much rather get a WR to wait in the wings over the next season or two behind Brown and Beasley. 

Just now, billsfan89 said:

RB in my mind is not where they should go at pick 54, unless there is ungodly value there. I think you can find Singletary's backup in round 4 or 5. I think the WR core is much more pressing because Brown has an injury history and is older and Beasley is older. You are one injury away or a steep decline from Beasley away from being in a very lower mid-level offense. I do agree with you general sentiment that a weapon in the passing game at pick 54 is a good idea (or an Edge) but RB in my mind is the lowest priority in that assessment. I wouldn't hate it if a true first round talent fell but I would much rather get a WR to wait in the wings over the next season or two behind Brown and Beasley. 

I dont see a rd 2 Rb as a back up.  In my eyes its a co starter.  Whoever can greater impact the offense is the direction.  Whoever the #2 Rb is they are still going to be touching the ball 15 plus times a game.

12 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I dont see a rd 2 Rb as a back up.  In my eyes its a co starter.  Whoever can greater impact the offense is the direction.  Whoever the #2 Rb is they are still going to be touching the ball 15 plus times a game.

I don't look at this team as really giving 15 touches to Singletary's backup. I think they want Singletary as the lead back and a RB drafted behind him would be a short yardage early down back, with Yeldon also sprinkling things in.