The obligatory number change thread - Diggs & Ray Ray

15 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

11 is cursed.  He should stay far away from that Bills jersey number.

No such thing, unless you put energy into believing it.  Diggs would be fine in #11 because Diggs can play.

13 hours ago, 947 said:

I sure hope Diggs takes #14, I have an old Sammy jersey that could use a new nameplate.

He might want a new number to go along with his new start.

• Like (+1) 1

I can honestly and sincerely share with all of you that I had completely forgotten that Ray Ray McCloud was currently a  Buffalo Bill.  I'm also supremely confident that I'm not the only one.

Are we sure that he is?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ennjay said:

I can honestly and sincerely share with all of you that I had completely forgotten that Ray Ray McCloud was currently a  Buffalo Bill.  I'm also supremely confident that I'm not the only one.

Are we sure that he is?

As of January 6, 2020 he was per https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-sign-10-reserve-future-free-agents

• Thank you (+1) 1

It always amazes me how disrespectful and dismissive people are of Ray Ray McLoud or any pro athlete.  He might not be as good as others on the NFL level, but he is on the NFL level; that takes a lot of talent and a hell of a lot of hard work and perseverance.  The dude who is a "bench warmer" on, or gets cut from, your favorite pro teams would smash you and 95% of players in their sport.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, purple haze said:

It always amazes me how disrespectful and dismissive people are of Ray Ray McLoud or any pro athlete.  He might not be as good as others on the NFL level, but he is on the NFL level; that takes a lot of talent and a hell of a lot of hard work and perseverance.  The dude who is a "bench warmer" on, or gets cut from, your favorite pro teams would smash you and 95% of players in their sport.

They would smash 99% of any people in the sport

Making the NFL is like .01%.. so the people they are worse than are the best 99.99% in the world

I want Diggs to get it.   Also, my 7 yr old is a huge Bills fan.  He is no 14 in Lax and is pumped at getting Diggs number. (his friend got no. 88–which is the number of his fav bills player, “DaAwsome Knox”) as he calls him.   

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, purple haze said:

No such thing, unless you put energy into believing it.  Diggs would be fine in #11 because Diggs can play.

He might want a new number to go along with his new start.

Look at the history of Bills who wore 11 and you will see why it is cursed.

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

I don't believe in curses, in general.  Diggs is a better WR than Roscoe or Zay.  Johnson wasn't great.  Bledsoe was okay.  I'm expecting Diggs to be dynamite no matter what number he wears because he's an explosive player, has been and should continue to be, if Josh does his job.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

They would smash 99% of any people in the sport

Making the NFL is like .01%.. so the people they are worse than are the best 99.99% in the world

Yeah, I was giving that five percent after 95% to the players who have pro athleticism, but can't quite play well enough consistently enough.  But I can rock with your numbers.  I just hate to see the outright disrespect of players.  It's hard as hell to even get a tryout to be considered for an invite to rookie camp, OTA, training camp, let alone actually be invited to camp or stick on a practice squad.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Yeah, I was giving that five percent after 95% to the players who have pro athleticism, but can't quite play well enough consistently enough.  But I can rock with your numbers.  I just hate to see the outright disrespect of players.  It's hard as hell to even get a tryout to be considered for an invite to rookie camp, OTA, training camp, let alone actually be invited to camp or stick on a practice squad.

I ? agree with everything you said

Fringe players and Practice squaders have one of the toughest jobs in sports. No love and constantly have coaches and people riding you

First one in , last out and most get cut

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Azucho98 said:

The Bills should retire #11.  Then hold a ceremony burning it and burying the ashes at the former site of War Memorial.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 3/20/2020 at 8:26 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

My bet is Diggs will be wearing 11.  He wore #1 in college.

11 has a bad history here 

Diggs should save some cash and wear whatever number through camp, when mccloud gets cut then take 14

15 hours ago, purple haze said:

I don't believe in curses, in general.  Diggs is a better WR than Roscoe or Zay.  Johnson wasn't great.  Bledsoe was okay.  I'm expecting Diggs to be dynamite no matter what number he wears because he's an explosive player, has been and should continue to be, if Josh does his job.

Tj graham?  ?

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, purple haze said:

I have a warm spot for RayRay after learning he was the guy chosen to simulate Lamar Jackson on the scout team.  Since we did a pretty durn good job shutting down the Ravens, I give RayRay props for that.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/21/2020 at 3:39 PM, purple haze said:

Not if he tried to do the jobs that the 99.9% of fans who think he's a scrub (he is).

Were Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell (just 2 of a huge list of NFL busts) better than "95%" of the Div 1 guys who didn't make it to the NFL?

No.

A scrub is a scrub.  Anyone in any line of work can identify a scrub in their workplace.  So it's OK for them to identify one in another workplace.  

Reduce the hero worship.