Would you keep the HC\GM combo if Allen doesn't work out.

18 hours ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Everybody would love to have a great or elite QB. Good QB is hugely important but it is not the end all be all to winning. Every year there are teams that win playoff games without a great QB.....this year Vikings, 49ers, and Titans all won playoff games with average or above average QB's. Jimmy G has some good games and then he plays awful. 

This year they were both in the conversation for Coach and GM of the year. Yeah your right if the Bills fire him his career as a GM is over.  

Who said they were getting fired?  I just don’t why you need to rush to extend them now. 

I think the entire conversation is totally premature at this point. Allen has played two seasons and has at least 2 more before any kind of decision will be made on his progress and his future. If Allen fails I'd still give this crew another shot at picking a QB though. This is the best front office the Bills have ever had, at least since the Polian Super Bowl era.

On 3/21/2020 at 11:45 AM, downunderbill said:

When Allen was drafted and during that first season, particularly the first few games, I recall a lot anger and fire everybody posts tying the HC and GMs job to Allen becoming the guy. First off I'm firmly in the Allen corner and believe he is the guy, it's not about if he will be or not. hypothetically, Just say he does severely regress this year and it becomes obvious he isn't the guy, would you be willing to let the current hierarchy have another crack at the QB pick. 

Personally, I definitely would, I love these guys and how they operate, feel they should be here for a long time, Allen working out or not. Whay say you?

Worthwhile question.

IMO, if they continue doing everything else as well as they have so far, yeah, I'd say they should be here a long time.

On 3/20/2020 at 11:04 PM, Bob in STL said:

Yes. Beane and McD have been the 2nd most competent after Polian/Levy.  You DO NoT get rid of them, they could actually win a SB.  

Allen was the best choice they had so no fault if he is not the man (I think he will be be).  

This team is thriving under Beane/McD.   Keep it going!  

Best thing that has happened to me as BIlls Fan is McBeanes . period.

45 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We can save money hiring Bill O'Brien to be both HC and GM.

is that you Ralph ?

: )

Edited by 3rdand12

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Color me skeptical. There will ALWAYS be posters here nitpicking the guy.

And nitpicking is the definition of quibbling about that play for sure...there's safety help over the top from Reid. That's a dead play and throwaway is the right call up 13, middle third quarter on the road in playoffs. Throw to Smith there is an INT

What he could have done was seen single weakside man on Brown and checked to him, but pretty clear Daboll was doing the whole 'lets be clever and put in run package playaction and then send two least athletic passcatchers downfield' thing again...smh

1 minute ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

The Miami home game on the return onside kick.  Safety on Baker Mayfield.

Yes that is well below NFL average scoring on ST and def which was the point I assume

1 hour ago, BigBillsFan said:

Bottom 1/3rd QB rating

Lowest YPG & Yards passing as a starter

Lowest completion percentage

(in comparison to every other starter in the league, not backups)

I could keep going, but in all metrics that show a good QB he isn't one.

His passing yards were 23rd just below the NFL MVP.  His touchdowns were 23rd, much higher if you track total touchdowns. 

He is a 2nd year quarterback who is 15-12 as a starter, and took the team to the playoffs last year.  Without his wheels they probably dont get there.

On the QBR, which I think is a total farce, if you think Jacoby Brissett, Daniel Jones, Jameis Winston, Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Ryan Tannehill are all better QBs than Josh Allen go ahead, but you'd be wrong.

If you want to look at stats to justify a Quarterback being good or not fine, but dont forget the player's entire game.  Is Josh one of the best passers in the league right now, probably not.   However, he is one of the top 15 players at his position, and he is pushing for top 10. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

His passing yards were 23rd just below the NFL MVP.  His touchdowns were 23rd, much higher if you track total touchdowns. 

He is a 2nd year quarterback who is 15-12 as a starter, and took the team to the playoffs last year.  Without his wheels they probably dont get there.

On the QBR, which I think is a total farce, if you think Jacoby Brissett, Daniel Jones, Jameis Winston, Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Ryan Tannehill are all better QBs than Josh Allen go ahead, but you'd be wrong.

If you want to look at stats to justify a Quarterback being good or not fine, but dont forget the player's entire game.  Is Josh one of the best passers in the league right now, probably not.   However, he is one of the top 15 players at his position, and he is pushing for top 10. 

Last in passing yards last among starters. Last. That MVP had a few more TDs and higher YPG, YPA, higher completion, and a once in a generation talent who won't last long in the NFL.

Records I don't care about. Trubisky was 12-4 in his 2nd year, Pro-Bowl, with better stats on everything except rushing.

QBR isn't QB Rating (QBR vs RTG). On rating I'm right. I do think Tannehill, Carr, and Jones are better QBs last year.

He's certainly NOT top 15 at his position. He is what he is, a bottom 3rd QB with a ton of potential and promise. He led a bottom 1/3rd offense, and for long stretches of multiple games looked horrible.

11 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Absolutely you keep them, but they may need to revisit their entire offensive scouting team.

Or you draft another and start again .

Scouting VS System VS Coaching VS complimentary players. surrounding the Bills rookie QB. Year one was brutal and as exciting as it gets at the same time

Lots of factors

Let us pray

24 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

Last in passing yards last among starters. Last. That MVP had a few more TDs and higher YPG, YPA, higher completion, and a once in a generation talent who won't last long in the NFL.

Records I don't care about. Trubisky was 12-4 in his 2nd year, Pro-Bowl, with better stats on everything except rushing.

QBR isn't QB Rating (QBR vs RTG). On rating I'm right. I do think Tannehill, Carr, and Jones are better QBs last year.

He's certainly NOT top 15 at his position. He is what he is, a bottom 3rd QB with a ton of potential and promise. He led a bottom 1/3rd offense, and for long stretches of multiple games looked horrible.

I am not going to argue with someone who thinks Josh Allen is the 29th best quarterback in the league.   Anyone who thinks that, legitimately has an agenda against the guy and will never have their mind changed, short of him suddenly being Aaron Rodgers.

Edited by thenorthremembers

8 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am not going to argue with someone who thinks Josh Allen is the 29th best quarterback in the league.   Anyone who thinks that, legitimately has an agenda against the guy and will never have their mind changed, short of him suddenly being Aaron Rodgers.

Actually like @C.Biscuit97 said we'll know this year who he really is. I just wish he had a better TE to help him out and help him grow.

I hope he crushes it and is our QB for the next 15 years.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

Actually like @C.Biscuit97 said we'll know this year who he really is. I just wish he had a better TE to help him out and help him grow.

The oline didn't do him any favors during stretches last year, especially in the playoff game. Let's hope they get coached up and improve with continuity.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BigBillsFan said:

I think he will be. He's self aware and seems committed to improving his flaws. He'll make some boneheaded plays for sure but I'm kind of Ok with them, it's generally when he's trying to make something happen. Love the win at all costs attitude. 

• Like (+1) 1