Pegulas taking heat for treatment of PSE employees during quarantine; donate 1.2 mill to WNY pandemic relief

Not sure I understand the anger towards not saving them their jobs. Its hospitality/service work employees move and work multiple places all the time. Seems very run of the mill. Now not paying the PTO out is a lame move, don't be cheap(comes with zero knowledge of there pto program)

But dear lord pay the arena workers, the amount it would cost them to do so is nothing comparatively is nothing and would make a huge difference in each staffs lives. 

2 hours ago, mattynh said:

Businesses all over the country are laying people off.  It sucks for sure.  And there is no guarantee business ever gets back to how it was.  

Nope probably not as this is to kill the middle class and knockout most small to medium and a few big businesses. The NWO is rolling in faster than people could even imagine. This flu is not much different than last year and previous years. The flu virus one of many effects old and infants.  There rolling with this to steal are liberties and resources/freedom and just like 911 nothing more nothing less.  P.S. The Investigation for 911 did not start till after 300 plus days but yet we were bombing the middle East within 72 hours. That's how dumb down some are thinking terriost actually carried out that event. They shipped out the evidence  before the investigation started, clever no... evil yes.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

In that same generosity of spirit, I would like for you to run out and give a homeless person half of your house and all of your belongings for free.  You have way more than that homeless person does.  Apparently that homeless person is just as entitled to the fruits or your labor, skill, experience, effort, and time as you are...  

Oh please, it would not be half of the Pegula's wealth to make some good things happen for their employees...

As far as the homeless, any time somebody asks me for money or food, I give...I would give the shirt off my back or go hungry to feed somebody else if needed. If I become homeless then I could no longer make a difference in peoples lives but that's not where I was going with the Pegulas... To see generosity within somebodies means is wonderful and I am thankful to them but obviously everybody can do more, especially the extremely wealthy.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

Of course this is based off the reports and what employees have said, what the article says and the fact that termination letters and firings have taken place. Most in my industry have been doing what we can to keep and support employees best we can. Wont be forever, but we are not jumping straight to firing people. Sounds like they were waiting to do this and it gave them a great opportunity to do so. 

Sounds like a good excuse for you to find another team. I mean if I felt like some was selfish and heartless I would not support the product they owned. 

44 minutes ago, NFLBighits said:

Nope probably not as this is to kill the middle class and knockout most small to medium and a few big businesses. The NWO is rolling in faster than people could even imagine. This flu is not much different than last year and previous years. The flu virus one of many effects old and infants.  There rolling with this to steal are liberties and resources/freedom and just like 911 nothing more nothing less.  P.S. The Investigation for 911 did not start till after 300 plus days but yet we were bombing the middle East within 72 hours. That's how dumb down some are thinking terriost actually carried out that event. They shipped out the evidence  before the investigation started, clever no... evil yes.

No shortage of tin foil hats

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Thanks for that. Clears it up a lot. Although that link also says... “Not every employee can pursue this option however. Each state has individual rules for collecting unemployment, including (potentially) waiting periods to collect benefits and a requirement that the applicant show an active job search. Either or both of these may disqualify a furloughed worker. Further, furloughed workers who receive back pay for their time away from work will typically have to pay back any unemployment benefits they collected.”

Yes rules are different for different states.  My wife used to be a tailor and Virginia used to insist she pay unemployment tax even though she was not able to collect when she had no work since she was paid by item not per hour.  She proved to Virginia she did not need to pay it so they went after he major client and tried to pressure them to pay the unemployment tax.  It is ridiculous to pay this tax when person is not eligible for benefit.

My employer is government contractor.  When the government is shutdown we do not get paid if they are not paid.  We needed to find some way of doing work remotely or not get paid.  Our position uses shared machines and rules state employees using shared machines cannot rdp to that machine.  The government is making this call and is not paying if they make it impossible for us to work.  

I was let go for medical reasons from another contractor job (I was getting surgery) and it was illegal to lay me off so as soon as I told them about surgery they had government reclassify it as a different type of position and they laid me off for lack of work.  My company initiated change.

Companies will do what is best for company first.  If it is better for company including reputation / morale to pay them or keep jobs (assuming no labor union type contract mandates) they will do so.  if company is not doing well and may need to restructure after things turn around and may layoff anyways they will not guarantee jobs.

• Like (+1) 1

This is not just about, like, the bottom line at 716, though. In a few years, Terry and Kim are going to come looking to the taxpayers of Erie County and New York State for money to help them build their new stadium. It's a self-inflicted PR wound for them to stiff the working man here. This is in keeping with the seemingly never-ending PR messes on the Sabres side of things. It's a weird, dumb hill to die on, in my opinion.

31 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Oh please, it would not be half of the Pegula's wealth to make some good things happen for their employees...

As far as the homeless, any time somebody asks me for money or food, I give...I would give the shirt off my back or go hungry to feed somebody else if needed. If I become homeless then I could no longer make a difference in peoples lives but that's not where I was going with the Pegulas... To see generosity within somebodies means is wonderful and I am thankful to them but obviously everybody can do more, especially the extremely wealthy.

Truce...

I regretted that post the minute I sent it.  The post is reflective of how I feel about these issues, but TBD is not the place to have that discussion and I apologize for giving into the temptation to climb up on my soapbox.  This message board is one of the few escapes from the toxic politics that permeate every facet of our lives now.  We need to work to keep it that way.

• Thank you (+1) 3

58 minutes ago, mattynh said:

No shortage of tin foil hats

Ya where your facts ?  I have plenty.

32 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Truce...

I regretted that post the minute I sent it.  The post is reflective of how I feel about these issues, but TBD is not the place to have that discussion and I apologize for giving into the temptation to climb up on my soapbox.  This message board is one of the few escapes from the toxic politics that permeate every facet of our lives now.  We need to work to keep it that way.

It's all good! Unfortunately most things becomes political as it's a effect of ***** rolling down on us!  Piss on politics ? 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Don Dokken said:

This is not just about, like, the bottom line at 716, though. In a few years, Terry and Kim are going to come looking to the taxpayers of Erie County and New York State for money to help them build their new stadium. It's a self-inflicted PR wound for them to stiff the working man here. This is in keeping with the seemingly never-ending PR messes on the Sabres side of things. It's a weird, dumb hill to die on, in my opinion.

Unless....

The market turns against them so....

55 minutes ago, Don Dokken said:

this seems even more hilariously tone-deaf given current events

Edited by RiotAct
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ngbills said:

Of course this is based off the reports and what employees have said, what the article says and the fact that termination letters and firings have taken place. Most in my industry have been doing what we can to keep and support employees best we can. Wont be forever, but we are not jumping straight to firing people. Sounds like they were waiting to do this and it gave them a great opportunity to do so. 

They aren't employees, they are former employees. Former employees are ALWAYS disgruntled and ALWAYS blame their former employer for everything.

1 hour ago, Don Dokken said:

Maybe they've got bullets to spare?  Whereas previously we thought they were heaven sent.

4 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Are people able to collect unemployment if they have been essentially furloughed with job security guaranteed when the business re-opens?

Yes. It's called attached unemployment. You get a shorter period of time on it and don't have to be looking for another job, but otherwise it's the same as far as benefits go.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

This can’t be true. In a time like this?

no way. 

That would be evil and heartless. 

Sounds eerily like Andrew Cuomo today announcing that 100 % of all "non essential" workers would be sent home.

Public safety.

Tanked the Dow 1000 points.

Essential employees include:

janitors

plumbers

secretarys

accoutants 

ok.....anyone who is not an employee of New York State

Lies.

Let em die...