Colts release Pierre Desir; signed by Jets

19 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Long lean zone corner from a super small school? Yep makes sense! Carolina did scout him in 2014 so there is some familiarity there. 

Perfect fit...

"Desir, a long corner that excels in zone coverage and run defense, has proven to be a great fit for the Colts defense led by coordinator Matt Eberflus. The 28-year-old is also viewed upon as a leader in a very young secondary."

• Like (+1) 1

I am sure some team with a desperate need for a CB will jump all over it.

I don't know if McBeane feels desperate right now.

The only starting spot they might not feel secure about is CB2, so it might be a fit.

Edited by njbuff

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The only starting spot they might not feel secure about is CB2, so it might be a fit.

Yep.  If they were kicking the tires on Chris Harris, Desir would be a good, lower-cost alternative...

53 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I am sure some team with a desperate need for a CB will jump all over it.

I don't know if McBeane feels desperate right now.

The one thing that helps us is that Desir is a specific scheme fit, for your predominantly zone teams, so you can pretty much cut the number of suitors in half

17 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The one thing that helps us is that Desir is a specific scheme fit, for your predominantly zone teams, so you can pretty much cut the number of suitors in half

I agree - he would thrive across from White, and maybe a short term deal where he could earn even more next year with a great season might entice him. Then Norman is your third with Levi as depth.