Would you keep the HC\GM combo if Allen doesn't work out.

1 hour ago, downunderbill said:

When Allen was drafted and during that first season, particularly the first few games, I recall a lot anger and fire everybody posts tying the HC and GMs job to Allen becoming the guy. First off I'm firmly in the Allen corner and believe he is the guy, it's not about if he will be or not. hypothetically, Just say he does severely regress this year and it becomes obvious he isn't the guy, would you be willing to let the current hierarchy have another crack at the QB pick. 

Personally, I definitely would, I love these guys and how they operate, feel they should be here for a long time, Allen working out or not. Whay say you?

Definitely keep them, they've done to many things right to let them go over 1 mistake :flirt:

Edited by 315Mafia

Absolutely. 

I said before last season I would give the FO another crack at QB if Josh doesn’t work out. They have done a good job in so many respects, and picking a QB is a total crap shoot. They have added a TON of talent. 

But bottom line...........I think Josh will be The Man! 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It won’t be.... if Allen struggles that badly or if Barkley is forced into action for a long period of time people will be crushing McBeane for having him as their back up. 

You will.....not the Pegulas....because they will remember that the team has made the playoffs 2 times in the last 3 years

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Wouldn’t surprise me, but if Allen goes down and/or struggles and Barkley is forced into action and the team continues to suck offensively as they go .500 or worse they’ll be a lot of fans scratching their heads..... 

Is there any particular reason why he would struggle?

His OL has a 2nd year together

His weapons are improved

He made a big jump from year one to year two

The percentages dont really support him falling off

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Yes because the process works,, does every player work ? No but this philosophy does.

Allen is working so not worried.

‘But, But, But, he has no 300 yard passing games?!?!

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I don’t think he will fall off... I’m more concerned of him leveling off or getting injured and Barkley having to play for an extended period of time.... we’d be screwed. Barkley blows.

But I thought Barkley was the Cat’s Meow.  Wasn’t too long ago many people on here were calling on him to start.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, downunderbill said:

Depends, of they went 6-10 next year and repeated the question would the answers be the same? I would bet my house it wouldn't be so rosy.

I've seen enough meltdowns and the phrase repeated on the boards following losses to have believed there to still be more than a few that would tie them all together.

I am a Bills fan since 1962.  Not a fair weather fan.  Beans and McDermott ate the best combo og GM/coach the Bills have had, maybe ever.  With the schedule we are facing, we could digress. Nit giving up ob them.

50 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

But I thought Barkley was the Cat’s Meow.  Wasn’t too long ago many people on here were calling on him to start.

It's a very reactive forum and I guess it's a non issue with the guys that have posted because I recognize the names as the more optimistic faithful throughout the last couple of years, plus, things are going so well at the moment.

If for instance he does struggle and say, Miami ? win the East post Brady, the dark side of the board will show up for their fun and call for heads I'm sure

53 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I don’t think he will fall off... I’m more concerned of him leveling off or getting injured and Barkley having to play for an extended period of time.... we’d be screwed. Barkley blows.

After his last outing I'm hoping his position will be addressed. 

Edited by downunderbill

There is the QB and then the rest of the team. You can say he's 1/11 or whatever but it's simply not true. Getting the QB spot right is just about equal to all the other positions combined.

So if Allen regresses and they don't make the playoffs this year, then they will be on the hot seat.  If McD can't beat the Patriots with Allen and without Brady then you have to question why? As others have pointed out some of his game management is questionable while some of it is quite good. 

Long and short its deep playoff run or bust this year. Anything less and either Allen, McD, or Beane are losing their job.

If I'm Terry I let them sign a free agent QB to a front loaded, short-term deal and give them one more shot at it. I wouldn't let them draft another QB first round. McBeane clearly know how to build a culture and a winning organization but if you can't identify a QB it's all for naught. So far it's been their achilles heel in an otherwise great program. 

I most likely would but it really depends on how Allen failed.  So far I'm not 100% confident in McDermott's ability to coach offense and Daboll has frustrated me many times.

If we continue to not trust the offense, play conservative offense, play Dimarco at WR and no screen passes to RB's - then I'll have a different feeling vs Allen just can't move past what he doesn't do well.