Pegulas taking heat for treatment of PSE employees during quarantine; donate 1.2 mill to WNY pandemic relief

8 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I mean, to be fair I don’t think there’s a lot of employers out there that are going to pay their employees for work not performed (mine included). Reeks of typical buffalo media muckraking.

Yep. He didn’t get to be a billionaire by giving money away. He’s probably going to lose a lot over the next few months. 

7 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

giphy.gif

Since you are new here, it's an inside joke for us older more long-term members.

Edit: Also, you would be surprised by the outstanding jobs that many on here have, Doctors, Dentists, Executives, Writers, male strippers like @Gugny, etc...

To be clear, number of posts has nothing to do with common sense. 

2 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Yea that is true.  But did you read the article?  The difference is how the Pegula’s handled the layoffs as opposed to other NHL owners.

They didn’t promise a job when things turned around.  They also denied paying PTO which is completely BS.

Not faulting them for the layoffs but they couldn’t handled this situation much much better - do you disagree?

How about PTO - do you get that?

Really dude? Get a grip 

4 hours ago, Augie said:

Do you realize that Marriott has let tens of thousands of people go? You can’t pay them to sit and look at each other. 

Our future daughter in law was one of 40 out of 600 to survive the cut at her major hotel, but she expects to get cut in the next wave.  In the long run this may be more about the economic impact than the lives lost, though lives always count the most. 

Its easy to say lives count the most, but when 10s of millions of lives are ruined to save a few thousands makes you wonder if this is all worth it. The hard part most the 70 year olds we are trying to save, won’t stay home because they’ve been lied to by the government for 70 years. The Pegulas have more to lose than any of us. 

Edited by uticaclub

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yep. He didn’t get to be a billionaire by giving money away. He’s probably going to lose a lot over the next few months. 

Awwww, that’s a shame. It must suck to go from 4 billion to 3 billion. Hope he doesn’t lose any sleep.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

Why not? Businesses have taken record profits for years now. Yet their debt loads increased. Rather than paying down their sent, they spent heavily on stock repurchases making their stick options more and more valuable for their execs. Now they are lining up again for Corporate bailouts. Why does corporate welfare get a pass, yet a poor single parent get trashed for being on food stamps. The real money is being stolen by the top.

I didn't say anything about corporate bailouts.  I think companies should provide their own liquidity.  

The biggest thing I hate about this is the “all about the money”... if it really was, I don’t think they would be trying to build franchises in Buffalo and come to the conclusion we are getting paid in this city... and this isn’t hate to Buffalo at all, I’m just saying they ain’t here to make money imo. 

4 minutes ago, BananaSquad said:

The biggest thing I hate about this is the “all about the money”... if it really was, I don’t think they would be trying to build franchises in Buffalo and come to the conclusion we are getting paid in this city... and this isn’t hate to Buffalo at all, I’m just saying they ain’t here to make money imo. 

Owning an nfl team is a guaranteed money maker (not so much nhl though), but it’s true they could make more in another city. 

17 hours ago, MJS said:

Do former employees ever have anything good to say about an organization?

Only because they’re forced to because of severance agreements or because badmouthing a former employer won’t enhance future employment prospects 

17 hours ago, ngbills said:

Of course this is based off the reports and what employees have said, what the article says and the fact that termination letters and firings have taken place. Most in my industry have been doing what we can to keep and support employees best we can. Wont be forever, but we are not jumping straight to firing people. Sounds like they were waiting to do this and it gave them a great opportunity to do so. 

It gives corporations a perfect excuse to trim payroll .... I’d bet Elon Musk is doing a happy dance laying off everyone at the Tesla plant

17 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Are people able to collect unemployment if they have been essentially furloughed with job security guaranteed when the business re-opens?

Many guys absolutely LOVE layoffs during hunting season .... unemployment checks and knowing your back at it in a few months,  but they can plan and budget for it too - it’s a win win

26 minutes ago, nucci said:

so they are above being questioned or criticized?

When they bought the Bills I knew it was a matter of time before people would turn on them. Because memories are short and we take things for granted. We take miracles for granted. (And someone overpaying for the Bills by half a billion just to keep them here was a miracle.)

You want to crap on them? Go ahead.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

When they bought the Bills I knew it was a matter of time before people would turn on them. Because memories are short and we take things for granted. We take miracles for granted. (And someone overpaying for the Bills by half a billion just to keep them here was a miracle.)

You want to crap on them? Go ahead.

Did  I crap on them or say anything negative about them? i asked you a simple question

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

Did  I crap on them or say anything negative about them? i asked you a simple question

No but Vogl is making it his crusade. A lot of people assume they know everything about the Pegulas, how much money they have and how they should spend it.

If they are doing something illegal then sure, question them. Otherwise life isn't fair.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I mean, to be fair I don’t think there’s a lot of employers out there that are going to pay their employees for work not performed (mine included). Reeks of typical buffalo media muckraking.

Agree. Pegula haters grab on to this. 

14 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

The article conveniently glosses over the fact that a lot of the workers are employees of whoever has the contract with PSE. So most likely subject to that employers policies. Sure PSE is cutting the checks to the contractor but they may not even have the authority to just arbitrarily make policy to people that aren’t technically their employees. Hard to pass judgment without knowing the details but certainly written so that people get the pitchforks out. As with most things, not as simple as it seems on the surface. 

All NHL owners are in similar situation yet doing the right thing by paying employees now.

I'd like to see the Pegula's respond to this report.  Give their side of the story or it looks like a cutthroat business decision to me.  It just doesn't make sense to me for them to do this given they seem to understand the importance of a good PR look.

My cousin's husband works as an editor/producer for PSE and is being paid working from home right now.  He doesn't really work with Terry but interacts with Kim often.  He's had nothing but glaring reviews for her.