Next years starters - only getting better

Coach55

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

What happened to the hybrid safety linebacker we drafted last year but never played a snap? I never hear a thing about him.

who dat?

What we lack is another running back. We have no depth there and are an injury away from playing somebody who couldn't play last year, some other team's discard or a street free agent.  If you look at a number of mock drafts, we should be able to get  at least the second RB selection. Especially with a modest trade up. (I got a post on this elsewhere on this).  I'm looking for a Thomas type guy.  It is the only position where there is not a clear and good backup.  We can pick up the bruising FB type guy anywhere for cheap.

5 hours ago, Coach55 said:

DE - Addison - Should be a slight upgrade/wash vs. Lawson/Murphy

Murphy will be returning despite desires of some very vocal posters and he will rotating on defense likely with Addison as well as whoever Bills keep (Love, Darryl Johnson, Jonathan Woodard, draftee, FA)

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly with the addition of Diggs I'm extremely excited to see if Allen can connect with him on the deep shots. And also, I feel like Brown is gonna have a fantastic year now that Diggs will take the attention off of him.

6 hours ago, Coach55 said:

If you look at the current roster situation, excluding the draft - we are only getting better...

Offense (10 returning starters)

QB - Allen - better with Age

RB - Singletary - better with Age

WR1 - Diggs (new) - massive upgrade vs platoon

WR2 - Brown - same as last year

WR3 - Beasley - same as last year

TE - Knox - better with Age

LT - Dawkins - same as last year

LG - Spain - same as last year

C - Morse - same as last year

RG - Feliciano - same as last year

RT - Ford/Nsekhe - better with Age/same as last year

O-line as a whole should improve due to year over year cohesiveness

Defense (9/10 returning starters - pending the package)

DE - Hughes - may lose a step this year

DT - Oliver - better with Age (will also be returning Harrison Philips who should also be better being healthy and older)

DT - Lotulelei - same as last year

DE - Addison - Should be a slight upgrade/wash vs. Lawson/Murphy

LB - Edwards - Better with Age

LB - Milano - Better with Age

LB - Klein - wash vs. Alexander (won't be on the field more than 50% of the snaps)

CB - White - Entering Prime

CB - Wallace/Norman - Better with Age/Potential upgrade

NCB - Johnson/Neal - Both better with Age

S - Poyer - same as last year

S - Hyde - same as last year

All and all - we are only getting better and more mature.  Our depth is also a lot deeper.   We are getting to the point where we are pretty solid all around and can make a deep run.  ... and we still have the draft to go. 

Just assuming all young guys get better is... very optimistic 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

This roster is loaded with talent. Beane really overloaded this team with lots of good players. Only holes I see are RG, RT and backup RB. Even those positions it’s not like omg the sky is falling. Buffalo should win the AFC East and I could possibly see a Super Bowl run in play if Josh Allen takes a step forward. This is a 12 win team. Once again, even our weak areas have talented players that can perform if need be. We will go as far as Allen takes us.

Agree.  KC and Seattle look tough, and maybe Steelers.  Still need a FB and Josh needs at least 6 250+ yard games please.  12 or more wins would be awesome, anything less than 10 would be awful. Go Bills!! 

15 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

What happened to the hybrid safety linebacker we drafted last year but never played a snap? I never hear a thing about him.

If it’s Vosean Joseph, hes a MLB and was on IR. If it’s Jaquan Johnson... he was ST guy last year. 

18 hours ago, Bangarang said:

We go as far as Allen and the offense take us. If he fixes the deep ball then we can be a force.

I actually want him to continue improving the short and mid range...We don't need the deep ball next year....Wee need consistency to move the chains and take time of the clock.

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

I actually want him to continue improving the short and mid range...We don't need the deep ball next year....Wee need consistency to move the chains and take time of the clock.

We don’t need the deep ball? I can’t take what you say serious after a comment like that. 

We need to score more points and last year Allen missed out on a lot of points because his deep ball was pathetically bad.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, warrior9 said:

If it’s Vosean Joseph, hes a MLB and was on IR. If it’s Jaquan Johnson... he was ST guy last year. 

My guess is he meant one of those guys. I forgot Jaquan's name, but knew there was another guy. Isn't one of these guys supposed to be a "hybrid" LB/Safety?

Maybe he meant Maurice Alexander? We singed him last off-season and he is that hybrid size type guy

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

My guess is he meant one of those guys. I forgot Jaquan's name, but knew there was another guy. Isn't one of these guys supposed to be a "hybrid" LB/Safety?

Hopefully they all get a little better being in the same scheme with the same coaches there is a lot of optimism surrounding the Bills even the "Experts" are saying the Bills will be the team to beat in the AFC east i for one wish they wouldn't do that because the Bills are better a the underdog ut all things point to them being a good team for a while .

On 3/21/2020 at 1:21 PM, somnus00 said:

This team certainly looks better on paper. Now it's up to the coaches to get them to play as a team. I believe they will.

Success still hinges on Josh Allen taking a big step this year. His willingness to be coaches and make changes to his game gives me hope that he'll improve. With this roster, we don't need him to be great just yet. But he becomes a genuinely "good" quarterback, this team will win a lot of games.

He's not there yet, so winning the division is not a foregone conclusion. But it is a pretty decent bet.

If he becomes great we will compete for a championship, so I think we do need him to be great. 

The majority of improvement on offense is dependent on two things:

Allen getting better (accuracy, decision making)

OL play (injury free, Spain/Feliciano level of play)

On Defense I do think they should be as good if not better. But the D did not cost them games last year. Even if the D is better by a few points per game the O has to score more period.