The obligatory number change thread - Diggs & Ray Ray

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not if he tried to do the jobs that the 99.9% of fans who think he's a scrub (he is).

Were Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell (just 2 of a huge list of NFL busts) better than "95%" of the Div 1 guys who didn't make it to the NFL?

No.

A scrub is a scrub.  Anyone in any line of work can identify a scrub in their workplace.  So it's OK for them to identify one in another workplace.  

Reduce the hero worship.

Not hero worship.  Facts.   Reduce the ass-holishness. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, FluffHead said:

11 has a bad history here 

Diggs should save some cash and wear whatever number through camp, when mccloud gets cut then take 14

Tj graham?  ?

It’s bad juju to not pay the cut candidate for his number in one way or another. Dude may be unemployed afterwards so a cash send off is ideal. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/20/2020 at 9:14 PM, 947 said:

I sure hope Diggs takes #14, I have an old Sammy jersey that could use a new nameplate.

Where do you get those? I have 2 Watkins so one could use a change hehe

11 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

It’s bad juju to not pay the cut candidate for his number in one way or another. Dude may be unemployed afterwards so a cash send off is ideal. 

John Brown did it last year and it worked out OK

1 hour ago, FluffHead said:

John Brown did it last year and it worked out OK

Are you sure there wasn’t some sort of compensation for the jersey number? I didn’t hear anything either way about it. Granted , it’s not like many folks were following Da'Mari Scott. I certainly wasn’t. 

24 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Are you sure there wasn’t some sort of compensation for the jersey number? I didn’t hear anything either way about it. Granted , it’s not like many folks were following Da'Mari Scott. I certainly wasn’t. 

Brown wore #2 all through OTAs and such until Scott got cut, the he switched to 15. He typically wore 12 most of his career and wore 13 in Baltimore. Victor Bolden wore 13 but lasted a lot longer than Scott, so maybe Brown settled for 15. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Brown wore #2 all through OTAs and such until Scott got cut, the he switched to 15. He typically wore 12 most of his career and wore 13 in Baltimore. Victor Bolden wore 13 but lasted a lot longer than Scott, so maybe Brown settled for 15. 

So he just waited it out. ??

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Brown wore 2 until Scott was cut and switched to 15 

On 3/21/2020 at 8:35 PM, purple haze said:

I don't believe in curses, in general.  Diggs is a better WR than Roscoe or Zay.  Johnson wasn't great.  Bledsoe was okay.  I'm expecting Diggs to be dynamite no matter what number he wears because he's an explosive player, has been and should continue to be, if Josh does his job.

Dan Manucci, Joe Dufek, Scott Norwood,  TJ Graham.  Maybe Diggs can break the curse, but I have a feeling he will be wearing 14.