Would you keep the HC\GM combo if Allen doesn't work out.

this is an organization that went to the playoffs with Tyrod Taylor at QB so that's a strong yes. It will be interesting to see for how long Josh is the unchallenged starter and how long he is given to win the job as a legacy QB

Depends on how the scenario plays out.  If it's clear that Allen isn't working out, I expect Beane to recognize it and act accordingly. 

A situation where Beane/McDermott hold on to "the dream" for too long, would make me want a new GM and/or coach. 

Take Ryan Pace, for example.  He will soon be approaching this territory with Trubisky.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Depends on how the scenario plays out.  If it's clear that Allen isn't working out, I expect Beane to recognize it and act accordingly. 

A situation where Beane/McDermott hold on to "the dream" for too long, would make me want a new GM and/or coach. 

Take Ryan Pace, for example.  He will soon be approaching this territory with Trubisky.

Thought about it quite a bit because I think there's a real 40/60 shot at this scenario.(sorry if that offend's anyone's sensitivities). My opinion is the above. If they were to pull the plug at the appropriate time, YES. 

This combo has gotten the Bills to the playoffs twice in 3 seasons after 17 years of nothing. 

IF, IF Allen doesn't progress, I would absolutely give them one more shot at it.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Bills make the playoffs in 2/3 years after 50,000 years. Allen comes in and has done wonders with what he had to work with and won some games on his own. But yet we have another thread should we get rid of everybody just amazing.

did you even read the post?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

What’s that mean? Their offense has been lackluster to this point.... another season of that and a .500 or so season and there will be a different tone around here.

It means that comment was in response to someone saying quote some defensive/special teams touchdowns have inflated these (pts per game under McDermott) end quote.

11 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Thought about it quite a bit because I think there's a real 40/60 shot at this scenario.(sorry if that offend's anyone's sensitivities). My opinion is the above. If they were to pull the plug at the appropriate time, YES. 

This combo has gotten the Bills to the playoffs twice in 3 seasons after 17 years of nothing. 

IF, IF Allen doesn't progress, I would absolutely give them one more shot at it.

This is my view.  As long as they realize their mistake with Allen and do something about it, then I'm good with them.  If they keep holding on to a sub-par QB just because he was a #1 pick and is still on a rookie contract without coming up with a "Plan B", then they need to go.  

8 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Bills make the playoffs in 2/3 years after 50,000 years. Allen comes in and has done wonders with what he had to work with and won some games on his own. But yet we have another thread should we get rid of everybody just amazing.

This thread isn't about whether Allen is likely to succeed or fail.  It's about how fans would feel about Beane and McDermott if Allen were to fail -- and it's certainly not an unrealistic or a pessimistic question.  Look at Chicago.  In 2018, the Bears went 12-4 with Mitch Trubisky looking good -- better than Allen looked in his second season -- but Trubisky failed to continue to improve in his third year and actually regressed (probably because DCs have "figured him out"), and the Bears went down the toilet.   This year the Bears traded for Nick Foles rather than leaving all their eggs in the basket with Trubisky.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Allen may never be elite but he definitely is not a bust. Even if he is average to above average the Bills can build a good team around him and still be a contender. I would sign McBeane to an extension now.

Dick Jauron and Ryan Fitzpatrick love this idea!  

you think there is going to some bidding war for Beane after the season?  Has that ever happened?  

• Like (+1) 2