Hot Take Of The Day...

eball

...teams that maintain the most continuity are going to have an enormous advantage heading into the 2020 season, primarily because of the uncertainty regarding when/if teams will be able to get together to practice.  Teams with new head coaches or significant changes on their staffs will be behind.  Teams with lots of new faces will be behind.  Teams relying heavily upon draft picks will be behind.

In this regard, I'm even more ecstatic with what Buffalo has to work with.  Total continuity on the coaching staff.  Key additions are veteran FAs.  They will not have to rely upon immediate contributions from draft picks.

I think about teams like the Pats*** having to start a new QB...even in Tampa, so many new pieces to put together with Brady coming in.  In the AFC I think the Bills, Chiefs, Ravens, and Titans look like the early favorites because they seem to have this continuity in spades.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I will be surprised if they even play this year.

Yeah, no. It’s been a few days now since China has reported new cases -and they have numerous WTO teams throughout the Country to verify this. The end is in site but our journey to it will be daunting. 

I believe we’ll be good for kickoff on time in 2020. 

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Hot humid days will kill the virus altogether, so I would be SHOCKED if everything isn't up and running by June.

Prepare to be shocked in a very big way 

26 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yeah, no. It’s been a few days now since China has reported new cases -and they have numerous WTO teams throughout the Country to verify this. The end is in site but our journey to it will be daunting. 

You literally went to jail if you left your home.  That had nothing to do with weather. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Hot humid days will kill the virus altogether, so I would be SHOCKED if everything isn't up and running by June.

There's no evidence to support that claim, although there's some evidence suggesting that heat and humidity could slow the infection rate a little.

https://www.live5news.com/2020/03/20/fact-or-fiction-will-hot-weather-kill-covid-/

https://health.mcleancountyil.gov/723/COVID-19-Myth-Busters

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-cases-flu-like-drop-linked-with-high-heat-humidity-2020-3

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Prepare to be shocked in a very big way 

You literally went to jail if you left your home.  That had nothing to do with weather. 

People are drastically underestimating the possibility that this virus mutates and comes back in fall. Particularly if there’s no vaccine by then.... summer will kill it???? It’s always winter somewhere on this planet. As long as there’s travel then contagion can spread. We’d all be better off planning for this to get worse and being happily surprised if it doesn’t. 

47 minutes ago, eball said:

...teams that maintain the most continuity are going to have an enormous advantage heading into the 2020 season, primarily because of the uncertainty regarding when/if teams will be able to get together to practice.  Teams with new head coaches or significant changes on their staffs will be behind.  Teams with lots of new faces will be behind.  Teams relying heavily upon draft picks will be behind.

In this regard, I'm even more ecstatic with what Buffalo has to work with.  Total continuity on the coaching staff.  Key additions are veteran FAs.  They will not have to rely upon immediate contributions from draft picks.

I think about teams like the Pats*** having to start a new QB...even in Tampa, so many new pieces to put together with Brady coming in.  In the AFC I think the Bills, Chiefs, Ravens, and Titans look like the early favorites because they seem to have this continuity in spades.

OP, you are spot on.  I've been thinking about this for some time now.  The more this lingers, the better off the Bills should look this fall.  Few teams have the continuity and team drive that the Bills will have.  Significant competitive advantage, especially early in the year

18 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I didn’t say it was. Just that there’s hope given the country of origin appears to have ‘social distanced’ effectively -by whatever means necessary. Again, our Spring (Happy Spring!, btw) is going to be the rarest of any season in our lives.

50 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

The entire country is in lockdown. Have you taken a look at what’s going on in Italy? Not sure how anyone can confidently say there is an end on site at this point. 

Edited by Bangarang

Just now, Bangarang said:

The entire country is in lockdown. Have you taken a look at what’s going on in Italy? Not sure how anyone can confidently say there is an end on site at this point. 

Yes. They’re also at least a week behind China  -if not more. As we are with Italy. There are timeline precedents here.

57 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I will be surprised if they even play this year.

If we get to September and businesses and workers are still on lock down, the last thing I'll be worried about is the NFL. At that point we'd all be eating out of dumpsters

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

China took some extreme measures. Would we?

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

China took some extreme measures. Would we?

Should we?

Anyway, back to eball’s topic, yes, a decided advantage to teams with most staffs and players returning.

Edited by Chandler#81