Trade for Dalton

Just now, billvernsays said:

He’s got a 17.5 million salary this year 0 guaranteed. That can be restructured to 3 years 18.5 with 10 guaranteed.

What do you think, since he’s gonna be released  anyway, the Bengals would probably take our extra 6th

Y tho?

I think this is a very solid attempt to wrest title of "Dumbest suggestion of the week" honors away from some other worthy candidates.

$6m/yr w/ $10m guaranteed, and a draft pick, for a backup who is about to be released.   :wallbash:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, BringBackFlutie said:

Y tho?

To give Josh a veteran QB as a backup. Also, with his running and willingness to do whatever it takes at times, it leaves him more prone to injury. We’d have one of the better backup QB situations in the NFL, upgrading from one of the worst, 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CLTbills said:

Can you give a reason why this would make even the least bit of sense?

His first idea was to trade a 3d for Winston before he was cut by Tampa Bay, so by comparison this seems reasonable.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CLTbills said:

Can you give a reason why this would make even the least bit of sense?

I can.  If he agreed he was a backup, he has years of experience in the league to share with Josh.  Plus, Josh gets hurt and you have a starter-quality backup for some games.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

I can.  If he agreed he was a backup, he has years of experience in the league to share with Josh.  Plus, Josh gets hurt and you have a starter-quality backup for some games.  

And 5 million is the going rate for a top tier backup QB. Making this an effective 2 year contract. 

I really didn’t think this was that bad of a suggestion 

• Like (+1) 1