Would you trade Trent Murphy for Rashaad Penny?

1 minute ago, Jpsredemption said:

What has Rashad Penny done to warrant trading a player who is a valuable rotational defensive end?

More like,  the Bills need running backs and also need to get some younger talent at DE. Murphy is a FA next year, so this would be like getting something for nothing in my opinion. Penny has shown flashes but nothing consistent. Not a bad gamble because I would cut Murphy at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

More like,  the Bills need running backs and also need to get some younger talent at DE. Murphy is a FA next year, so this would be like getting something for nothing in my opinion. Penny has shown flashes but nothing consistent. Not a bad gamble because I would cut Murphy at this point. 

Penny is an injury prone back that could easily be replaced with a mid rounder in the draft. Murphy is a descent, albeit overpaid DE that would be a tough replacement with no 1st rounder this year.

I think with the above trade Buffalo would not be gaining anything but if they kept Murphy and just drafted a RB then they come out ahead

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I have to be honest, but I put myself through the torture off rewatching the Houston game on NFL Network yesterday, and I know someone else pointed it out somewhere on this site, but Murphy was one of the best players on field. If that’s the fully healthy Murphy we are getting this season, then he will be worth the price tag. So unless they wind up with a Clowney type or trade for a guy like that, Murphy stays. 

And if we had Stefon Diggs, we win that game handily. 

• Like (+1) 8

55 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes

You sir have lost your damned mind!  You could pick a Penny off the waiver wire.  Why would you trade away a valuable defensive end for a rotational RB who famously showed up out of shape his rookie season, mostly has sat the bench, and frequently gets injured?  Beane should be fired for even entertaining something like that.

• Like (+1) 2

Lmao here. RBs are a dime a dozen.  Base 4-3 ends have a run stop job to seal the edge and rush the passer on passing downs.  Murphy is not a rock star but is a solid rotational NFL player.

Can't say Penny is the same.   Pass here. 

• Like (+1) 4