Colts release Pierre Desir; signed by Jets

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I get the signing - I think he would have been a much better fit in Buffalo’s Defense than Greggo’s D in NY, but he gets to be CB1 and a chance at FA again next year.  In Buffalo - he was competing with Norman for the KJ role as Outside CB 3/4 with partial playing time.  

That role got KJ a puny 1 year 3.5M deal with Cleveland - so I truly understand the thought process.  I just think if they ask him to be CB1 and play a bunch of man - he is going to be exposed.

Would have been better-served being the #2 CB in Buffalo, having a great year and then cashing in in FA next year.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Would have been better-served being the #2 CB in Buffalo, having a great year and then cashing in in FA next year.

In Buffalo he'd have to compete for a starting job, in NJ he's guaranteed a spot. Wouldn't make sense for a CB to sign a 1 year prove it deal here. Our depth actually works against us there.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

In Buffalo he'd have to compete for a starting job, in NJ he's guaranteed a spot. Wouldn't make sense for a CB to sign a 1 year prove it deal here. Our depth actually works against us there.

If he's scared of competition, then he's not the guy you want.  And likewise if he can't handily win the #2 CB spot and needs it to be handed to him.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Yes, but that did not work out great for KJ as playing part time got him a 1 year 3.5 M deal in Cleveland.  If he could surely beat out Norman and Wallace and would be the full time #2 - it would make sense, but splitting time is hard.  I also think the CB1 gig in NYJ will cause some issues for him, but we will see.

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Yes, but that did not work out great for KJ as playing part time got him a 1 year 3.5 M deal in Cleveland.  If he could surely beat out Norman and Wallace and would be the full time #2 - it would make sense, but splitting time is hard.  I also think the CB1 gig in NYJ will cause some issues for him, but we will see.

It's probably more attractive to go be a #1 instead of a #2/3 behind Tre White.

3 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Yeah but Johnson didn't even beat out Wallace.  He couldn't even beat out Taron Johnson.  Again if he's looking to just be named a starter and not have to compete, he's not who the Bills want.

10 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I’m supposed to come here and say he sucks now right? I wanted him the other day, but he signed elsewhere so now he’s terrible. ???

9 hours ago, Doc said:

Well, if he'd rather play for the Jets...

That's alright. He will have his one good year, then want to get away from Gase, and the Bills can scoop him up next year.