Offensive Line Status Quo

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Is there a link to that study?   I didn't find it on the Outsiders.  

As to the comment about Ford having a better body for guard than tackle, I know nothing about those body mechanics, etc.   However, I think it's clear that McBeane's approach is guys who can play multiple positions.   That is, athleticism is the key, not body type.   In the last few years I'd begun to notice that all of Belichick's offensive linemen were built more or less the same.   Solid, tough, athletic, quick (for their size).  

So Ford's future is more likely to be told but which position he shows he can play best at.

It was in a book I had bought when they first came out...I will see if I can scan it or take some screenshots

On 3/20/2020 at 7:46 PM, phxbacker said:

Hopefully adding Diggs helps the OL a bit. Maybe stop some of the wild blitzing Josh faced? I would like to see some investment there in the draft since no help came from FAs.

agreed. Getting the pass game going and steady will make a huge difference as compared to last year. Teams really were forcing Bills to prove it via the pass many games.
Second year together for these guys will be huge. Its not just the starters coming back, it's the depth as well. I put a lot of credence to continuity for this position group.

and i expect both things will improve the Bills Offense overall, and significantly.

Go Bills

On 3/20/2020 at 7:57 PM, ScottLaw said:

Ford.. honestly they are taking a risk with him at RT. Constantly beat around the edge and a lot of mental mistakes. Not a fan.

I struggle with it as well.

But Beanes going to give him another chance to keep the position in offseason. That whole high draft , gotta make it work thing going on.One more year RT it appears.

Sure hope he improves his feet in pass pro

On 3/21/2020 at 12:06 PM, Buffalo Junction said:

Not worried at all. I’d like to see improvement, but I think with an offseason of examination Daboll can tweak run schemes to figure some stuff out. Not having Gore back there as a key to stack the box will help as will Ford improving. More than anything though Allen developing and improving blitz & coverage identification, audibles, and protection calls will help the most. 

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Depends who's there... if a WR like Aiyuk falls to 54, you aren't going to have someone of his ability in the 4th or even 3rd IMO....

Just don't think it's a bad idea to absolutely stack the WR corps and ensure Josh has everything he needs to be successful next season. 

If its the Kid Aiyuk anywhere near pick 54 ? Resounding yes

44 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

It was in a book I had bought when they first came out...I will see if I can scan it or take some screenshots

Thanks, but if it there isn't a simple link, that's okay.   

It's interesting to me that they would have done the math to figure this out.  

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Thanks, but if it there isn't a simple link, that's okay.   

It's interesting to me that they would have done the math to figure this out.  

This isn't the study I was talking about but here is one I found that talks about it

https://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=2019-offensive-line-continuity

And another

https://www.rotoviz.com/2019/04/analyzing-post-draft-offensive-line-continuity/

Edited by matter2003

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

This isn't the study I was talking about but here is one I found that talks about it

https://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=2019-offensive-line-continuity

Thanks, that's interesting.   It's a year old, but it makes it even more interesting, because the Bills had the LEAST continuity of any team last season, and they still did okay.   This year they'll have 100% continuity, so it would suggest we should see some real improvement.   

Interesting stuff.